PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Dominion

skinnoobFH
08-16-2018, 07:57 PM
Worst gamemode I've ever played by far, flames remove half of my health upon entering a challenged point seeing as I'm an assassin with bad debuff (if that even matters) This leaves me no choice to be either useless and die or to just be useless. The A,B,C points dont heal making me unable to heal my fire damage or any damage taken at all..... This is basically just a terrible version of the original dominion. Opinions?

David_gorda
08-16-2018, 08:17 PM
You can heal if you Kill minions on B point. I suppose its good that if you try to gank an already contested zone you take damage is kinda cool so People dont gank so much. No gearscores or stupid feats either. I think its pretty good.

skinnoobFH
08-16-2018, 08:34 PM
Yeah I just noticed killing the minions heals you, that makes it alot better for me.

Illyrian_King
08-16-2018, 08:47 PM
It is a nice new touch!

I like it how the minions deal more damage, which in my opinion can remain this way even in regular dominion, except of the heal after kill. The should simply be stronger.

That's one of the main reasons, I am so hyped about the Breach Mode. Stronger minions that can actually help and can be used as real soldiers. No cannon fodder.

From what I have seen in the videos, they deal a whole lot more damage then the inferno minions, but that's all fine, because in Breach there are only a hand full of them on the side lanes. And in the middle they seem to target the ram and other minions first, if I didn't get anything wrong.

In Inferno there are much more so they deal less damage. But still more then this 1HP trash we have in actual Dominion.

Helnekromancer
08-16-2018, 11:25 PM
I really like Inferno Dominion, they took alot of the issues players had about Regular Dominion and put it in here.

Want to make the game more obj based? Make holding area give +4.

Remove feats, and gear stats.

Minions heal you by a lot and deal more damage, meaning players can not ignore that flag and it will always be a contested.

When you capture a point and someone comes to contest that point that area is blocked by fire. Meaning if people want to gank these 2 people inside the fire pit, they are getting half their health taken away. People might as well just wait since the flag doesn't heal anymore, meaning if he doesn't execute the guy, he is weak.

This is a great way to slow down ganking, and it would make players fight on points instead of being out in the open. Now having a flag capped means something in this game and it actually gives you a in game advantage.

No more getting Catapulted/Spear Storm/Fire Bomb when teams are breaking which is a breathe of fresh air. Can play my Samurais without feeling like a detriment to my team.

DefiledDragon
08-17-2018, 01:32 AM
I like it a lot too. I was going to say I would like regular dominion to be like this but without the flames. Now I know the flames are there to deter ganking, I would like regular dominion to be like this period. Feels a lot more like an objective based game. Still loads of "deathballs" around, but just standing in a captured zone makes up for the "deathball" having both other zones. I reckon they should keep it.

UbiJurassic
08-17-2018, 01:55 AM
Glad to hear most of you are enjoying the new event mode! I'll certainly make sure to pass along the feedback to the rest of the team. :)

voiddp
08-17-2018, 02:02 AM
Good idea but bad choice of maps.
Overwatch and Bridge are the two of the most gank friendly maps. I really don't like to play them. Deathballs and deathballs every time
So when I really like ideas behind infernal dominion. Boosted locked points and heal on minions. But I just stopped, because It was fun for me to play only one stronghold map, and it got boring after few repeats. And still overwatch and bridge happen too often to my liking so... I'll pass for now.

chukblok
08-17-2018, 03:17 AM
Ubi is listening. I'm liking it. Accept I was disconnected 4 times in a row. I'm thinking its issue on my end.
Anyways good work :).
But can the raider get more black axes.....?? Please

Sovengardian
08-18-2018, 02:42 AM
Glad to hear most of you are enjoying the new event mode! I'll certainly make sure to pass along the feedback to the rest of the team. :)

Its really great to have a no-gear-stats dominion option where we can play our low rep heroes in a fair setting. All around i found the event to be greatly enjoyable, good work!

NHLGoldenKnight
08-18-2018, 03:22 AM
Wouldn't call it fair. Swing twice with Lawbringer and you will be exhausted for next 15 sec, good luck surviving flying Shamans and Centurions. I appreciate having possibility to build my own stats based on my aggressive play style.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-18-2018, 03:30 AM
I haven't played this game mode yet but it sounds great. Really like the idea of the flames and not healing on zones. A tip of the proverbial hat to the honor system without shoving it down people's throat.

MarshalMoriarty
08-18-2018, 04:41 AM
I agree with NHL on the gear stats issue. Its extremely punishing to the heavier classes to lose gear stat stamina management. You're practically forcing us to turtle.

IMO this is a great idea but in the wrong mode. Put it in Elimination. Everyone is gated in by fire but killing your opponent kills that area's flames and gives flame immunity to enter another pair's area.

Lord_Cherubi
08-18-2018, 10:49 AM
Imo this is propably what the actual Doninion should be like or at least it's very close. Just add in gear stats and passive feats so people can still buikd their own playstyle.

Too bad the map pool is so tiny, otherwise i wouls propably play nothing but this until the event is over.

AramenThePiper
08-18-2018, 02:11 PM
This is what Dominion should have been in the first place.
Now it finally feels like a mode with objectives, since boosting the zones is now required to win the match.

LeriiSuitedUp
08-18-2018, 02:48 PM
I personally despise this new dominion. It does nothing to stop or slow ganks when you're trying to come to a point to even out a gank but you're blocked by fire. It just slows down and locks you out of a point when you might be really needed for a fight, which usually leads to your team dying and you left to deal with the remaining gank squad. It's littered with Conqs and Wardens who just spam bashes to knock you into holes and get free damage. Terrible, don't assume most of us like it, Ubi. Only doing it for the effects and then I'm bailing on this terrible mode.

Helnekromancer
08-18-2018, 03:40 PM
Yes poor choice of maps, could have picked the much bigger maps, but I'm fine with it.

Games are much closer now that all the broken bull crap is taken out of the game.

Don't know how many times I fought a Centurion and he threw his stupid stun projectile feat at me close range, and gets a free combo that nearly 100-0 me.

I would much rather play this mode than regular dominion, tired of being cheesed by feats.

IRostiI
08-18-2018, 06:47 PM
Wouldn't call it fair. Swing twice with Lawbringer and you will be exhausted for next 15 sec, good luck surviving flying Shamans and Centurions. I appreciate having possibility to build my own stats based on my aggressive play style.

Oh, come on. Everybody know that the "build my own stats based on..." doesn't exist.
Almost everybody use the same build, depend from the meta.

Honestly, when i read "i can't build my own stats" it's like read "i don't want to manage stamina, i just want to spam feints/bash/vortex, i want to go in revenge after two hit" and so on.

Dominion without equipment stats and feats (my god, seriously, no bomb/trap spam, no catapult, no kiai, no stupid feats, it's just amazing) is far way better.

The next step is prevent people to have 2x/3x/4x of the same warrior in the same team (like 2 centurion/kensei/whatever in the same team).

Sorry for my english.

Tyrfing_.
08-18-2018, 07:30 PM
Dont like it myself.
I am ok with the flames and the healing by killing minions, but I miss the feats. The bring some spice to the game.
Sure, some need adjustments, but in general they are fun.

The_B0G_
08-18-2018, 08:55 PM
I don't like it, I found it encouraged deathballing more than normal dom. If your teammate is being attacked by 3 people, you can't help,you lose 2 bars of health before you even start the fight; which you are still going to be outnumbered for.

Also only heals from killing minions... which is constantly contested so if you're low health, you'll die trying to go get healed.

I personally, much rather normal Dominion.

Sovengardian
08-18-2018, 10:57 PM

Well thats whats making it fair, sure you need to do some stamina management, but so does the enemy, the playing field is equalized. Now this may be problematic if youre used to your gear, id know because i play kensei with a stamina build (180 gear score), so when i first played him in the event i found myself going out of stamina far earlier than im used to,which made me realize just how big of a buff gear gives you, and that makes playing rep 0-5 or 10, new heroes, unfair in standard because while you have that big buff from gear, they cant even get nearly the same bonuses for many many matches, so the higher rep side has all the advantages and no disadvantages. Geared Dom is by nature uneven for people who wanna start reping a new character, that is probably why so many people play low rep characters in the event, they try to level them while the event lasts. Thats why i focused on playing shinobi, that was rep 1, and while in standard dominoin, against high gear people i didnt do too well, in the event my shinobi shined, and im enjoying playing it thoroughly. Besides, while being designed, FH characters are balanced without taking gear into account, so ive found the event to be a very balanced experience.

Naturally standard dominion shouldnt be changed so theres no gear, noone is suggesting that, however, imho it would be really cool if we had another dominion without gear and/or feats (or at least have it during weekends) so that the people have an arena for grinding up a new character, before heading into geared game modes