PDA

View Full Version : P-47 question about tracers and how many guns are firing help please.

Mysticpuma2003
11-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Guys, I love the P-47 but after reading a thread a while ago, I have a question for you that has niggled me since I read it.

My configuration for weapons is main trigger fires weapon 1+2,
button 2 fires weapon 3,
button 3 activates and deactivates track ir
and button 4 activates weapon 4.

When I'm firing, I only ever see two tracer lines from the left and two from the right wings. Now we all know that there are four guns on each wing (D-27).
My question is, should I be seeing four from each side. I'm only asking because I want to make sure that I'm unloading all my weaponry and not just two guns.
I know it's a stupid question, but sometimes if you don't know the answer, pride has to take a back seat. So can someone out there advise me , thanks

Mysticpuma2003
11-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Guys, I love the P-47 but after reading a thread a while ago, I have a question for you that has niggled me since I read it.

My configuration for weapons is main trigger fires weapon 1+2,
button 2 fires weapon 3,
button 3 activates and deactivates track ir
and button 4 activates weapon 4.

When I'm firing, I only ever see two tracer lines from the left and two from the right wings. Now we all know that there are four guns on each wing (D-27).
My question is, should I be seeing four from each side. I'm only asking because I want to make sure that I'm unloading all my weaponry and not just two guns.
I know it's a stupid question, but sometimes if you don't know the answer, pride has to take a back seat. So can someone out there advise me , thanks

Wolkenbeisser
11-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Just press all the triggers you have and then switch to external view (F2). Then you should see, if all 8 guns show (the now cute http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) muzzle flashes or not.

This way you can find out if you fire all guns with your joystick settings.

Greetings from Switzerland

Mysticpuma2003
11-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Ahhh, I was at work when this question rattled it's way from my head to keyboard, should have thought f the F2 view. I'll try it later, but if anyone can beat me to it and answer the tracer question, please feel free to let me know, cheers.

Stickmonkey1
11-16-2004, 12:43 PM
As a guess, perhaps the ammo drums are synchronised so that only 4Mgs are firing tracer at any one time. I suppose you could check by using 1/4 speed and seeing if this is true.

If the above is the case, I wonder why?

Platypus_1.JaVA
11-16-2004, 01:31 PM
WRONG, the normal P-47 had only 4 guns. The P-47Z (you know, the same thing they did to the Bf-109Z) had 8 guns.

Fennec_P
11-16-2004, 05:50 PM
If not already noted, half of the P-47 guns are on "weapon 1" button, and the other half are on "weapon 2".

=cool b/c you can set the convergence for the two sets seperately.

If you have your trigger set for weapon 1+2, all the guns should be firing. I know, without the giant muzzle flame, it is hard to tell if they are.