PDA

View Full Version : The Invisible Imam

spazzoo1025
10-19-2007, 01:12 PM
noo this isn't a topic about when the book is coming out

So anyways, I'm currently learning about Southwest Asia in my World Geography class, and we just had to do a group project on one of the countries. By total coincidence, my group got Israel-which is where Jerusalem, and Acre are (for you not-smart people)
Damascus is in Syria

so I was looking at information about it, and I saw a book mentioned how the Muslim religion believes in the 12 Imams, or a sort of religious leader/kinda like a prophet in Christianity.

I asked my teacher about them, and he said that Muslims still wait for the 12th one, or Mahdi, who is believed to be the savior of mankind.

So thennnn, the first AC book is called the Invisible Imam, right. So I got to thinking, maybe "invisible" is supposed to be like an assassin, or someone very stealthy. And then maybe Altair is gonna be either the, or a descendant of, the 12th Imam, seeing as he's trying to bring the Holy Land together and stop all the Crusades n killing

so tell me what you think!

spazzoo1025
10-19-2007, 01:12 PM
noo this isn't a topic about when the book is coming out

So anyways, I'm currently learning about Southwest Asia in my World Geography class, and we just had to do a group project on one of the countries. By total coincidence, my group got Israel-which is where Jerusalem, and Acre are (for you not-smart people)
Damascus is in Syria

so I was looking at information about it, and I saw a book mentioned how the Muslim religion believes in the 12 Imams, or a sort of religious leader/kinda like a prophet in Christianity.

I asked my teacher about them, and he said that Muslims still wait for the 12th one, or Mahdi, who is believed to be the savior of mankind.

So thennnn, the first AC book is called the Invisible Imam, right. So I got to thinking, maybe "invisible" is supposed to be like an assassin, or someone very stealthy. And then maybe Altair is gonna be either the, or a descendant of, the 12th Imam, seeing as he's trying to bring the Holy Land together and stop all the Crusades n killing

so tell me what you think!

JGaSSaSSinS78
10-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Good idea. Even though its not too likely because it seems a little too deep for AC, but its still a good idea.

ScytheOfGrim
10-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Ha! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'm sorry spazz, but I can tell you from now that that is impossible. Impossible.

Ubi themselves are making sure that AC, and anything to do with AC, is not making a political statement. And the worst statement they could make, is one playing with a religion.

If this were right, the Ubi would have a lot of people willing to burn them down. So, nope, sorry spazz, but you're wrong! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

P.S. Only some "sects", or tribes, or whatever you wish to call them, believe in "ALMahdi". Some state that no, he doesn't exist and that it is all a misinterpretation, some say he does exist. None are right and none are wrong.

filthywalrus
10-19-2007, 01:42 PM
* He will be a descendant of Muhammad and the son of Fatima
* Will have a broad forehead and pointed nose
* Will return just before the end of the world
* His appearance will be preceded by a number of prophetic events during 3 years of horrendous world chaos, tyranny and oppression
* Will escape from Madina to Mekkah, thousands will pledge allegiance to him
* Will rule over the Arabs and the world for 7 years
* Will eradicate all tyranny and oppression bringing harmony and total peace
* Will lead a prayer in Mekkah which Jesus will be at his side and follow in

Taken from some website i found on Google. Altair does seem like he might have some of these characteristics, minus the ruling part and leading prayers at Mecca...

spazzoo1025
10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
Ha! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'm sorry spazz, but I can tell you from now that that is impossible. Impossible.

Ubi themselves are making sure that AC, and anything to do with AC, is not making a political statement. And the worst statement they could make, is one playing with a religion.

If this were right, the Ubi would have a lot of people willing to burn them down. So, nope, sorry spazz, but you're wrong! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

P.S. Only some "sects", or tribes, or whatever you wish to call them, believe in "ALMahdi". Some state that no, he doesn't exist and that it is all a misinterpretation, some say he does exist. None are right and none are wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol i tried....

ScytheOfGrim
10-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Once again, these are all guesses, and therefore none are true, until they happen (of course).

DemonikCrow666
10-19-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't think thats' how it's gonna go down. After the whole episode with Resistance: Fall of Man where the church sued the living **** out of the game company I don't think UbiSoft wants something that religious or something so Holy to others to be envisioned as an Hashashin. Even if it is totally badass.

Golani2007
10-19-2007, 01:50 PM
just fot the record...
Damsces is in Syria...not in Isreal

filthywalrus
10-19-2007, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DemonikCrow666:
I don't think thats' how it's gonna go down. After the whole episode with Resistance: Fall of Man where the church sued the living **** out of the game company I don't think UbiSoft wants something that religious or something so Holy to others to be envisioned as an Hashashin. Even if it is totally badass. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes a lot of sense actually. Considering how the Muslim world reacted when those drawings of Muhammad came out (I believe someone was actually drawn and quartered), I doubt they would be too happy about their "second coming" type guy being portrayed as an assassin.

Ammario
10-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Wasn't modern Israel called Palestine back in the day and Damascus is in Syria not Israel/Palestine.

filthywalrus
10-19-2007, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ammario:
Wasn't modern Israel called Palestine back in the day and Damascus is in Syria not Israel/Palestine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFAIK that whole area was called the Kingdom of Jerusalem (during the time period AC is set in), and was ruled by the Crusaders. (Richard the Lionheart etc)

AldirTheKnight
10-19-2007, 04:27 PM
and Guy d Lusignon

hey, Guy was a bad guy, I wonder if you have to kill him?

spazzoo1025
10-19-2007, 07:27 PM
k well im glad i gave every1 a topic they can use to crush my hopes and dreams...

lol jk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

yehonatan.roth
10-20-2007, 06:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">my group got Israel-which is where Jerusalem, Damascus, and Acre are (for you not-smart people)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for all us smart people... (iam sorry you pissed me off)
Acre is in israel its calld Akko is hebrew
Jerusalem Is in israel

but for all of us "Not Smart People" can probebley tell you its not in israel (i remembered its a capital of another contry but not witch)

so i went to wikipedia and look and behold i guess smart people all around the world can tell you that Damascus is acctually the capital of syria (oops us dumb people can really read two and a half words)

so don't call outher people dumb and then make a mistake your self!

(and i know my spelling sucks A** but i don't care this time...)

Thumper1980
10-20-2007, 06:39 AM
Dude I think it's the leader of the Assassins...

spazzoo1025
10-20-2007, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yehonatan.roth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">my group got Israel-which is where Jerusalem, Damascus, and Acre are (for you not-smart people)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for all us smart people... (iam sorry you pissed me off)
Acre is in israel its calld Akko is hebrew
Jerusalem Is in israel

but for all of us "Not Smart People" can probebley tell you its not in israel (i remembered its a capital of another contry but not witch)

so i went to wikipedia and look and behold i guess smart people all around the world can tell you that Damascus is acctually the capital of syria (oops us dumb people can really read two and a half words)

so don't call outher people dumb and then make a mistake your self!

(and i know my spelling sucks A** but i don't care this time...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow u just totally got on my *** for a little mistake that doesnt even affect this topic....congrats!

FableB
10-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Altair cannot be the invisible Imam whom certain sects of muslims are waiting for, because if he was, then that is a problem, because he died before he could bring peace to the land, or rule the land for 7 years, or have Jesus pray beside him...etc