PDA

View Full Version : Changes to team-based quickchat

ChampionRuby50g
08-20-2018, 10:07 AM
With these last round of orders been all about getting revives, it really frustrated me running to a dead ally only too have them respawn instead of letting me revive them. Obviously they aren’t doing this to spite me, probably just didn’t know I was coming, but something that would greatly help the game would be if instead of the “OK!” “GO” quickchat options, we could instead have something replace them like “I’ll get your revive!” “I’ll revive you!”. These are a lot more team oriented than what we have, and promotes players sticking together as once you revive them, they are on half health and will need support until they get healed up.

Thoughts?

Chobbsy99
08-20-2018, 01:13 PM
I'd love anything more to communicate with teammates. Maybe the option to customise quick chat in settings?

Klingentaenz3r
08-20-2018, 02:07 PM
I suggested similiar improvements for the team chat communication for the new game mode breach as letting team mates know that you are on your way to revive them and potentially prevent them from wasting a ticket is going to be crucial. In dominion it would be of course a nice addition as well and I was hoping they would follow these suggestion and overhaul the quick chat possibilities with some universal usable but also with more game mode specific commands.

btw I don't know how it is with you, but in tribute I usually have no idea which shrine is which within the quick chat command menu. So I usually end up random select until I get the one I want to be attacked/defended.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-20-2018, 05:25 PM
Completely agree. Current options are very limited and mostly used in toxic way. We really need new communication options and I am not sure why we don't have a regular chat were we could save our own quick chat options we mostly use.

No one is using mic, so Breach in that state and Rambo tryhard mentality will be complete disaster for anyone except for pre made teams. As a lone wolf, I would much appreciate better communication options when it comes to chat.

ChampionRuby50g
08-21-2018, 02:06 AM
Didn’t even think about breach when posting this, but you’ve all made good points about it and I 100% agree. Been able to customise your own team chat could be a good idea too.

Klingentaenz3r
08-21-2018, 10:44 AM
yeah in breach you have quite a few additional tasks compared to other game modes you might want to get your team's attention on.

Tribute could use sth like

"Hold them off" / "I hold them off"
"Going to play a decoy -> get their shrines"
"Distract them"

As I see often mates not being able to launch effective, coordinated or at least goal orientated counter attacks once one team has most or all blessings.

Dominion might have a use for a command like
"capture a free zone" as it is hard to name a free zone once you're dead and often players don't realize that instead of throwing themselves into the enemy team it is best to circle around to a free zone to get the points under the 1000 meter once again.

Haplo_Bane
08-21-2018, 12:27 PM
It's a brilliant idea. Can't wait 'till the moderators 'pass it on' to the devs so they can ignore it.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-21-2018, 06:33 PM
Don't worry, devs are working on more important things. They are developing rip off system of perks which will include Green Lantern type of crazy xhit ,while still charging steel for gear upgrade. Excellent business plan.

Who cares that playing vs humans still seems like playing vs bots because of lack of communication options.