PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy theme

nik_lin
08-28-2018, 11:52 AM
Fantasy used to have good commons (interesting specials), some good rare/epic and weak legendaries.

Then you guys decided to make some "balancing" and cards like Princess Kenny went from good to so-so (cutting deathwish from 10 seconds to 5 seconds).

After the latest common nerf / legendary upgrade they have quite useless commons, good rare/epic and still really weak legendaries.

Look at Grand Wizard Cartman: he is horribly expensive to play but has a very weak attack, is very slow, his charged attack is more or less meaningless... The only upside is his HP but Zen Cartman is still a lot better and a lot cheaper. Besides, GWC is supposed to be legendary, but no one would ever play him.

Shield Maiden Wendy is almost as bad, but at least shes cheaper. But her stats and charged effect is also anything but legendary...

Yes, they both received buffs recently but so did every single legendary in the game. If you compare them to the boosted Mecka Timmy or Stan of Many Moons, there is a huge discrepancy between legendary and legendary in the game. That would be fine fine if the rest of the theme was still good, but its not. The only two cards in fantasy that are really good are Rogue Token and Dwarf King Clyde.

Talking of the Princess Kenny deathwish nerf: how come you would cut his deathwish in half and leave Cyborg Kenny untouched? Cyborg Kenny's deathwish is a LOT better and with the current ten second timer is incredibly powerful. Throw him in front of any decent unit and you will spend 3 energy on your CK. That gives you 0 or 1 kills before he dies. Deathwish then takes over the killing unit who will either "double KO" with another nearby unit, effectively killing off 2 units at once or rush the other player who has to summon a new unit or use a spell to kill off the controlled unit.

So the result to the other player is usually one of the following: loss of 2 units, loss of a life bar and the death of the controlled unit by the blowback or loss of 4-5 energy to play a defensive spell plus the loss of the controlled unit. All of this for 3 energy and works off the bat with a level 1 Cyborg Kenny. If you refuse to nerf CK then at least you should raise his cost again, he used to be a 4 energy cost unit originally if I remember correctly?

DarthCh3f
09-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Talking of the Princess Kenny deathwish nerf: how come you would cut his deathwish in half and leave Cyborg Kenny untouched? Cyborg Kenny's deathwish is a LOT better and with the current ten second timer is incredibly powerful.

Cyborg Kenny is 4, Princess Kenny is 2 cost.
Cyborg Kenny costs twice as much as Princess Kenny, hence twice the deathwish length. Math is fun!

You left out Chicken Coop. You can literally throw commons out with chicken coop and take a bar, then use Rogue Token to clear the field for defense. That's LITERALLY all fantasy needs. And boom, you actually get to use more than 1 theme, so you can pair those two insanely OP cards with OP cards from other themes and win.

nik_lin
09-02-2018, 10:22 AM
Cyborg Kenny is 4, Princess Kenny is 2 cost.

Hmm, yeah, you are right. Not sure why I thought CK was 3, probably because I never play SF anymore, only used it at the very start. So yeah, that makes most of the cost argument obsolete :)

Although I still find CK to be THE most annoying card in the entire game due to its ridiculous death wish (epic or no epic). Just today I had a guy play him 3 times and mind control twice, its just tiresome...

PS! Yes, math is fun, but we both know there is no 1:1 correlation between cost and deathwish / charged times in this game, so...