PDA

View Full Version : Too much stutter - Help!

Goose_Green
11-01-2004, 03:56 AM
Great game, only 1 problem;

I don't undersatnd why my PC (and Hard Drive)goes into a spasm everytime there are more than 10 aircraft in the sky - even worse over land. I have turned down the video settings - but this doesn't seem to work!

I am running an AMD 64 Athlon 3200, ATI Radeaon 9800Pro, 512Mb RAM surely this is spec is enough!

Any tips to boost performance would be appreciated - 'cos this game will end up being sold if I don't get any joy with performance!

Goose_Green
11-01-2004, 03:56 AM

I don't undersatnd why my PC (and Hard Drive)goes into a spasm everytime there are more than 10 aircraft in the sky - even worse over land. I have turned down the video settings - but this doesn't seem to work!

I am running an AMD 64 Athlon 3200, ATI Radeaon 9800Pro, 512Mb RAM surely this is spec is enough!

Any tips to boost performance would be appreciated - 'cos this game will end up being sold if I don't get any joy with performance!

PF_Coastie
11-01-2004, 04:20 AM
You need more ram!

Having 512 ram in that rig is like putting a 5gal fuel tank on a Dodge Hemi! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Post your Dxdiag so we can have a looksie if anything else may be amiss.

Goose_Green
11-01-2004, 05:01 AM
Thanks, I've had feeling I would need more RAM as the Hard Drive goes mental during some missions (when there's loads of other stuff in the air!)

How do I post my dxdiag?

beepboop
11-01-2004, 05:43 AM
You tried that Sun Java thing? Worked a charm for me. No more stuttering now.

Goose_Green
11-01-2004, 06:18 AM
What is the Sun Java Thing? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

VW-IceFire
11-01-2004, 06:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goose_Green:

Any tips to boost performance would be appreciated - 'cos this game will end up being sold if I don't get any joy with performance! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you running a dynamic or a static page file? I have a lower system spec and I don't get the hard drive thrashing except for online in some poorly managed servers.

For stuff on how to optimize your OS try this guide: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html

The extra RAM is a definate advantage...I'm going to be buying more when time/money/price permits but in the meantime there's other things to do.

fordfan25
11-01-2004, 07:20 AM
yea like others have said you realy need at least 1gig of ram. this game in campaigns throw alot more at your pc. how ever that may not be you real problem alot of peopl are geting a high rate of stutter and low fps for no good resone. hopefully what even the problem is it will get fixed in the upcomeing patch