PDA

View Full Version : Developer Update: Mini Monday Edition (Edited)

Ubi-Toller
08-27-2018, 02:28 PM
Hey everyone! It痴 Toller, and I知 here with a special Monday Mini-Update!

MAINTENANCE

First up, please be aware that on Tuesday, August 28th, we値l have a server maintenance starting at 8 AM UTC. This is expected to last 1 hour, but if that changes, we値l let you know.

https://i.imgur.com/tCzuI5e.jpg

24 HOUR EVENT

Our usual, 24 hour event is on the horizon! This week will be Fantasy themed and will focus on the following cards:

Stan the Great
Rogue Token
Dwarf King Clyde
Shieldmaiden Wendy
Dwarf Engineer Dougie
C o c k Magic
Hookhand Clyde
Cyborg Kenny
Regeneration
Rat Swarm
Pigeons

CHALLENGE MODE

This week痴 Challenge Mode will be the Wimpy Kid Challenge! You池e looking pretty weak there, New Kid! All New Kids will be level 1 for this, so put together your best 祖hip deck and try to knock down the opponent before they knock down you!

EDIT: In addition to your New Kid being level 1, he will also not zap during this challenge

If you manage to complete the challenge, you値l notice that the rewards are better this week. The cost to retry the challenge will be increasing as well, going from 25 up to 50. While the cost to refresh has increased, you値l be able to get more rewards in less time.

Good luck out there!

Until next time, we値l see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
Toller🐶, Steve🚀 and Buck🦌

TAMISH2-ZN
08-27-2018, 02:45 PM
Thanks Toller... hope the short event is filled with coins :cool:

Ubi-Toller
08-27-2018, 02:51 PM
You're welcome! :D

camelchasers
08-27-2018, 03:01 PM
Double cost for the challenge? Damn guys... I really want to like you but... wow. Not making it easy.

TAMISH2-ZN
08-27-2018, 03:31 PM
The challenges suck anyway... It doesn't affect me because I never try more than once.

Void_Away-
08-27-2018, 03:46 PM
The cost to retry the challenge will be increasing as well, going from 25 up to 50. While the cost to refresh has increased, you’ll be able to get more rewards in less time.

This is a little ambiguous, since it's double the price, by more do you mean that you can confirm that the rewards are doubled in comparison to the old amount of rewards (that is double amount of common/rare/epics and coins).

Edit: I already am short in greens, this won't make you guys popular if the price is doubled and the rewards are not.

Hershalicious
08-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Milk-ith The Whale-Ith Engaged!

Have a great #MustacheMonday

hades56046
08-27-2018, 04:04 PM
You guys just digging even bigger hole for yourself with decisions like that.
What I have in mind? ok lets see:

Community: Game is full of bugs, Last developer update needs hot fix, Damage done to new kids not being registered, information about updates coming on last day before the update, prices of daily deals, offers, and other packs in shop are too high, game disconnects randomly even with great wifi connection, there is no in game chat outside your team (no way of recruiting new members to your team in game), We don't want locker limits during events, not enough pvp tickets during locker events(which I covered in my post today 'How we loosing pvp tickets during locker event and how to fix it'), Still no news about team vs team events, we didn't get more levels in story mode which I got 6 left(some people already completed every level 15 times).

But at least we have the challenge mode where cost is fair for what you getting it's cost only 25 cash.

Redlynx+ developers: People are really unhappy about our last update we should do something about it, I know lets raise the price for challenge mode refresher up to 50 in game cash, so they will be more upset about this and forget all the damage we caused with our last update, now that sounds like a great idea everyone in? oh yes.

Ps it's not directed to you Ubitoller or Buck or Steve since I doubt you guys got any saying in what features has to be added or fixed in the game, basically you are the face of the company and you have to take the beating from community which are obviously upset now more than ever while these guys who are actually making those decisions hiding safely in their offices.

Void_Away-
08-27-2018, 04:25 PM
Ps it's not directed to you Ubitoller or Buck or Steve since I doubt you guys got any saying in what features has to be added or fixed in the game, basically you are the face of the company and you have to take the beating from community which are obviously upset now more than ever while these guys who are actually making those decisions hiding safely in their offices.

They are indeed operation human shield. I'd still appreciate an answer to my first comment Toller, even if it's a comparison between old and new amounts in terms of percentage.

Edit: All these changes have a really bad timing, I'm still like wtf.

guest-RMKwAbx1
08-27-2018, 04:56 PM
So, you guys are increasing cost of challenges while increasing rewards... after you ninja nerfed challenge rewards in the first place?

Typical scum Redlynx

Void_Away-
08-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Ignored question huh, I'll have to assume we actually get less for the same value of green cash. It's such a pity to witness one of my favorite games transform into this, and voicing our discontent doesn't have the tiniest effect on the developers decisions. I guess we have to try to take our non conformism to other South Park forums and Twitter because this way of communication just doesn't work, it's impossible that after all the negative feedback you guys keep on your abuse, do you guys even have a conscience? I really like this game but you are tearing it apart.

Hershalicious
08-27-2018, 06:10 PM
Lisa your tearing me apart!!!

l1styx1l
08-28-2018, 02:03 AM
So crippling updates and an increase to the challenge mode reset. Were the disconnect rates decreased as well? Y'all are being greedy AF right now. Challenge mode penalizes you for disconnects which happens more often than not. I probablywon't be the only person who tries it out once but refuses to drop 50 on it when 25 was y'all already tripping on cat urine.

Aziin
08-28-2018, 04:00 AM
To increase the $, decrease the dc "Searching Opponent".
The game is broken, and we still have to pay +?
i've been thinking seriously about stopping. Players no have voice. :'( (translator XD)

TAMISH2-ZN
08-28-2018, 07:23 AM
To all the haters; i have one question:

How annoying are the adverts in this game???

nyajinsky
08-28-2018, 09:02 AM
well, looks like I'll be doing the challenges only once instead of twice. I suck at them anyway so whatever.

"operation human shield"... I like it, lol. I don't know who the marketing in the game is, but ... bad job. don't they know that in order to make more money, selling for less is always better? it's not even a product that needs to be made every time it's sold like candy. it's made regardless since it's a freemium game. just look how much money you must have got from that 1dollar sale of terrance and phillip. it's decreasing the prices that will make people spent more cash. not increasing them. the challenges were 25 cash. I bought it. now it will be 50 cash. I won't, that's 0 from me. if it was 15 cash, I would buy it twice. that's 30 cash. seriously guys, I only had marketing in high school and still know this. such a weird thinking... spread the word, operation human shield.

testiclicles
08-28-2018, 01:57 PM
Last challenge i hit 3 times. No way I'm trying more than once now.

Especially when some of my challenge losses are only due to disconnections.

TAMISH2-ZN
08-29-2018, 07:18 AM
I live in a 3rd world country and 99% of the time the line drops due to my poor network. #justsaying

Maybe the servers in the states can't manage the number of users, but, where I am, I rarely have issues which are not cause by my own crappy network.

Void_Away-
08-29-2018, 10:45 AM
I live in a 3rd world country and 99% of the time the line drops due to my poor network. #justsaying

Maybe the servers in the states can't manage the number of users, but, where I am, I rarely have issues which are not cause by my own crappy network.

The guy you were answering was referring about a specific problem where a loss is given before even starting the fight. They didn't keep their word with full server side either so connection related problems are gonna be more prominent.

TAMISH2-ZN
08-29-2018, 11:57 AM
:nonchalance:

My bad

Void_Away-
08-29-2018, 02:43 PM
So you can earn about 13% more gold, provided you get 12 wins, but I just finished the challenge with 12 wins and I only found 2 epics in total after opening all the packs, and the cards you get are really close in amount to the old amounts. Wimpy challenge specially is one where you can mess up faster than other challenges, so I'd say don't throw away your green cash for nerfed rewards.

TAMISH2-ZN
08-29-2018, 03:08 PM
Void Away is not lying about the error at the beginning of the challenge!

I experienced it twice now and I am two lives down on matches which I could have won.

Is it on purpose to ensure we spend cash to refresh the challenge?

I only refreshed a challenge once and will never do it again because you start from the beginning of the challenge all over again so it's not worth it to pay and start from scratch.

Come on Ubisoft, I can only defend you guys so much... this is a real issue which needs attention.

Enano8686
08-29-2018, 10:18 PM
It's unacceptable that when the sign "the opponent had left the match" pops up you get a X in the challenge, I've lost my second fight I was unable to keep playing because of that mistake and we have to pay 50 greens now. By y the way 25 was great, it encouraged you play it over and over and even to try to get a better score, now that it's doubled I'm sure that you won't have even the half of people going over it because it's too expensive to lose. My opinion.
Good luck.

Enano8686
08-29-2018, 10:20 PM
By the way, one thing that's is really unnoying and disappointing from the team is that after months of having the bug with units that charge into attack you they have not fixed it yet. Dwarf king clyde and Hercules still do unfair stuff when mind controlled.

TAMISH2-ZN
08-30-2018, 08:00 AM
I recommend that a counter be introduced similarly to PVP packs.

You can keep it at 50 cash reducing hourly and free after 12 hours...

merely a suggestion.

It's not like the rewards are great either. I get 3 rares in my PVP packs... for 45 cash i refresh instantly and get 3 rares.