PDA

View Full Version : Can you unlock items in-game?

Takat023
08-22-2018, 06:06 PM
Hi,

I have a question about Starlink as I have an interest in the Switch version currently, however it could change depending on what response I get I suppose.

I understand that as a toys to life game you can get new pilots, ships and weapons by purchasing the physical toys or digital packs, but can you unlock these whilst playing the game without needing to buy the parts or not out of interest please? (Most importantly the weapons.) I would feel fine with purchasing the Switch starter pack because of the Arwing model, but I don't know if you can get away with completing the game with the default weapons and such in the starter pack please?

Hopefully you can help with this query.

Kind Regards,
Anthony.

Ubi-Lucipus
08-24-2018, 12:06 PM
You CAN play the entire game with only the content of the starter pack. However, the more pieces you have in your collections, the more options you have at your disposal to creatively solve challenges in the game.

Takat023
08-25-2018, 09:45 AM
Ok, so I can just play with the parts given in the starter pack, fair enough.

However, you've not really answered my question. Can you unlock weapons and such whilst playing the game normally or is the only way to obtain them to purchase the physical toys or digitally via microtransactions please?

neilvbell
08-31-2018, 02:42 PM
From what I have seen (watching in-game videos) there are loads of mods for everything that you get as rewards during the game. However, the ships, pilots and weapons themselves have to be purchased. However, they constantly emphasize that none of these are required to compelte the game and just add to the flavour (plus having an extra ship sort of gives you an extra life since you can swap in a ship). I plan to get the starter pack plus initially one other ship of a totally different type (the Zenith is almost and all-rounder so a good default ship) and maybe a weapon pack or two (to get a good mix of weapon types for elemental combos). I will gradually add others for fun if I feel like it. ;)

Toothsaw
10-16-2018, 08:47 AM
Unfortunately you canít get the physical Zenith ship unless you buy the PS4 or XBO starter pack, so that ship is not a really viable option for Switch players. Itís not sold separately at the moment, though ubisoft said theyíre considering the possibility. You already have it digitally unlocked with the Switch starter pack, though, so itís not that bad.
If you want a different-class ship, go for the Neptune or Nadir for the heavy type, or the Lance/Cerberus for a medium type. The Pulse is a light ship like the Zenith and the Arwing.
Iíd also suggest linking the game to your Ubi Club account. Thereís a free reward in the form of an uncommon ship mod that adds 30 defense and gives a 10% chance of reflecting damage. Itís a fairly good starting mod for enhancing survivability during the first few hours.

Totalnerd
10-21-2018, 02:20 PM
The Digital Deluxe Edition of the game includes ALL ships, weapons, and pilots for only $5 more then the cost of the physical starter pack. If you want the ability to play with everything currently available for purchase without paying extra that is the way to go!

Celoxamortis
10-21-2018, 02:58 PM
The Digital Deluxe Edition of the game includes ALL ships, weapons, and pilots for only $5 more then the cost of the physical starter pack. If you want the ability to play with everything currently available for purchase without paying extra that is the way to go!

Just want to add a clarification to your post that Digital Deluxe doesn't include "everything currently available for purchase". I thought it did as well but there's the two retailer exclusive ships, Cerberus and Scramble, with the latter including an exclusive weapon (the Fury Cannon). Those are not included in the Digital Deluxe. In the case of Cerberus and Lance, they're more than just palette swaps as Cerberus has distinctly different stats (base Cerberus has significantly better handling and more energy than Lance's base stats, as per the Starlink shipbuilder page).

That said, for overall value, Digital Deluxe is the way to go and I hope they address the oversight with not allowing digital purchasers the ability to add Cerberus and Scramble via a digital unlock included with the physical purchase sometime in the future.