PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Why does conqueror exist if his main function doesnít work?

StoneMortem
08-21-2018, 03:11 AM
Iím not saying Iím the best or even a good player but something has had me pissed off beyond belief. I donít know when or why it started happening but as a Conqueror main, Iíve been experiencing frustration with the ďfull block stanceĒ mechanic. Assuming this hasnít been addressed or that Iím just flat out dumb and Iím doing something wrong, after holding back on the right stick to initiate full block stance, the chances of the shield actually blocking the attack are closer to 33%. I have various videos recorded showing this nonsense where, In no change to the direction of the joystick, conqueror will appear to briefly put down his shield only to put it up again every now and then which I assume causes this ďbugĒ.
Some instances, no change to the animation will occur but the hit box to block will no longer be present for the duration of time that I am hit. Even after successfully baiting and attempting to punish a heavy attack, I am punished for trying to use a feature of the character? I know that Ubisoft could easily look at my account and say that Iím just bad at the game due to my stats but not realize that this is among many reasons that I have been beaten in what should be a fair if not easy matchup but lose due to this bug. Again, I will state that I donít know if Iím self consciously doing something wrong as I have observed that hitting an attack while in full block stance will cause the ďnot blockingĒ crest and the animation to stutter briefly before conqueror returns to the full lock stance. I just want to know that someone sees this because itís severely affecting my experience with the game and is pushing my salt to unrivaled quantities.

Haplo_Bane
08-21-2018, 08:28 AM
Don't worry, it's not you. The game is riddled with invisible lag. What you see on your screen and what they see on theirs are different. The person with the most lag has priority. They have to do this because 90% of their player base lag. It's the only game in existence where having bad internet connection gives you a massive advantage. Which is why the consoles have the most players. They know this. If they fixed it now the game would die completely. It won't ever be fixed. So your options are 1> get used it 2> play a different game. Bring Back Team Shuffle

ChampionRuby50g
08-21-2018, 08:57 AM
I read that as ďso your options are...bring back team shuffleĒ

Damn I wish he could bring back team shuffle.

RexXZ347
08-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Don't worry, it's not you. The game is riddled with invisible lag. What you see on your screen and what they see on theirs are different. The person with the most lag has priority. They have to do this because 90% of their player base lag. It's the only game in existence where having bad internet connection gives you a massive advantage. Which is why the consoles have the most players. They know this. If they fixed it now the game would die completely. It won't ever be fixed. So your options are 1> get used it 2> play a different game. Bring Back Team Shuffle

nope, console also experience this. I just started a thread where i'm very frustrated with the connectivity issue. As i have said also, people with bad internet have the advantage. People with good internet are the ones that suffer. It is mostly happening on season 7.

Armosias
08-21-2018, 09:19 AM
Only game in existence? You haven't been playing Rainbow Six Siege then because it also gives advantage to the lagging player. And this is just the first game that came to my mind, I'm pretty sure that it's a common issue in multiplayer games

Haplo_Bane
08-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Aaaahh, you misunderstood me. I meant that consoles has more lag than the pc. Which is why the console has more players. If you have 100-200 latency on console (quite common) you are unbeatable. It's pointless fighting them.

Haplo_Bane
08-21-2018, 09:43 AM
No, I haven't played R6. I've stopped buying ubiSOFT games a long time ago. Even before For Honor ubiSOFT have been earning a bad reputation for multi-player games. I used to LOVE assassins creed, but the reviews I read about the first multi-player creed put a stop to that. I haven't read a good reviews about any of their multi-player games since.I didn't even know they were classified as a AAA gaming company. I thought they were indie. I still do. So R6 is the same deal then. Well it looks like ubiSOFT has found their niche then. Even after knowing how bad ubiSOFT were at multi-player games I still bought For Honor because this kind of game is right up my alley. But when I played it, I was like ' Holy t*tty f**king zombie jesus'. Does any one remember how bad it was at the start with their "advanced peer to peer" servers. It was almost criminaly bad. But yea, a year and a half later and with dedicated servers they still can't get their sh*t together. It's just plain pathetic. Bring Back Team Shuffle

Haplo_Bane
08-21-2018, 09:52 AM
Not a common issue for me in other pvp games. Star wars battlefront 2,40 in a lobby,bullets,nades,planes and powers flying all the place: no lag. Warframe pvp; no lag. Battefield games; no lag. Even Hawken (a free game,NOT EVEN REGION LOCKED),no lag. Injustice 2, no lag. Rocket leage, no lag. DragonBall xenoverse, no lag. Mortal Kombat X, no lag. GTA 5, no lag. Probably more, but I'm bored with this now. Bring back Team Shuffle

RexXZ347
08-21-2018, 01:54 PM
Aaaahh, you misunderstood me. I meant that consoles has more lag than the pc. Which is why the console has more players. If you have 100-200 latency on console (quite common) you are unbeatable. It's pointless fighting them.

Omg. People with more than 100 latency in pvp is a nightmare to deal with. You are like fighting a super saiyan with teleportation technique attacks.

Capoupacap
08-21-2018, 02:19 PM
Before considering Lag or Xbox1 30fps situation, are you sure you use the full block stance properly ?

The full block stance has a time activation (400ms ?) witch make him tricky to activate for blocking ( a better option is the heavy block during preparation of hit). On PC (60fps), activate on light is barely possible but it can be at the very beginning of an heavy attack. I use it as a feint for heavy for punishing and work quite well.

At my opinion on console (i was a FH console player still a few month ago), because of the 30FPS, full block stance is much more difficult to activate safely. I would only recommend it as a heavy feint.

hope that help