PDA

View Full Version : Small maps are killing 4v4s in this game.

Jediknight482
08-14-2018, 04:37 PM
There should be at all times a larger map in every selection process so we dont literally have to play forge every other dominion match. They arent good maps and only encourage deathballing. Which if you arent going to limit character picks per team, then you need to give us larger maps so we can still combat that better. Even when i'm in a 4 man gank i dont have fun. theres no skill involved and i dont feel like i truly beat my opponent because all we did was cheese him and abuse the small maps that flood this game. Dominion is your more popular playlist so i hope you at least take this feedback into consideration.

Wes8504
08-14-2018, 06:04 PM
I full agree. Small maps like Shard, Forge, Beachhead, and Gauntlet are all smaller maps that you pretty much only see deathballs on. Overwatch, although larger was so poorly thought out, with choke points leading to A, that Deathballing is common place. Its so much nicer when you have maps like High Fort or Citadel Gate where Deathballing, while though still prevalent, is lessened due to the distance a re-spawned player has to run.

Hopefully Breach will be a long term success and take over as the preferred way to play, and Dominion Deathballs will be a memory forgotten. But until that time, we must contend with the Deathballs.

The_B0G_
08-14-2018, 06:40 PM
Dom will be a Ghost town once Marching fire hits anyway, I know I won't be playing it.

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2018, 08:56 PM
Dom will be a Ghost town once Marching fire hits anyway, I know I won't be playing it.

I am honestly hoping this is the case, but there will be a few questions it needs to answer in my view.

Will breach be equal to or better than dominion in xp vs time?
Will breach be taken as a preferred tournament mode by the competitive community?
Are the people claiming they want a more objective based mode honest in that given they abandoned tribute after the honeymoon period?

I think breach can do well especially given the devs are changing things based on the PTS time, ultimately it needs the player base to support it and not fall back to that mode with good xp that they can ignore the objective in if they get a good deathball going.

UbiInsulin
08-14-2018, 09:00 PM
Dominion is your more popular playlist so i hope you at least take this feedback into consideration.

Will do, thank you!

SendRickPics
08-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Hopefully Breach will be a long term success and take over as the preferred way to play, and Dominion Deathballs will be a memory forgotten. But until that time, we must contend with the Deathballs.

Deathballs/Ganks/********s are only prevalent because Revenge was nerfed so damn hard to begin with. Revenge mode was the equalizer, and while people complained about Revenge, all Revenge really did was give an individual player the damage output and HP almost equivalent to what they were up against (3+ HP pools & and damage sources)

The_B0G_
08-14-2018, 10:34 PM
I am honestly hoping this is the case, but there will be a few questions it needs to answer in my view.

Will breach be equal to or better than dominion in xp vs time?
Will breach be taken as a preferred tournament mode by the competitive community?
Are the people claiming they want a more objective based mode honest in that given they abandoned tribute after the honeymoon period?

I think breach can do well especially given the devs are changing things based on the PTS time, ultimately it needs the player base to support it and not fall back to that mode with good xp that they can ignore the objective in if they get a good deathball going.

I think most modes go by length in how much exp they give, so I imagine it will give the most xp and steel. I heard each match is about 25-30 mins for Breach, so roughly twice the time of a Dom match, hopefull we get at least 80-90 steel a match.

As far as Tribute goes, people wanted an objective based mode, not a triple CTF with no way to heal.

Personally, I feel like tribute is left too much to chance, less on skill, more so on your team having more health than the enemies team at the end of the round for the last fight. Unless a powerhouse team that wins off of the first faceoff and holds all 3 flags, it usually ends up just being whoever is in control in the last minute, the rest of the match means nothing.

Which brings me to my next point, Tribute is not solo queue friendly, full pre mades reign supreme.

I'll finish by saying the back and forth nature of Tribute is more frustrating than exciting for me and ultimately was the reason I went back to Dominion.

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2018, 11:18 PM
I think most modes go by length in how much exp they give, so I imagine it will give the most xp and steel. I heard each match is about 25-30 mins for Breach, so roughly twice the time of a Dom match, hopefull we get at least 80-90 steel a match.

As far as Tribute goes, people wanted an objective based mode, not a triple CTF with no way to heal.

Personally, I feel like tribute is left too much to chance, less on skill, more so on your team having more health than the enemies team at the end of the round for the last fight. Unless a powerhouse team that wins off of the first faceoff and holds all 3 flags, it usually ends up just being whoever is in control in the last minute, the rest of the match means nothing.

Which brings me to my next point, Tribute is not solo queue friendly, full pre mades reign supreme.

I'll finish by saying the back and forth nature of Tribute is more frustrating than exciting for me and ultimately was the reason I went back to Dominion.

The health thing is something I have never gotten and is one of the big double standards in this whole thing. So people complain about deathballing, say I have my shugoki (using this as he is the one I am repping currently) and am against three or four of them, unless they are really good at xv1 I will pop revenge at least once, if I have hard to kill for the damage reduction active sometimes two or three times, now they might get me in the end but I will likely leave at least two of them at or near critical health. In tribute this effectively hinders any further deathball because they can't heal, they might still choose to go as a group after one of my allies but two of them might fall for it, same scenario in a zone in dominion and they are all healed in five seconds.

Outside of this I feel that I have a lot more influence on the result of a tribute than in dominion. There have been times I have sneaked around a fight to claim a tribute, taken one last second, realised as I was running to place one that I could ensure we won by stopping the person chasing me from grabbing the one I just passed, had last laugh proc at a time it left two flags wide open for the rest of my team, guarded what we have, a whole bunch of stuff that I had an active part in deciding the match, unless my team got overpowered I feel like I had something to do with it.

In dominion on the other hand...well I had ten matches yesterday morning to lunch, I played the objective on zones and clearing soldiers, I top scored for my team in more than half of them, several of those I had 500-700 points and I was on the winning team, out of those ten, exactly zero times because the rest of my team were set on treating it like a rolling skirmish and were running one or two at a time into the whole other team, even on the larger maps. It has gotten to the point where pugging in dominion is very unfun and if not for the xp I would just go to skirmish where I know what to expect going in rather than hoping I get a team that actually plays the objective, at least until I get the five reps I need to have one of each class at rep 7 on PC and can experiment with a wide range of perks before hopefully having grey gear on the wu lin not matter as much as it would currently.

Speaking of xp my guess is because it can go up to 30 minutes and dominion up to 20, it will have a third more rewards than dominion, which is a problem because a good deal of dominions only last 7-10 minutes and dominion vs ai for only a small amount less rewards 4-7 minutes. I think breach needs a significantly larger reward than dominion and if/when ranked 4v4 comes back breach needs to be the mode used for it.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-15-2018, 12:28 AM
I like smaller maps especially gauntlet as its like a chess board. Playing shugoki larger maps are a pain to traverse. Plus on smaller maps the initial start of the fight (usually on b) is usually 4v4. On larger maps u get players who play chicken little or flank the enemy at the beginning which doesn't help the initial team battle.
What is hurting dominion is there is only 4 Player per team...and the slow lobby.. and no real solution to ganks. People aren't experienced at group fights, play characters they don't know, have low gear score, crappy connection, start with a bot, back out for whatever reason...I'm sure there are more reasons.
For Honor needs a revamp. It's too personal/too toxic, too gank friendly, too dependent on individual players.
This game will die because it's resolutions to mitigate are few.

Now you build upon an actual war environment like Warhammer that uses transport, magic, terrian, and active minions.....you could have 20 vs 20 players with boots on the ground as warlord assets. During battles ganking would be easily buffered until the end.

Breach is going to have the same issues as dominion probably even worse since breach is all about funneling into a meatgrinder in real life.