PDA

View Full Version : Skip execution killcams

KSI K9 HANDLER
08-15-2018, 12:36 AM
This game is extremely toxic and one of the more annoying things is watching not only an execution from some fool who just ran up behind you and spammed a heavy attack to get that execution. Not to mention watching them do those stupid interrupted emotes on your corpse for a good 10 seconds. We should have an option to be able to skip that

Arekonator
08-15-2018, 12:56 AM
You can switch cam to your teammates about second or two after execution goes through.

Camemberto
08-15-2018, 07:39 AM
You can switch cam to your teammates about second or two after execution goes through.

AFTER... that's the problem.

David_gorda
08-15-2018, 08:41 AM
Its a pvp Game, cant Believe its so many snowflakes on this board crying about executions or emotes lol.

Camemberto
08-15-2018, 09:44 AM
Well, because it's just unnecessary.
The game just doesn't need all of these toxic options to succeed in it's tradition form. A PvP game can very well work without access to humiliating emotes and executions (as seen in Absolver). I don't get why you see them as a given?
They could have added emotes, that would honor the enemy, like bowing or kneeling to show respect, but instead they went out of their way to create literal salt-sprinkle, coin-toss or tea-bag emotes for extra spammability, because apparently memes are more important than a healthy community.
I once watched a behind the scenes on the emote motion capture stuff and they even said, that a big part of recording new emotes was making sure that they would be extra spammable... I mean WTF? Wrong priorities much?

voiddp
08-15-2018, 10:32 AM
Also made similar suggestion
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1915143-Devs-ADD-an-ption-to-turn-OFF-executions-animations

but be ready for more people to come and post about how you should just stop playing the game or stuff like that. Healthy community as it is lol. Dont mind.

Vakris_One
08-15-2018, 10:37 AM
Also made similar suggestion
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1915143-Devs-ADD-an-ption-to-turn-OFF-executions-animations

but be ready for more people to come and post about how you should just stop playing the game or stuff like that. Healthy community as it is lol. Dont mind.
You mean people are expressing their difference of opinion and viewpoints on a public Internet forum? No way!

David_gorda
08-15-2018, 10:43 AM
Well, because it's just unnecessary.
The game just doesn't need all of these toxic options to succeed in it's tradition form. A PvP game can very well work without access to humiliating emotes and executions (as seen in Absolver). I don't get why you see them as a given?
They could have added emotes, that would honor the enemy, like bowing or kneeling to show respect, but instead they went out of their way to create literal salt-sprinkle, coin-toss or tea-bag emotes for extra spammability, because apparently memes are more important than a healthy community.
I once watched a behind the scenes on the emote motion capture stuff and they even said, that a big part of recording new emotes was making sure that they would be extra spammable... I mean WTF? Wrong priorities much? well alot Of People enjoy spamming emotes and tease and joke. That why you see it so much ingame. Good priority from ubisoft, its a Game and People want to have fun. they shouldnt listen to the few snowflakes that get butthurt by an emote PR execution lol :)

Camemberto
08-15-2018, 11:17 AM
well alot Of People enjoy spamming emotes and tease and joke. That why you see it so much ingame. Good priority from ubisoft, its a Game and People want to have fun. they shouldnt listen to the few snowflakes that get butthurt by an emote PR execution lol :)

There could have been ways to put emotes in the game that don't rely on belittling opponents. People would also enjoy being honorable and nice to one another just as much, if they were given the tools to. But there are non.

David_gorda
08-15-2018, 11:55 AM
There could have been ways to put emotes in the game that don't rely on belittling opponents. People would also enjoy being honorable and nice to one another just as much, if they were given the tools to. But there are non.
They already have plenty Of honorable emotes like different bows and nods. Some classes have honorable execution aswell.

voiddp
08-15-2018, 04:18 PM
The thing is that this suggestion doesnt take away any of ways people can express their emotes or spamm emotes, or kill someone with executions or something.
And at the same time let's other side to choose to watch it all or skip.

I don't know who can oppose this idea which is good for both sides, but the people who just somewhy want for other side to obidiently sit and watch anything that they want to show toxic or not and get some ego bust from it.
Or who calls other people they don't know snowflakes or something on forums.

PS: Not sure is going personal against author is only way to opose this? Like if I call "such people" "snowflakes" and my post with this "opinion" then suggestion should be automatically downranked or what lol?

ArmoredChocobo
08-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Donít die so much.

AzureSky.
08-15-2018, 11:27 PM
Executions and emotes toxic. lmao, what are you ? League of Legend players?

yfkutfui
08-16-2018, 12:09 AM
how frustrating is it to finally overcome an opponent after an epic tussle only to get executed while your executing your opponent by some cheap *** assassin with stealth that spends most of the game running away from a face to face confrontation,

bannex19
08-16-2018, 01:35 AM
Please do not change this, it's fine how it is.

There is one super long shaman execution that adds seconds on to your res timer that could be nerfed. The one where she eats your heart is at troll levels length.

At least have the res timer start at the same time after death regardless of execution length. The killer already gets bonus hp and you're punished for being executed. No reason super long executions should be further punishment

Hormly
08-16-2018, 01:39 AM
This is the "everyone gets a trophy" generation all grown up and unable to cope with the reality of competition.

You lost, you should feel bad. Try harder and win, you'll feel good.

KSI K9 HANDLER
08-16-2018, 02:34 AM
"You lost, you should feel bad. Try harder and win, you'll feel good."
I never understand how people say try harder when most of the problems are from Fools coming up running behind me spamming a heavy attack and then getting an execution. How exactly am I supposed to try harder when people are just ganking

voiddp
08-16-2018, 07:50 AM
And what is the connection here to suggestion to add skip?
You lost try harder? Okay I lost will try harder. But I also want to skip and watch what happens on the map or with my team mate. But I need to sit and watch for up to 6 seconds on executions and on spamy emotes? Why is that a thing and how it makes me try harder?

Again noone here suggest about removing execution or emotes or timer or something. No changes to current system.
But why should anyone care if the other guy will skip it or not on his death and go to spectate sooner

Armosias
08-16-2018, 09:06 AM
Being able to skip executions would get you far away from the fight, potentially causing surprise if said execution is cancelled and you are revived. That's the best reason not to skip them. Then the other reason is: why do you feel offended by someone executing you? Also if a player "spams" heavy attacks just block or parry.

Camemberto
08-16-2018, 09:35 AM
What is up with you guys? Why would it do you any harm, if someone skipped the execution animation and goes right into the spectator camera? I don't even see the reason, why you would respond to such a suggestion that way. There is absolutely NO downside to it, especially not for you. If you don't want to skip it, don't. But don't force us to watch that stuff, just because... I don't even know what your reason is.

voiddp
08-16-2018, 10:20 AM
Being able to skip executions would get you far away from the fight, potentially causing surprise if said execution is cancelled and you are revived. That's the best reason not to skip them. Then the other reason is: why do you feel offended by someone executing you? Also if a player "spams" heavy attacks just block or parry.

lol what surprise? like surprise reviving white circle on center of the screen?
How is going to spectate cancels your revives? It do not. You can spectate teammate that gives you a revive and be in the center of events even.
Again this doesnt change any of the game mechanics. And there is option to just not skip.

Your "other reason" - why do you even care about how someone does or does not feel offended about some executions? That are other person, other mood, other situations in game. It changes nothing for you, you still can execute, you still can emote. But if other player is offended somewhy why should you care about should he be or not, and will he skip it or not. I just don't understand.

Its a fact that this game sure can be toxic with quick chat spam, with spamy\salty emotes, hand made EZ emblems. Its okay i guess. And some situations can induce lot of negative emotions to someone. But why are here so much opposition to simple move that doesn't change anything but makes it easier in some moments if someone have problems with it.? I remind you that option for quick chat range was added last patch only because of toxic quick chat abuse. So devs did look at that side of question too.

Armosias
08-16-2018, 10:44 AM
I exposed my point of view about this potential change don't act so hurt like I talked bad about your mothers because I did not try to be agressive. I have already been surprised by a revive and always believed executions to be part of the fight as your hero can still be revived until the killing blow is landed, that's why I don't believe this to be a good idea. Now if Ubi feels this change can be interesting to add in For Honor, so be it.

Camemberto
08-16-2018, 10:48 AM
I exposed my point of view about this potential change don't act so hurt like I talked bad about your mothers because I did not try to be agressive. I have already been surprised by a revive and always believed executions to be part of the fight as your hero can still be revived until the killing blow is landed, that's why I don't believe this to be a good idea. Now if Ubi feels this change can be interesting to add in For Honor, so be it.

Skipping might not be a good Idea, I fully agree. Giving people the option to skip is. You can still decide not to if you don't want to, but some people do, that's the point.

David_gorda
08-16-2018, 10:51 AM
I Guess they could add a "snowflake mode" so instead Of seeing execution and emotes you Will see a pink Teddybear hugging you and tell you that you played good but was unlucky.

Armosias
08-16-2018, 10:54 AM
I Guess they could add a "snowflake mode" so instead Of seeing execution and emotes you Will see a pink Teddybear hugging you and tell you that you played good but was unlucky.
Very interesting post as always. Keep on the good work :)

voiddp
08-16-2018, 10:56 AM
But how is that connected to execution stop of revive? What you tell is part of the game and noone here tried to disable some part of the game.
If someone starts to execute you, you skip and start to spectate. If he gets interrupted, you start to get revive from teammate, you can see that from big white cyrcle, you can see that by spectating your teammates in that fight just from different angle. If he doesnt get interupted you see timer with more seconds from execution and writings about that you cant be revived.

If you are in group fights you when you want to not stop watching and not jump to spectate, you can do that still, just don't skip.
But why do you need to sit and watch when you are the last one vs gank, and get killed by 3-4 people, and then need to sit through some long execution with emotes spamming by others at the same time. There nothing usefull for teamplay happens at that moment in that part of the map. It feels better to just skip and see is there some rivived teammembers already going to somewhere and plan for next.

More options to make game behave how you like it to behave is always better for community.

David_gorda
08-16-2018, 11:03 AM
Very interesting post as always. Keep on the good work :) Thx bro ;)

voiddp
08-16-2018, 11:04 AM
But on the other side this can farther help to make random 4vs4 matcmaking to be less susceptible to rage quitting in the middle of the fight.
It's so funny and i think both sides of discussion here love the moment when your random teammates just get frustrated and leave and you get a free kill bot in replacement, or two.
I dont meant to say they surely wont leave after such change, but this sure can lower frustration inducing element a bit.

And the best of it that its not hard to implement. There is nothing new to develop here. Just to change timings of spectate jump.

Camemberto
08-16-2018, 11:21 AM

What in the world is wrong with you?

There is already an option to hide chat or disable VOIP and no one in their right mind would ever complain about those changes on the basis of them not being able to spread their toxicity anymore. You can still teabag my dead corpse all you want or spam emotes until your devilish desires are satisfied, but if I don't want to watch or listen to it, I shouldn't have to. This changes absolutely nothing about your experience, so you don't even get to say anything on that matter. It's like having France vote on matters that only affect the UK. It's none of their business. Neither is this yours.

David_gorda
08-16-2018, 11:25 AM
What in the world is wrong with you?

There is already an option to hide chat or disable VOIP and no one in their right mind would ever complain about those changes on the basis of them not being able to spread their toxicity anymore. You can still teabag my dead corpse all you want or spam emotes until your devilish desires are satisfied, but if I don't want to watch it, I shouldn't have to. This changes absolutely nothing about your experience, so you don't even get to say anything on that matter. It's like having France vote on matters that only affect the UK. It's none of their business. Neither is this yours. i am joking i dont really care what ubisoft do, but i think less People Will buy the joking/teasing emote/executions Of they give players option to not see them which means less People buy steel and less money to ubisoft.

voiddp
08-16-2018, 11:29 AM
Other people still see those executions and emotes. Just the victim can skip it sometimes if he wants it.
I can guess this isnt a main reason to buy something to be toxic with others. But because it just looks cool.

Camemberto
08-16-2018, 11:29 AM
i am joking i dont really care what ubisoft do, but i think less People Will buy the joking/teasing emote/executions Of they give players option to not see them which means less People buy steel and less money to ubisoft.

Do you really think that people buy these emotes JUST to piss off other people? That should tell you something about this community and the direction this game is heading.

Camemberto
08-16-2018, 11:30 AM
doesn't the EU already kinda do that? lmao

The UK is no longer part of the EU

David_gorda
08-16-2018, 11:36 AM
Do you really think that people buy these emotes JUST to piss off other people? That should tell you something about this community and the direction this game is heading.
Ofc People do, piss off, tease,Joke whatever, People spam emotes or chat for fun or to piss People Of . You never played a pvp Game before online? Its full Of toxic players.

Armosias
08-16-2018, 11:37 AM
Buying an emote or execution for others is not a good way of thinking in the first place and is off topic.

voiddp
08-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Ofc People do, piss off, tease,Joke whatever, People spam emotes or chat for fun or to piss People Of . You never played a pvp Game before online? Its full Of toxic players.
Yeah and most of games deal with this by using options to dissable things. The same as in for honor, lets check list:
blocking player in chat - check
sending report about chat\behavior - check
different range of chat - check
different range of quickchat - just added, check
Turning off animations, all or only for enemies - check
skipping executions - not yet.

It is not some general obligation for online games to encourage toxic behavior. It is usually other way around for all games: To add options to ignore things people dont like.

Camemberto
08-16-2018, 11:59 AM
It is not some general obligation for online games to encourage toxic behavior. It is usually other way around for all games: To add options to ignore things people dont like.

Or even have measures in place to combat toxicity. But not For Honor. Evidently the devs care more about memes, than they do a healthy community.

Vakris_One
08-16-2018, 01:19 PM
Or even have measures in place to combat toxicity. But not For Honor. Evidently the devs care more about memes, than they do a healthy community.
Let's not go overboard here with what is really a very tiny issue from a minority in the community. It'd be nice if you got given the option to skip but just because you don't have the option doesn't by default mean the devs are promoting toxicity on this particular matter. The measures that combat genuine cases of toxicity, i.e. reporting offensive chat messages, reporting players for AFK farming or botting and for offensive emblems are all there.

Having execution cut scenes and spammable emotes in a game doesn't equal "toxic" and nor does not having the option to skip them equate to the devs "promoting toxicity". By all means you can express the desire for a skip option, but saying the devs are not working to combat toxicity if they don't give you a skip option or a "make emotes disappear" option is not correct.

David_gorda
08-16-2018, 01:26 PM
Let's not go overboard here with what is really a very tiny issue from a minority in the community. It'd be nice if you got given the option to skip but just because you don't have the option doesn't by default mean the devs are promoting toxicity on this particular matter. The measures that combat genuine cases of toxicity, i.e. reporting offensive chat messages, reporting players for AFK farming or botting and for offensive emblems are all there.

Having execution cut scenes and spammable emotes in a game doesn't equal "toxic" and nor does not having the option to skip them equate to the devs "promoting toxicity". By all means you can express the desire for a skip option, but saying the devs are not working to combat toxicity if they don't give you a skip option or a "make emotes disappear" option is not correct. Exactly, i am going to Continue spam My little Pony emote with My lawbringer after i owned noobs and its not toxic just fun :)