PDA

View Full Version : What if the nuxia is the one who turtle?

RexXZ347
08-25-2018, 02:25 PM
As the title says, what if she's the one who turtles? Will she have the advantage over other turtles? She has traps and dodge attacks. I think her turtling is an advantage on her part. Just an idea.

PepsiBeastin
08-25-2018, 02:37 PM
I haven't seen a lot of play test footage, but the safest option against her trap attacks sounds like it would be to attempt to parry. You can feint and block if she follows through, and she'll eat damage if she tries to trap.

Sneakly20
08-25-2018, 04:52 PM
I haven't seen a lot of play test footage, but the safest option against her trap attacks sounds like it would be to attempt to parry. You can feint and block if she follows through, and she'll eat damage if she tries to trap.

That depends on trap timing. If it can be properly delayed then you probably won’t be able to do that. And besides if the trap is on and you decide to parry , you eat free damage since traps catch parry startup. Not attack startup. More so on the extremely slow ( the only move made to be parried) zone that If trapped nets you a trip up and 45 damage which has some range if I remember. The devs said that the best options are dodging or predict and attack through it. Either way how late you can trap will determine how powerful she is due to a shallow but hard hitting kit.

P.S. kinda wish I saw the numbers for her deflect and parry specific punish.

Knight_Raime
08-25-2018, 05:59 PM

Considering the window to soft feint is 400ms for her traps You're not going to be able to feint into block on reaction to her throwing a heavy. This might work from neutral. But her traps seem better for combos. In which you won't be able to do this at all.

to the OP traps don't benefit her playing passively. In order for her to be a good turtle she'd need a good parry mechanic or parry punish. Her heavies are 800ms and zone is 1000ms so neither can be used to safe poke people. She's going to have to be an active player.

RexXZ347
08-26-2018, 03:06 AM
Considering the window to soft feint is 400ms for her traps You're not going to be able to feint into block on reaction to her throwing a heavy. This might work from neutral. But her traps seem better for combos. In which you won't be able to do this at all.

to the OP traps don't benefit her playing passively. In order for her to be a good turtle she'd need a good parry mechanic or parry punish. Her heavies are 800ms and zone is 1000ms so neither can be used to safe poke people. She's going to have to be an active player.

i think she has dodge attacks and 400ms light attacks. In console those are hard to react. I know it is bot yet released but i was just wondering if she is the one who turtled?

Knight_Raime
08-26-2018, 03:30 AM
i think she has dodge attacks and 400ms light attacks. In console those are hard to react. I know it is bot yet released but i was just wondering if she is the one who turtled?

Yes she has dodge attacks. But they look to be 300ms into her dodge. Making them very non practical for delaying. Which is a big strength to counter things like conq's shield bash.
Her in combo lights are 400ms yes.

RexXZ347
08-26-2018, 07:14 AM
Yes she has dodge attacks. But they look to be 300ms into her dodge. Making them very non practical for delaying. Which is a big strength to counter things like conq's shield bash.
Her in combo lights are 400ms yes.

Og my good Lord. They should buff/rework low tier heroes before marching fire comes out.