PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't this patched?

PepsiBeastin
08-24-2018, 02:09 AM
This is a very reproduceable event. Whether you call it a bug, glitch, or whatever, there is NO way this is intended behavior. In the same situation any other attack in the game would hit conqueror, yet shinobi's ranged heavy and guardbreak just go straight through him. You can't say its a matter of using it at the wrong time in the bash, since literally no other attacks just phase through him like this. If it was because of "dodge frames" or whatever, nobushi wouldn't be able to hidden stance through the bash then kick or light attack conqueror. At best, they'll trade with his hyperarmor and at least do damage.

https://youtu.be/qkErvqiaJl4

Armosias
08-24-2018, 11:18 AM
I see Conq playing a block animation then doing a kind of fast GB(probably caused by the servers). How is blocking a heavy not intended?

PepsiBeastin
08-24-2018, 01:07 PM
I see Conq playing a block animation then doing a kind of fast GB(probably caused by the servers). How is blocking a heavy not intended?

Listento the video, there is no blocking sound or visual effect. That was either a visual bug or movement from him trying to move is guard. Look at this one, its a bit faster, WAY before he'd be able to block.https://i.imgur.com/P3qWHpo.gif
Notice how it comes his left, but the bot's guard is right. NOT blocked. Also, this is training so you can't say this is lag.

Armosias
08-24-2018, 03:26 PM
I was calling the lag for the strangely fast GB. Yet with the arena it's clear that your heavy is not blocked at all. Could it be caused by your proximity with the Conq? Your arm goes through him maybe the heavy whiffs because it starts registering hits from shinobi's hand to max range, missing in case of extremely close range attacks like this?
There is clearly a bug here

PepsiBeastin
08-24-2018, 04:23 PM
I was calling the lag for the strangely fast GB. Yet with the arena it's clear that your heavy is not blocked at all. Could it be caused by your proximity with the Conq? Your arm goes through him maybe the heavy whiffs because it starts registering hits from shinobi's hand to max range, missing in case of extremely close range attacks like this?
There is clearly a bug here

From what I've seen distance doesn't matter, however I'd like to test this with a player in a custom duel and get it on recording to be sure.