PDA

View Full Version : Warlord rework

ONYX_x5
08-19-2018, 01:53 AM
Give him a unblockable, has to be parried. Give him just a touch better dodge not to much, he's fat. Increase lights and heavy damage 2 or 3 points each. Give a little faster recovery from hits. Iron chin type thing. And he is good.

NikolajSlav
08-19-2018, 02:57 AM
Warlord:
Heavy (moves slow, can't punish Conq shield bash or some simillar things because UBI = Conq is an insta loss)
0 Soft feints
1 Hard feint (normal heavy)
0 unblockables
Weak parry punish
Weak offence (headbutt does 12 while risking 30 or 40)
Garbage ultra short range
Non existant mixups
Decent Out of stamina punish

He atm is the second weakest character in the game in terms of duels.
He is almost compleatly depandant on ledges.

ONYX_x5
08-19-2018, 02:38 PM
Keep him dependent on the ledge. Keep him a tushhog. Not everybody should be dependant on the side dodge attack or the knock down stun free shots. Make him a touch tougher but keep him the king of the ledge.

NikolajSlav
08-20-2018, 12:09 AM
Keep him dependent on the ledge. Keep him a tushhog. Not everybody should be dependant on the side dodge attack or the knock down stun free shots. Make him a touch tougher but keep him the king of the ledge.

HELL NO. He is depandant on ledges now and it means he CANNOT win against anyone without a ledge asuming same skill.

No feints, no hard feints, no specials.

No mix ups at all.

He is shugoki with ledging instead of hyper armor.

Meanpie13
08-20-2018, 12:41 AM
Most people say Warlord is a solid A character and I cannot figure out why. Headbutt is literally the only way you can land an offensive attack if your opponent is even halfway paying attention; it isn't good enough to win a match and in 4 vs 4 all it does is feed revenge. I here about his great OOS punish and I think, "Where are you finding all these people who can't react to that? You can see it coming a mile away." He has no mixups at all. His full gaurd is almost completely useless. His hyper armor starts up so late in the heavy attack that you have to throw out a heavy at hope that your opponent is also throwing out a heavy at the same time because most light attacks will just interrupt it. Plus his damage is so low the trade isn't in your favor anyway.

Hormly
08-20-2018, 05:05 AM
0 unblockables

Explain?

Jastorm187
08-20-2018, 05:18 AM
Bring your advice here. :-)

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889205-How-to-fix-Warlord

Great constructive thread with some great advice. Hoping to keep this thread going in hopes it gets noticed.

NikolajSlav
08-20-2018, 05:30 AM
Explain?

He doesnt have an unblockable atack, unlike kensei, raider, highlander who all do.
He is a heavy and he doesnt have one. That is crazy.

Hormly
08-20-2018, 06:12 AM
He doesnt have an unblockable atack, unlike kensei, raider, highlander who all do.
He is a heavy and he doesnt have one. That is crazy.

Besides his headbutt?

NikolajSlav
08-20-2018, 07:11 AM
Besides his headbutt?

I meant stuff that does heavy damage. Like highlanders charged heavy or shugokis charged heavy.