PDA

View Full Version : Want/need advice (vs Conquerer)

NikolajSlav
08-19-2018, 03:03 AM
As a Warlord main im a heavy,
Heavys cannot dodge + GB after conqs shield bash = I cant punish it.

I keep running out of stamina, and I eventually get grinded down.

Im scared of getting my lights parried, so I dont trow too many out. My headbut gets punished by a GB + counter attack.

How do I win this match up consistantly against a spammer? Is my only chance to Ledgelord him or is there a legit strat I can use to grind him down to dust?

Warlord has less stamina

Warlord has far less range

Warlord has the far weaker full guard + punish

Warlord has less damage

AND THE SAME AMOUNT OF HP

I cant feint a headbutt, I cant feint a leap, I cant do mix up because I only have L H / H L combos on the basic side?

DefiledDragon
08-19-2018, 03:07 AM
I don't know what to tell you, other than what you already know. You would need a battalion of mice to cope with Conquerors cheese. I'm surprised he doesn't come with a dairy warning tbh.

Hormly
08-19-2018, 03:59 AM
As a wl there's really no strategy to use on a conq. He's better than you in every way and will simple SB you for eternity knowing you can't punish it.

In team fights just turtle and wait for backup. In duels.... just hope he's terrible

NikolajSlav
08-19-2018, 05:06 PM
The reason there isnt a good response in this thread. Is because there is no such thing as a solid strat against Conq.
You CANNOT win with a Lawbringer or Warlord against a conqurer.

Meanpie13
08-19-2018, 06:06 PM
Sadly, Conquerer is in a completely broken state right now and most of the other characters can't do anything to beat him. His shield bash is redicoulsy strong. In 4 vs 4, when he gets his feits it's basically impossible to beat him in a 1 vs 1.

UrielManX7
08-19-2018, 06:21 PM
Here's what you do:
-Go to your game library
-Right click For Honor
-Click Uninstall For Honor
-Go play ANY other fighting game
-Come back in 2025 when the game is balanced, or play the new, improved For honor other company made, whatever happens first.
-Find your Warlord equivalent and start playing.
-Profit.

NikolajSlav
08-19-2018, 06:25 PM
Here's what you do:
-Go to your game library
-Right click For Honor
-Come back in 2025 when the game is balanced, or play the new, improved For honor other company made, whatever happens first.
-Profit.

I will. Thanks mate.

Hormly
08-19-2018, 08:53 PM
Here's what you do:
-Go to your game library
-Right click For Honor
-Profit.

Only thing keeping me in for honor is SF5 and tekken7 have both abandoned my mains

ArchDukeInstinct
08-20-2018, 01:09 AM
As a Warlord main im a heavy,
Heavys cannot dodge + GB after conqs shield bash = I cant punish it.

Wrong. All classes have 600ms side dodge recoveries, which is enough to catch Conqueror in a GB if you react fast enough. Warlord mains just lie like crazy.

Im scared of getting my lights parried, so I dont trow too many out

Well that just isn't fair. Warlord lights should be invulnerable to parries i guess.

How do I win this match up consistantly against a spammer? Is my only chance to Ledgelord him or is there a legit strat I can use to grind him down to dust?

What a typically Warlord way to think. Either it's gotta be an easy instant ledge kill or easy head butt spam to "grind" them down.

Warlord has less stamina

Wrong again. They both have 120 stamina, which is the standard.

Warlord has less damage

Wrong yet again. All Conqueror lights are 13 damage. Warlord has much more variation in their lights but the minimum damage is 13 which is their base side light. Top lights do a whopping 17 damage and their combo lights do more than 13 as well. So basically the only time Warlord is doing the same damage with their lights is their faster base side lights. omg cry me a river, Warlords.

As for heavies, they both have a minimum of 25. Conqueror can do up to 33 damage with his top heavy. Warlord's max is 30. Conqueror's zone attack does 10 damage the first hit and 5 damage each subsequent while warlord's have 25 damage with theirs.

Warlord gets 25 damage on heavy parries with a zone attack while Conqueror gets a pitiful 13 damage light. Yea those poor Warlords are just getting totally outclassed on damage.

Warlord has the far weaker full guard + punish

But on the contrast he also gets superior block lights, hyperarmor on heavies, being able to feign heavies regularly, a superior OOS pressure 50/50 between guard break and his charge that are equally as damaging, and lets not forget a free win anytime he guard breaks the opponent in any place that vaguely has a ledge or other hazard nearby.

This is just yet another Warlord pity party full of misinformation thinly veiled as a request to get help. It isn't what they thought was the good ol' days of For Honor in S1-S3 anymore. Warlord was top dog with his full block stance where he could still counter guard break from, an even LONGER throw distance than now, INSANELY FAST dodge recoveries, and so much more. Now he's *only* better than average and Warlords can't handle it.

Even worse, a class that was C tier for all of year 1 gets some of the spotlight now because they gave him some things Warlords already have and now suddenly it's just so unfair.

The entitlement is truly remarkable.

Jastorm187
08-20-2018, 04:55 AM
@ArchDuke. There is no need to be a pompous *** to someone looking for help/advice. Correcting wrong information and misinformation is great but assuming the OP is lying to get his way is ridiculous especially because he didnt ask for a buff, they asked for strategy and advice!
The end of this message shows how much of a ******* you are that even when the OP has a legit point you just rifle off the move list and dont even compare it to Conq, you are just trying to prove a point that doesnt exist.

Your assumptions at the end are staggeringly moronic and assuming so much. The OP joined Jan 2018, that is 4 months after season 3 ended so assuming he whines for the return of an OP Warlord is asinine. Then comparing it and you crying about how conq was awful in the same time line has absolutely no bearing on the reality of now and what the OP is discussing. How does S1-3 have any bearing on the game as it is now.
Reality, conq is the top class in the game for 1v1 right now and everyone knows it and here you are defending that warlords should be quiet and are competitively fine.. Let me do an assumption and say you are a conq main that is still butt hurt fromS1-3 era and hold some grudge and are in fear of the return of a strong warlord.

How about this, offer advice, offer stats and numbers, be constructive... But keep your pompous *** attitude to yourself.

NikolajSlav
08-20-2018, 05:01 AM
@ArchDuke. There is no need to be a pompous *** to someone looking for help/advice. Correcting wrong information and misinformation is great but assuming the OP is lying to get his way is ridiculous especially because he didnt ask for a buff, they asked for strategy and advice!
The end of this message shows how much of a ******* you are that even when the OP has a legit point you just rifle off the move list and dont even compare it to Conq, you are just trying to prove a point that doesnt exist.

Your assumptions at the end are staggeringly moronic and assuming so much. The OP joined Jan 2018, that is 4 months after season 3 ended so assuming he whines for the return of an OP Warlord is asinine. Then comparing it and you crying about how conq was awful in the same time line has absolutely no bearing on the reality of now and what the OP is discussing. How does S1-3 have any bearing on the game as it is now.
Reality, conq is the top class in the game for 1v1 right now and everyone knows it and here you are defending that warlords should be quiet and are competitively fine.. Let me do an assumption and say you are a conq main that is still butt hurt fromS1-3 era and hold some grudge and are in fear of the return of a strong warlord.

How about this, offer advice, offer stats and numbers, be constructive... But keep your pompous *** attitude to yourself.

Thank you so much for backing me up.
I have 200 hours in the game, yes but all of it is self taught. I had no structed training and no one ever told me how to fight againg conq.
It seems like he is unpunishable to me, and im just looking for ways to win in the current meta as it exists now without buffs or nerfs.

ArchDukeInstinct
08-20-2018, 07:19 AM
@ArchDuke. There is no need to be a pompous *** to someone looking for help/advice.

There is no need to be upset either.

Correcting wrong information and misinformation is great but assuming the OP is lying to get his way is ridiculous especially because he didnt ask for a buff, they asked for strategy and advice!

I didn't say OP lied, I said Warlord mains lie which is a fact with regards to whether or not Warlords can counter a Conqueror's shield bash. Despite being told repeatedly on these forums throughout 2018 that classes with a side dodge recovery of 600ms can guard break after a side dodge, they continue to pretend there's just nothing that a poor ol Warlord can do and Conqueror can just repeatedly shield bash with no consequence.

Maybe OP wouldn't be so misguided if Warlords told the truth once in a blue moon.

Here's Exhibit A to Warlord mains lying. My post clearly compared numerous stats and situations between the two classes and yet this guy still says I didn't compare Warlord to Conqueror.

Your assumptions at the end are staggeringly moronic and assuming so much. The OP joined Jan 2018, that is 4 months after season 3 ended so assuming he whines for the return of an OP Warlord is asinine.

Sounds to me like you're assuming that OP joined this forum at the same time that he started playing this game. How very inconsistent of you.

Then comparing it and you crying about how conq was awful in the same time line has absolutely no bearing on the reality of now and what the OP is discussing. How does S1-3 have any bearing on the game as it is now.

You're correct S1 - S3 has nothing to do with the current state of this game, and as such I didn't point it out to disagree with a proposed change to the current game or anything like that. Instead I point it out to give people some background on why Warlords tend to act the way they do and how it's actually quite hilarious when you really think about it.

See, this is why Warlords are really just Borelords, this guy's only retort is just to take what I said about Warlords and try (and fail) to turn it around on me. Of course staying true to the Warlord way, they added in a few lies before sending it off.

For instance, I never said Warlords should be quiet. In fact I encourage Warlords to talk on these forums even more because very lol worthy moments such as this one can occur more often.

While you are correct that I am a Conqueror main, I don't hold a grudge or fear Warlords getting strong again (they are fine already). I was able to handle maining a C Tier class for a year, and find it hilarious Warlords can't bear it even though they're still better than the vast majority of classes in this game.

I did, I clearly informed the OP that GB after side dodge does work. I can tell you with certainty that shield bash(both forms), shield crush, and shield uppercut can all be countered with side dodge into guard break with ALL classes if you react quickly enough.