PDA

View Full Version : Free starter on steam confirmed 22-27 aug

voiddp
08-21-2018, 02:05 PM
here from Pope
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9926wo/is_the_game_free_on_steam_until_the_27th_of_august/e4kcs98/

Not sure when Steam updates but yes the starter edition is supposed to be free from Aug 22-27 :)

here in news
https://news.ubisoft.com/article/new-arcade-mode-coming-to-for-honor-marching-fire

And, if you want to start preparing for Marching Fire now, you can pick up the Starter Edition of For Honor for free on Steam from August 22 to August 27

Pincopallino097
08-21-2018, 02:20 PM
I have it on uplay, what happens if I redeem on steam too? can I play from both platforms using the same progress I have now? @UbiJurassic

voiddp
08-21-2018, 02:33 PM
it should happen like this. Its two overlays game from steam, so.
Install it on steam, launch, and then it will need to use Ubi overlay to launch the game. It will ask you to login if your are not already. And then will ask you to link accounts. If you link your UBI progress will carry onto steam version too.

Or you can make other UBI account and link steam with that one, will be new game then.
Usual answers on this question about having starter on Ubi and buying game from steam and migration, were like this. ^

Red_dawn87
08-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Steam Store page refreshes every day between 10:30-11:30am PST .

Red_dawn87
08-21-2018, 02:58 PM
I have it on uplay, what happens if I redeem on steam too? can I play from both platforms using the same progress I have now? @UbiJurassic

It will show 2 game icon in your Uplay which you can install both 1 will start/connect to Uplay servers to download the other will connect to Steam server to download thats it apart from that when you start the game you will connect to uplay-ubi servers to play. Progress will be the same since your game is account bound Free or paid since you already play it , only new progression as @vioddp said by making a new uplay account.

i did the vice versa bought the game on steam (Standard Edition) and added For honor on Uplay when it was Free on Uplay so now i play the game directly and not through steam. But you will have to download the whole game again.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/449088004926210061/481463703779147786/FH.jpg

FredEx919
08-21-2018, 03:24 PM

Your progress is account based so I'm not sure there's much reason to use both if you're already playing on one unless you're switching or just planning on creating a new account.

Pincopallino097
08-21-2018, 03:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the answers :) all clear :)

Xil_h
08-22-2018, 05:33 PM
I don't see any free starter edition... Is it because I already own the game?
I have a mate who wants to use this offer

Silent_Rosier
08-23-2018, 08:26 AM
It will show 2 game icon in your Uplay which you can install both 1 will start/connect to Uplay servers to download the other will connect to Steam server to download thats it apart from that when you start the game you will connect to uplay-ubi servers to play. Progress will be the same since your game is account bound Free or paid since you already play it , only new progression as @vioddp said by making a new uplay account.

i did the vice versa bought the game on steam (Standard Edition) and added For honor on Uplay when it was Free on Uplay so now i play the game directly and not through steam. But you will have to download the whole game again.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/449088004926210061/481463703779147786/FH.jpg

Your progress is account based so I'm not sure there's much reason to use both if you're already playing on one unless you're switching or just planning on creating a new account.

does it means...
If we play the UPlay version, the Steam version wouldn't show status that we play FH and vice versa..???
but we still play the same FH account, right..???