PDA

View Full Version : Highlander is way too OP

Larry.Foulke
08-24-2018, 04:50 PM
Constantly killing people with 2-3 attacks, unblockable stance, the kick and grab abuse, the counterattack anyside makes him a broken and way too overpowered hero in the game. Also he was buffed not so long ago. It is crazy how strong he is compared to everyone else, have lots of abilities etc. Also often doesn't fall when parried in revenge. Currently if 2 or more highlanders decide to team up they will kill anyone without a doubt. It's insane how his fast light attacks damage as much as some others' heavies.

Balance is getting worse and worse in this game.

Also how comes the highlanders kick can stagger enemies to the wall while the centurion's can't?

David_gorda
08-24-2018, 05:02 PM
Lol this forum :D whats next? Shugoki op? Lawbringer has to many offensive tools? ;)

RLTygurr
08-24-2018, 05:03 PM
Let me answer a few of your concerns one at a time.

Why can Highlander's kick wallsplat while Centurion's cant?
-Because if Centurion's kick could wallsplat he would have yet another way to use his full combo since you can use a heavy after the kick. Highlander only gets his usual offensive heavy off the kick. However, if the Highlander uses the kick but it puts him OOS and unable to use the offensive heavy, he can still get a free OOS light attack if it wallsplats the opponent.

Why does Highlander kill people in 2-3 heavies?
-Because he's very slow. Have you ever had trouble reacting to his regular heavies (not in offensive stance)? No. You don't. All of them take a full second to hit people and his feint game is fairly weak. He deserves to deal that much damage when he is able to, since it's statistically better to do small damage over a lot of attacks that are EASY to land, than to deal large damage over a single attack that is very difficult to land.

Why is his offensive stance so powerful?
-Because he has to give up his ability to block in order to use it, and there's a delay on activation unless its fast flowed from the recovery of another attack. Yes his dodging is improved and this can be frustrating for a lot of people, but there's a lot of characters that have absolutely no issues with knocking him out of his offensive stance.

How do I fight the kick/grab combo?
-Be smart. Don't react too much. If you can, use attacks that sweep in a wide arc that make it difficult for them to dodge. If you have fast lights, use them to your advantage. Sometimes, throwing a raw heavy at them is the best choice to knock them out of whatever they're doing (since they may be so focused on doing a long mixup that it leaves them open to it). Dodge attacks make this combo significantly less threatening, but if you start the dodge attack too late (except for Kensei) the grab will hit you before your dodge attack lands.

Why does he get crushing counterstrike on all of his light openers?
-Dunno. Don't care that much. His lights are practically useless for everything else aside from back-stepping into offensive stance semi-safely.

His lights do too much damage! Why??
- His lights do somewhere between 16-18 damage. That's not more than any character's heavy. I think the closest to that is some heavies that do 25 damage. If you're referring to his offensive lights, they do 10 damage each. 10. That's the same as a gladiator's toe stab which is pitifully weak in terms of damage. It also drains about 1/4 of your stamina bar to use a single one. Don't come here telling me his offensive lights are too strong. Manage to parry one? His stamina is immediately gone and you get a light-parry punish.

Any more questions?

The_B0G_
08-24-2018, 05:06 PM
He falls on a parry with revenge.

He has slow heavy's, besides getting kicked first it's a pretty easy parry on a raw offensive heavy, his defensive heavy is even slower.

His kick/grab mix up can be annoying for sure, if you you have a side dodge attack you negate it though, or even a fast light.

I'm on console so I don't see many people use his crushing counters, but assuming you are on console too (although I think you may be on PC by the sounds of your complaints) how I fight him is I stay as close as possible and keep up pressure as much as possible, lots of fast attacks and mix in GB's.

Do that and you should have an easier time with him, in defensive stance his fastest attack isn't fast enough to counter attack with and his HA on his defensive heavy's activates too late into the swing to be useful. Stay close, lots of pressure, distance and slow pace are your enemy while fighting HL.

yfkutfui
08-24-2018, 05:47 PM
......he's a fU#$ing destroyer, 1 or two hits and your toast

given that FH is primarily the Gankfest yes he can be brutal when attached to the roving ganksquads that infest the game

on his own he's kind of sh!t, he'll try to lure you to a wall or enclosed space to do his wall kick trow thing

AzureSky.
08-25-2018, 04:00 AM
A good highlander on Pc that uses the 400 ms dodge in offensive stance is scary, yet a noob one is really easy to counter.

Very strong in top rankers good hands and very weak and easy to deal with in bad ones, It's good balance if you ask me, the problem is that no other character get to his lvl when played properly, i think the other characters need buffs to get to that lvl instead of nerfing highlander.

Hormly
08-25-2018, 04:29 AM
His kick/grab is absurd and needs reworking.

Other than that he's a pretty cool hero, one of the best in terms of theme and aesthetic and fun to fight.... but the kick/grab guessing game is nonsense

The_B0G_
08-25-2018, 04:34 AM
A good highlander on Pc that uses the 400 ms dodge in offensive stance is scary, yet a noob one is really easy to counter.

Very strong in top rankers good hands and very weak and easy to deal with in bad ones, It's good balance if you ask me, the problem is that no other character get to his lvl when played properly, i think the other characters need buffs to get to that lvl instead of nerfing highlander.

+1 you nailed it. I came up against a HL that used his emote feint in between combos the other day, he wrecked me, I sent him a message after it was over telling him he was a beast, he was a rep 52 HL and told me it was his main and thanks, he appreciated it.

Like you said, good in the hands of real good players, useless in the hands of rookies.

The_B0G_
08-25-2018, 05:23 AM
His kick/grab is absurd and needs reworking.

Other than that he's a pretty cool hero, one of the best in terms of theme and aesthetic and fun to fight.... but the kick/grab guessing game is nonsense

His kick/grab combo is no different than wardens shoulder bash, besides the fact that its much harder to activate the kick/grab combo than the wardens shoulder bash... and the shoulder bash can be cancelled at any time.

Hormly
08-25-2018, 05:37 AM
His kick/grab combo is no different than wardens shoulder bash, besides the fact that its much harder to activate the kick/grab combo than the wardens shoulder bash... and the shoulder bash can be cancelled at any time.

A pretty big difference does exist, tell me what it is

The_B0G_
08-25-2018, 06:02 AM
A pretty big difference does exist, tell me what it is

Wardens mix up can be activated and cancelled at any time from neutral, HL has to hold heavy for a second just to engage offensive stance(or fast flow from an attack), in which he can't block or CGB, then he needs to kick, have you fall for it immediately and dodge and get a free GB.

Do you not see how easy it is with warden compared to HL? If you're going to sit and stare at HL, you're going to get your @ss kicked.

All warden needs to do is dodge and GB and boom, Shoulder bash+ double light attack, or zone... or cancel it and GB, orrrrr hold it and hammer him with a fully charged shoulder bash+top heavy.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-25-2018, 07:15 AM
I play shugoki mostly and Highlander is fine. Pain in ganks but his attacks are really slow.

Capoupacap
08-25-2018, 05:35 PM
I agree For Honor hero are way too OP