PDA

View Full Version : A tutorial mission??

Hollywood_009
11-01-2007, 05:45 PM
i wonder if there will be a tutorial mission. i know he is a master assassin but it could be like im Metal gear solid were you have to "shake the rust off"...i mean with this games new control system and different type of...well EVERYTHING i would hope there is a tutorial mission any ideas about it??

Hollywood_009
11-01-2007, 05:45 PM
i wonder if there will be a tutorial mission. i know he is a master assassin but it could be like im Metal gear solid were you have to "shake the rust off"...i mean with this games new control system and different type of...well EVERYTHING i would hope there is a tutorial mission any ideas about it??

SJCHS_Ghost
11-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Ya I imagine thats what the fortress will be for, besides collecting flags thats probably where the tutorile will be

Warrior-Within2
11-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Yes, there is a tutorial mission at the beginning of the game.

Kaxen6
11-01-2007, 05:52 PM
There is a fighting tutorial inside Masyaf. Altair demonstrates how to do cool assassiny things at the request of the assassin teacher.

Dunno about the rest, though the controls besides fighting are relatively easy to figure out.

Hollywood_009
11-01-2007, 05:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SJCHS_Ghost:
Ya I imagine thats what the fortress will be for, besides collecting flags thats probably where the tutorile will be </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fortress?? flags?? wat are you talking about??

BellumetPax
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Use the search function and find out. But there are flags to collect in the game as a "side quest". Cheers

Greenman2000
11-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Cant u train in Masyaf

synergy23
11-02-2007, 11:49 AM
ya i heard there is a tutorial right at the beginning of the game......dont know if u can skip it though cause if u cant it would get annoying

Aphelion7
11-02-2007, 12:30 PM
How many times do you plan on starting the game from the very beginning? lol

MeAltairLol
11-02-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't think it will be THAT bad...

SixWon85
11-02-2007, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hollywood_009:
i wonder if there will be a tutorial mission. i know he is a master assassin but it could be like im Metal gear solid were you have to "shake the rust off"...i mean with this games new control system and different type of...well EVERYTHING i would hope there is a tutorial mission any ideas about it?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, don't ever compare AC to MGS. haha.

dd22cowboys
11-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Fortress?? flags?? wat are you talking about??[/QUOTE]

Hes talking about Masyaf, the assassins fortress. Where altair gets new assassination missions and I know i read somewhere that its a training center for learning new moves as well as the basics of the game.

pietjevlip
11-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Well, as I thought JR said in an interview, in the story, you start with all items, but then lose them all because of some failure or something, and need to earn them back in some way... I'd guess that the starting with everything is for tutorial purposes mainly...

Acharel
11-02-2007, 06:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixWon85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hollywood_009:
i wonder if there will be a tutorial mission. i know he is a master assassin but it could be like im Metal gear solid were you have to "shake the rust off"...i mean with this games new control system and different type of...well EVERYTHING i would hope there is a tutorial mission any ideas about it?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, don't ever compare AC to MGS. haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You obviously don't have the first idea what he meant by that comparison. I can compare Assassin's Creed to Zelda when it comes to the fact that you have a horse you can ride all over the place in both games. Doesn't mean that the rest of the games are even remotely similiar.

It's in several games where you're not playing some rookie character who doesn't know what the hell he is up to. Introducing players to the controls by having some tutor guy go like "HI N00B LET ME TEACH YOU SOME TRICKS" doesn't work in neither Snake nor Alta´r's case, because story-wise they're very adept at what they do. The explanation that they're just in need of a slight refreshment of their abilities works better.

Of course, another solution would be to just have the HUD explain things on the bottom of the screen as you go.

Tornadium
11-02-2007, 07:12 PM
I believe he was saying don't compare MGS to AC because AC &gt; MGS so god damned much.

deskpe
11-02-2007, 07:13 PM
the assassins head dude propably asks you if you want to do it or something like " if you want to train follow me" i think JR said something about game not forcing you to do a tutorial, but that was some time ago, might have changed