PDA

View Full Version : On behalf of Shugoki players everywhere

PepsiBeastin
08-16-2018, 03:41 AM
Friendly fire is a thing. If we're at critical health and we hug someone, DON'T TRY TO WAIL ON THEM. You WILL kill the Shugoki, freeing the enemy.

That_guy44
08-16-2018, 04:52 AM
Also, if shugoki throws an opponent into the wall expect a DE from him. If you hit the opponent they lose their stun and will be able to dodge the DE

CandleInTheDark
08-16-2018, 05:02 AM
That's happened to me, worst thing was I didn't get hit for a while before, my ally got the kill notification. I suspect part of it is we are used to getting that extra hit in though it might also be some want to claim the kill.

MarshalMoriarty
08-16-2018, 05:32 AM
What's the alternative though? Is everyone supposed to politely and respectfully stand back while they do this? Not swing a weapon anywhere close to him because of the silly way his stance works? Dominion is all about turnover. If you wait that split second to check the goki killed him or forgo killing him for sure just to let the goki heal, you can find yourself swamped by rescuing enemy team mates, killed by a catapult, flask etc etc.

If I see an opening to kill an enemy, I'm taking it and moving on. And I'd want my team mates to do the same. I play Shugoki a lot and I never begrudge my team killing someone I grab, even if it stops my heal. Because its unreasonable to expect them to stand around and potentially give the enemy a chance to escape, the enemy team to regroup etc.

Kill and move on, as fast and often as you can. That's the key to Dominion. Can't get hung up on 1 guy's needs or what he feels he's earned the right to.

PepsiBeastin
08-16-2018, 05:41 AM
What's the alternative though? Is everyone supposed to politely and respectfully stand back while they do this? Not swing a weapon anywhere close to him because of the silly way his stance works? Dominion is all about turnover. If you wait that split second to check the goki killed him or forgo killing him for sure just to let the goki heal, you can find yourself swamped by rescuing enemy team mates, killed by a catapult, flask etc etc.

If I see an opening to kill an enemy, I'm taking it and moving on. And I'd want my team mates to do the same. I play Shugoki a lot and I never begrudge my team killing someone I grab, even if it stops my heal. Because its unreasonable to expect them to stand around and potentially give the enemy a chance to escape, the enemy team to regroup etc.

Kill and move on, as fast and often as you can. That's the key to Dominion. Can't get hung up on 1 guy's needs or what he feels he's earned the right to.

So you'd rather be selfish and try to get the kill yourself rather than letting your Shugoki 1-shot the enemy, nice.

Haplo_Bane
08-16-2018, 08:14 AM
The problem is players like marshal do more harm than good. The amount of times I'm about to make a kill and some idiot comes in wildly swinging,interupts me,gets blocks/parried,activates revenge. It's a lot. I'd rather 3 smart,strategic players than 3 wank gankers.Kinda like I'd rather to talk to people in a pub,than at a school ground. How about marshal,instead of joining a fight that's already won,you do something useful for your team,like killing minions or get another zone. I know it won't make you awesome on the scoreboard( that only idiots care about ), but that's real strategic teamwork. Which IS what dominion is about. Not 3v1 4v1ing everyone. I'd be surprised if you've ever played a team sport in real life. I can imagine you tackling your own teammate so you could score. Then probably getting your head punched in after the match. Bring Back Team Shuffle.

CandleInTheDark
08-16-2018, 08:23 AM

I don't mind losing the kill or the health and I am not one that calls for 1v1's in dominion by any means, what I did mind about that situation was that the heavy that killed me didn't even kill the person I would have one shotted and that person then helped the rest of their team take the zone. So we went from two of us in the zone, one of them about to die two of them coming to one of us, having killed me, in the zone (and one coming right after he died) against three of them and on that zone turning turned the game given it was close and late enough we never recovered.

Klingentaenz3r
08-16-2018, 11:20 AM
reckless team mates are all around but I try to either talk to my team mates or at least spam 'thanks' in quickchat to raise awareness. On the other hand, if I screw one of my team mates over I try to let them know that I recognize my mistake and apologize either via quickchat or team chat. and of course by trying to get more in sync next time.

And no, nobody is butthurt over a "stealing some frag". It is only about unnecessary team kills, denying them guaranteed punish opportunities by interrupting them or giving opponents revenge when they are already down for the count. Hell how often people hit my opponent out of his stumble animation when I guard broke him OOS and was about to throw him/her on the ground for a quick convenient ending.

Brutal_DaDo
08-16-2018, 02:13 PM
This is whatís frustrates me the most, when people play like that, not hatin on shugoki but most of the time when i got someone in my team playing as him iím always fighting someone and out of nowhere i get slammed in the back with an unblockable because killing is most important, especially when you got your mix ups going on then your teammates decide that thatís enough now iím gonna stop what youíre doing there buddy

David_gorda
08-16-2018, 02:56 PM
Thats why i almost never play highlander anymore in dominion, 99% chance a teammate hitting me in the back when i grabbed someone in offensive stance and about to throw on the ground, Every single time instead Of waiting until the enemy is already on the ground and both get a free top heavy.... So many noobs play this game.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-16-2018, 08:00 PM
I think it's all even Steven really. I've killed and stopped chains of friendlies on accident. I have been over zealous in my chartered heavy with centurion friends knocking the enemy to the ground.
I've had people kill me or my enemy while performing a DE many times.
What friends have to understand though is if I can get a charged side swipe in on the opponent they are fighting while at the same time attacking my opponent with that same heavy I'm going to do it even if it hits friendlies. Why non shugoki players may ask? It takes off so much health. If I can get that double or triple we have a great chance of winning that battle.
That said I do screw up the distance sometimes and just hit my teammates which is frustrating for both of us.
I'm fine with what marshal said....if he can get the kill faster guaranteed I'm fine with losing the health from a missed demons embrace or getting killed by friendly fire...dominion is really all about moving on as fast as possible. However it's also about battle awareness. It you "steal" the kill and a shugoki gets massive damage because of it...it had better have been for the preseaved greater good.
A "chicken little" is someone who waits for a teammate to damage the opponent then sweeps in to get the kill. They are the ones who on straightforward maps boost home zone while the rest of the team fights at B. They wait for the easy kills...for example.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-16-2018, 08:47 PM
I would also like to say that coordinating attacks with another teammate is where this game shines. If your a shugoki with an allied raider, pk, centurion, or a nabushi whose got your back it's fantastic. I love it when other teammates purposefully set me up to do a charged heavy.

MarshalMoriarty
08-16-2018, 11:42 PM
Hitting someone when they are grabbed is entirely safe from the being blocked and parried standpoint. And the example where the allied Shug died is stretching your point to an absurd degree. Can it happen? Sure. Does it happen often? Of course not considering the scratch damage allies do. And to then not be able to revive you in time when you've just finished the enemy off is stretching it even further.

As for not allowing them to 1 shot, come on. In case you missed it I am a Shugoki player too. But you don't catch me crying about people interrupting my grabs because it isn't that simple. Many people are already swinging and executing their mix ups. They don't have time or focus to waste checking your health, waiting to see if you're going to grab and succeed. Even if they did see your health was low, they're just as likely to think 'Christ he's about to die - better kill this enemy quick'. Guaging whether or not the Shug is low enough to 1 shot isn't always easy either - if they come in from behind and grab, you have a split second to decide if you're going to hit that helpless enemy or not.

Calling it selfish is absurd. Expecting everyone to drop what they're doing for you is however selfish. You complain over and over and over about team mates wronging you or the mechanics or the game. Its always someone else's fault because they did do what you wanted them to do. Its nice to think of a team as one big happy family but when push comes to shove, only a truly niave players assumes random team mates will be giving much thought to what you need.

Its every man for himself at those times. An ugly fact but its true. Sure, a team will generally help each other because why wouldn't they? But if you're outnumbered and they don't think you'll survivem, they'll leave. If reviving you takes too much time, they won't bother. If they want to make sure an enemy dies when you grab him, they'll do it. And in the grand scheme of things, such tactics can often work.

It balances out over time. Because they'll save you plenty of times too, GB someone for you to hit, slap a useful AOE buff on you etc etc. Because it seemed like the best course of action to help the team win. Viewing matches in black and white terms with such expectations of people you don't know from Adam is crazy and unrealistic. It doesn't bother me when my team act like that. Because Dom is about using your time wisely. Fighting when its smart to fight, running when its smart to run. People who get too hung up on doing right by rheir team mates no matter what aren't seeing the big picture.

Ozmoses_Nil
08-18-2018, 03:40 PM

Lol that where skill and patience comes in.

If the Goki heals you have back up.
If you kill Goki or stop his heal and group rush in to kill you before you can revive him or he has one hit left the you're stuck looking like a donkey's butt.

Ozmoses_Nil
08-18-2018, 03:47 PM
This is why I like playing along side Shaman/ Peacekeeper when I'm Goki. Peacekeepers know how to poke and prod in between my attacks. And I'm patient enough to wait for Shaman to get up after the tackle to land free heavy :P