PDA

View Full Version : No wallbounce when opponent is using rock steady

hiddenghost99
08-13-2018, 02:59 AM
Hey ubi I was wondering if you guys could take a look at the rock steady perk/feat. I have no problem with the feat itself but I do have a problem with a big that comes with it .There is a bug that doesnt allow the player using rock steady to be bounced off a wall for the additional time to hit they just slide off. Earlier today I was playing against an aramusha that used rock steady when I threw him I to the wall for the additional hit he just slid along the wall. Can you guys take a look and try to fix it

PepsiBeastin
08-13-2018, 05:18 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/55a16aed4a756ee634a7855a32fec621.png

ChampionRuby50g
08-13-2018, 07:32 AM
The feat is working as intended then.

Personally I think itís stupid how Aramusha has the feat, and how a player using this feat doesnít get punished for going OOS as they are showing poor stamina management and get away Scott free, or how it completely ignored revenge. Someone I parry in Revenge should fall over, someone I throw in revenge should fall over but they donít.

dinosaurlicker
08-15-2018, 07:28 PM
Nobody has any reason to hate the feat because the only heroes that have access to it are the two worst heroes in the game.

Sneakly20
08-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Nobody has any reason to hate the feat because the only heroes that have access to it are the two worst heroes in the game.

Thatís actually a huge point here. And the feat says unbalanced by parried and throws so I think wallspats should be a thing.

Back on the main is that everyone made a huge deal about rock steady when aramusha first released. And people will make a big deal about it when goki is reworked. Point still stands it not looked at much because of how bad fatman and Ara is.

Lord_Cherubi
08-15-2018, 09:26 PM
Personally i don't have any problems with it, it just makes your opponent think and not rely too much on making you fall and stomp you to the ground.

Allthough i think it should be only available for Shugo only.

Baggin_
08-15-2018, 10:17 PM
The feat is working as intended then.

Personally I think itís stupid how Aramusha has the feat, and how a player using this feat doesnít get punished for going OOS as they are showing poor stamina management and get away Scott free, or how it completely ignored revenge. Someone I parry in Revenge should fall over, someone I throw in revenge should fall over but they donít.

I usually agree with you, but here I do not. The perk on Aramusha makes sense for him since he is a Hybrid of an assassin and heavy, the Rocksteady gives him that "tank" feel. As for Rocksteady itself, it needs a bug fixed with the Valks sweep. For some reason Valks sweep negates it which shouldn't happen.

Neon_WiDoW
08-15-2018, 11:36 PM
I usually agree with you, but here I do not. The perk on Aramusha makes sense for him since he is a Hybrid of an assassin and heavy, the Rocksteady gives him that "tank" feel. As for Rocksteady itself, it needs a bug fixed with the Valks sweep. For some reason Valks sweep negates it which shouldn't happen.

Valk sweep negates EVERYTHING in the game. I tried to bring it up on here but all the valk mains just come screaming in defending it. So if its a bash then shouldnt hyper armor not be affected by it?....hmmmm didnt shugoki get nerfed recently because bashes are not suppose to do that? But here they have valk doing it through revenge activation.

Then there are people saying its an unblockable heavy attack. Well ok but you would still be able to parry it right? Nope you cant. No one knows wtf this move is SUPPOSE to do. But it goes through hyper armor and revenge activation... so its suppose to be blocked by ONE of those but it isnt.

Rock steady on the other hand is not bugged. I have been playing shugoki all this season with him having that equipped and I have never noticed a wall splat not going through when actually connected to a wall. The valk sweep does go through Rock steady as well... so theres another thing.

ChampionRuby50g
08-15-2018, 11:41 PM

He may be labeled as heavy, but doesnít play like a heavy at all. Only thing that gives him the heavy brand is the full block stance he gets, but shares no other characteristics with the other heavy classes, with an infinite light combo and minimal hyper Armor, etc.

So because one feat is too strong, it should be ignored because the heroes who use it are in a bad spot? Sorry, but thatís not good balancing. Feat should be adjusted IMO, as well as those two heroes.

Baggin_
08-16-2018, 12:06 AM
I agree they should give him more heavy like moves, but he should keep the Rocksteady to make him a tank. Unless however, they give him extreme buffs. Then i could see them taking it away.

dinosaurlicker
08-16-2018, 02:12 AM
Aramusha is the most poorly designed hero in this game. Itís pretty clear the devs half assed him and put all their effort in Shaman back then. He needs a rework just as much as the original non-reworked heroes.

ArchDukeInstinct
08-16-2018, 02:26 AM
Hey ubi I was wondering if you guys could take a look at the rock steady perk/feat. I have no problem with the feat itself but I do have a problem with a big that comes with it .There is a bug that doesnt allow the player using rock steady to be bounced off a wall for the additional time to hit they just slide off. Earlier today I was playing against an aramusha that used rock steady when I threw him I to the wall for the additional hit he just slid along the wall. Can you guys take a look and try to fix it

Sadly that's actually how it's intended to work.

CandleInTheDark
08-16-2018, 03:23 AM
He may be labeled as heavy, but doesn’t play like a heavy at all. Only thing that gives him the heavy brand is the full block stance he gets, but shares no other characteristics with the other heavy classes, with an infinite light combo and minimal hyper Armor, etc.

(Emphasis mine)

The only other legitimate infinite combo also comes from a heavy, conqueror, and that is also an infinite light chain that has to change directions each hit. Aramusha's might have more involved but infinite chain is very definitely a heavy thing.