PDA

View Full Version : Valk is broken!

PureFyre7
08-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Something is wrong with Valk as in the actual coding/mechanics of the class. After the rework i've experienced numrous glitches fighting against her. I dont play valk but this hero frequently doesn't follow normal combat protocal. Some of the errors - upon shoulder bash from warden theres no reaction/stun. i instantly get spear swept or light attcked. theres no audio for spear sweep. The indicator for light attacks seems off as in her lights are instant. In dominion the team with valks typically steam role the oher side, I believe b/c there are glithes with this hero.

DefiledDragon
08-13-2018, 02:10 AM
Her lights are super fast. I don't know how fast, but I find them unreactable and I don't have that issue with any other character, not even Orochi.

bannex19
08-13-2018, 02:37 AM
What kind of hyper armor does she have now because she hyper armored through a light heavy combo from my warlord and took no damage.

She also used her feat mid attack without stopping.

She def is broken

NHLGoldenKnight
08-13-2018, 03:25 AM
I did notice some unusual things going on with her. Firs, I would get spear sweep even if my second light gets blocked? At least I was able to do so twice so far. Also, sometimes I would kill my opponent after 2 spear sweeps even though my opponent health was full. I was able to kill Raider and Centurion that way. It did seem excessive and I am not sure whar really happened.

There is a sound bug on spear sweep as well, it just doesn't sound or feel like it actually catches opponent like it used to feel.

Both, Valk and Warden seem unpolished and done with very little time or testing. Obviously, devs time is getting spent on new faction.

Dry.Fish
08-13-2018, 03:38 AM
Does this happen in duels? Maybe it's just dominion that's broken at the moment, not necessarily the Heroes.

RexXZ347
08-13-2018, 04:08 AM
I thought it was just me. I was swept even though i dodged it right. I was also experiencing bugs about her.

MarshalMoriarty
08-13-2018, 04:46 AM
She does have superior block on her lights, so she probably used that to punch through your attacks. Its not HA, several characters have it (including Warlord).

SpaceJim12
08-13-2018, 09:42 AM
Her lights are super fast. I don't know how fast, but I find them unreactable and I don't have that issue with any other character, not even Orochi.

Every second of my lights parried in 80% of fights.=)
I can only block tham. Fortunatly, it's stop her sweep combo.

Siegfried-Z
08-13-2018, 10:30 AM

Just for your info.. all her lights are 500ms and only second and third one from the top are 400ms.. and the indicator is very clear as she has a fix guard. So if you have more troubles with Valk lights than Roch one, you're just not honest, free hating there.

What kind of hyper armor does she have now because she hyper armored through a light heavy combo from my warlord and took no damage.

She also used her feat mid attack without stopping.

She def is broken

She doesn't have any HA .. because gess what ? She is among the 3 only char of the whole game To not have Unblocable or HA with PK and Nobu.

The only explaination for that is that this Valk superior block you. . It is very easy on a Warlord heavy if not feinted.

I did notice some unusual things going on with her. Firs, I would get spear sweep even if my second light gets blocked? At least I was able to do so twice so far. Also, sometimes I would kill my opponent after 2 spear sweeps even though my opponent health was full. I was able to kill Raider and Centurion that way. It did seem excessive and I am not sure whar really happened.

There is a sound bug on spear sweep as well, it just doesn't sound or feel like it actually catches opponent like it used to feel.

Both, Valk and Warden seem unpolished and done with very little time or testing. Obviously, devs time is getting spent on new faction.

Well, depend which Char you were playing.

If lights are blocked but it doesn't interrupt you, of course you can still land the sweep.

If you're intterupted, you cant . Simple as hell.

I thought it was just me. I was swept even though i dodged it right. I was also experiencing bugs about her.

Her sweep has always been a spécial moove To dodge... first most of times you cant back dodge it.. it catch you, you have to side dodge it.

Plus you have to start your dodge before seeing the sweep.. if not it catch you while dodging.. that's why this is a 50/50 with GB.

It has always been like that.

To answer about the main topic here .. Valk is broken ?
So let's consider the following thing and then came back saying that, dare you guys :

-no unblocable
-no HA
-useless zone
-weak parry punishes
-still low damages (except on sweep)
-her dodges are lights (hard punish)
-got big nerf on her shield tackle and headbutt remooved with her rework
-has the same HP pool than assassins
-good in 1v1 and 1vmany but not at Ganking (sweep allies and give revenge very fast due to shield bash)

Valk OP ? Let me laugh.

You guys just dont know how to play agaisnt Valk now that she is kind of correct/viable char.

Just train and stop saying wrong statements.

Haplo_Bane
08-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Not complaining about the Valk or her moves as she's my main(I will miss knocking down light spammers) but I have noticed an audio oddness. It's during her combos. It's never when I do them,just on the recieving end. Not only does she go silent,but the whole game is quiet. It's just odd. Doesn't affect anything else. Bring Back Team Shuffle

RexXZ347
08-13-2018, 11:13 AM
Just for your info.. all her lights are 500ms and only second and third one from the top are 400ms.. and the indicator is very clear as she has a fix guard. So if you have more troubles with Valk lights than Roch one, you're just not honest, free hating there.

She doesn't have any HA .. because gess what ? She is among the 3 only char of the whole game To not have Unblocable or HA with PK and Nobu.

The only explaination for that is that this Valk superior block you. . It is very easy on a Warlord heavy if not feinted.

Well, depend which Char you were playing.

If lights are blocked but it doesn't interrupt you, of course you can still land the sweep.

If you're intterupted, you cant . Simple as hell.

Her sweep has always been a spécial moove To dodge... first most of times you cant back dodge it.. it catch you, you have to side dodge it.

Plus you have to start your dodge before seeing the sweep.. if not it catch you while dodging.. that's why this is a 50/50 with GB.

It has always been like that.

To answer about the main topic here .. Valk is broken ?
So let's consider the following thing and then came back saying that, dare you guys :

-no unblocable
-no HA
-useless zone
-weak parry punishes
-still low damages (except on sweep)
-her dodges are lights (hard punish)
-got big nerf on her shield tackle and headbutt remooved with her rework
-has the same HP pool than assassins
-good in 1v1 and 1vmany but not at Ganking (sweep allies and give revenge very fast due to shield bash)

Valk OP ? Let me laugh.

You guys just dont know how to play agaisnt Valk now that she is kind of correct/viable char.

Just train and stop saying wrong statements.

i totally disagree with your wrong statement. I fought her in training and i am 100% you can dodge right on reaction. I also am successful on dodging on pvp. But sometimes it gets bugged and even if you dodged it right you still get swept even if you're already on her side. Plus, we are tqlking about her bugs. How can she successfully block an attack and then get right into his attack without the shield block animation without a sign of hyperarmor on her body. We are not talking how she is OP. She isn't. It's just sometimes she is being bugged out.

Jastorm187
08-13-2018, 11:44 AM
i totally disagree with your wrong statement. I fought her in training and i am 100% you can dodge right on reaction. I also am successful on dodging on pvp. But sometimes it gets bugged and even if you dodged it right you still get swept even if you're already on her side. Plus, we are tqlking about her bugs. How can she successfully block an attack and then get right into his attack without the shield block animation without a sign of hyperarmor on her body. We are not talking how she is OP. She isn't. It's just sometimes she is being bugged out.

She can successfully block an attack right into an attack with her superior armor. She light attacks to the same direction of your attacks in a parry timing (like wardens crushing counterstrike) and she both blocks and hits at the same time. She also gets bonus dmg for this punish and goes right into chains with it. It can seem like a glitch but isnt.

As for the sweep bug, im guessing this was dominion as i have seen bugs like this for multiple characters where you dodge an attack then it suddenly hits you anyway. Its a domion glitch not a character bug.

Siegfried-Z
08-13-2018, 12:43 PM

Looking at your words, you only disagree with the sweep part.

Everything i've said are facts.

Well sweep is a 600ms moove.
So dodging on reaction, considering the speed + your reaction time + dodge animation time. . That's not surprising to be sweeped often if you always try to dodge it on reaction . . If it was easy to do so, then this moove would have no reasons to exist.

Maybe you can do it in Arena. But in the Arena i can parry and deflect Roch lights what i cant most of time in real situation because of connection lag.

SpaceJim12
08-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Looking at your words, you only disagree with the sweep part.

Everything i've said are facts.

Well sweep is a 600ms moove.
So dodging on reaction, considering the speed + your reaction time + dodge animation time. . That's not surprising to be sweeped often if you always try to dodge it on reaction . . If it was easy to do so, then this moove would have no reasons to exist.

Maybe you can do it in Arena. But in the Arena i can parry and deflect Roch lights what i cant most of time in real situation because of connection lag.

Maybe I do something wrong, but people mostly dodge my sweep.=)
But it's open a big world of options. Do two lights and than slow side heavy. Someone who try to dodge will take a hit. Do two lights and than GB.

As I metioned somewhere around the forum, I really like both new reworks. So cool to have OPTIONS. You should think what you are doing and find specific combos and playstyle to different opponents.
I have rep 3 on Valky already and a lot of cool/funny moments. The only sad thing here - another character I need to lvl up to rep 8 to customize visuals. T_T
But Ubi really did a great work on this new reworks. No doubt.

Siegfried-Z
08-13-2018, 02:29 PM
Maybe I do something wrong, but people mostly dodge my sweep.=)
But it's open a big world of options. Do two lights and than slow side heavy. Someone who try to dodge will take a hit. Do two lights and than GB.

As I metioned somewhere around the forum, I really like both new reworks. So cool to have OPTIONS. You should think what you are doing and find specific combos and playstyle to different opponents.
I have rep 3 on Valky already and a lot of cool/funny moments. The only sad thing here - another character I need to lvl up to rep 8 to customize visuals. T_T
But Ubi really did a great work on this new reworks. No doubt.

Yes the sweep is dodged very often. . But it also mean you can gb very often.

And the nice thing is you can access to this 50/50 in many many diff combo now! Light light and the sweep/GB was the only old way to do it but now you can use a very intense mix up to achieve it :)

And you even have another moment you can do it , when you soft feint a heavy for SB. . Or for gb or neutral in order to punish dash attacks.

That's very very nice and intense !

Valk was already a strategic fighting char but now in my opinion she is a mix up Queen :)
Very fun and challenging to Master.

I have 14 reps on her and still love it

SpaceJim12
08-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Yes the sweep is dodged very often. . But it also mean you can gb very often.

And the nice thing is you can access to this 50/50 in many many diff combo now! Light light and the sweep/GB was the only old way to do it but now you can use a very intense mix up to achieve it

And you even have another moment you can do it , when you soft feint a heavy for SB. . Or for gb or neutral in order to punish dash attacks.

That's very very nice and intense !

Valk was already a strategic fighting char but now in my opinion she is a mix up Queen
Very fun and challenging to Master.

I have 14 reps on her and still love it

Yep. Good to know some chars have real good rework. Not OP, not stupid nerf etc.

Anyone who think Valky is OP should try to play on her.=) Since Kensei rework I pretty sure it. I thought Kensei is stupid and overpowered after her rework. But than I played on him and understand so many things. And tips to play against him. Same with Valky now. Play on her and you guys will discover an amount of hard work you need to do to kill on Valky. But still so much fun now to dueling on her.
Just try her yourself and you will see.

bannex19
08-13-2018, 02:58 PM
It was most definitely not superior block. She took the hits, it was a combo and both landed. It looked exactly like hyper armor. She hit me with three lights and a sweep that took me from full health to death.

This was on ps4 dominion pvp beachhead map.

HazelrahFirefly
08-13-2018, 03:39 PM
It was most definitely not superior block. She took the hits, it was a combo and both landed. It looked exactly like hyper armor. She hit me with three lights and a sweep that took me from full health to death.

That's exactly how it can work - Light attack in the parry window for both of your attacks. It will appear as HA to the unknowing, she will take no damage, deliver damage to you, and be well into her chain.

As far as the sweep, I'm guessing that a lot of the reasons people don't dodge it is because it can still be delayed. Not as long a delay as pre-rework, but if you dodge right away even a 100ms difference will catch you.

Phenoloth
08-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Valk is definitely broken and glitches out when using her sweep and following attacks. It's sweeping allies that are in range as well and knocks back. The following attacks after that op sweep are faster then light and not only the first following attack. Please hotfix this it's ridiculous!!

Ubi-Lucipus
08-13-2018, 03:45 PM
We appreciate all the feedback and reports, if you can contribute to our dedicated thread about this over at Season 7 - Valkyrie Feedback (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1918986-Season-7-Valkyrie-Feedback), we'd really appreciate it! :)

Dry.Fish
08-13-2018, 04:36 PM
As far as the sweep, I'm guessing that a lot of the reasons people don't dodge it is because it can still be delayed. Not as long a delay as pre-rework, but if you dodge right away even a 100ms difference will catch you.
You can delay it even more with a left side heavy.

Also if the second attack in her chain is a heavy and if its blocked you can still initiate the sweep.

Siegfried-Z
08-13-2018, 07:31 PM

Hum i really believe this is superior block there as Hazel said and that confuse you.. we can see it as you talk about three lights and the sweep but the sweep can be land only as a third hit... so it is impossible for a Valk to do a Light - Might - Light - Sweep chain.. impossible.

I think it was sup Block light (which can chain) - top light probably (surprise effect + speed) and then sweep.

Yep. Good to know some chars have real good rework. Not OP, not stupid nerf etc.

Anyone who think Valky is OP should try to play on her.=) Since Kensei rework I pretty sure it. I thought Kensei is stupid and overpowered after her rework. But than I played on him and understand so many things. And tips to play against him. Same with Valky now. Play on her and you guys will discover an amount of hard work you need to do to kill on Valky. But still so much fun now to dueling on her.
Just try her yourself and you will see.

Yep exactly ;)

That's funny Because Kensei and Valk are my two mains haha (before rework even). But my Valk is only reps 14 because i was waiting the rework since i was rep 10 with ^^

Even Kensei, a lot of people are complaining but he has nothing impossible to react and to deal with... both of them are good rework and interesting char to fight with and agaisnt..

Valk is definitely broken and glitches out when using her sweep and following attacks. It's sweeping allies that are in range as well and knocks back. The following attacks after that op sweep are faster then light and not only the first following attack. Please hotfix this it's ridiculous!!

HAHA ok man you're argue are obvious ....

We appreciate all the feedback and reports, if you can contribute to our dedicated thread about this over at Season 7 - Valkyrie Feedback (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1918986-Season-7-Valkyrie-Feedback), we'd really appreciate it! :)

Already did overthere with this answer (summerize ) :

Overall the rework is good ! Nice Mix up and Shield bash work.

But here are my proposals for the next patch adjustments :

Buff back shield tackle (at least a little)
Put back headbutt in a parry punish moove like Warlord one
Remoove ally sweep

These 3 points would be very important i believe because you'll not makes her that much stronger BUT you gonna gave her back her Identity which is very important specially with Valk as players which used to Main her was doing it despite of her trash tier position because of her unique style and signature mooves :)

Thanks you so much hope you gonna send the message to the team Ubi-Lucipus :)))

HazelrahFirefly
08-13-2018, 09:12 PM

That's all intended, not any kind of bug. The heavy after a sweep is confirmed and started a chain, and it is supposed to sweep allies now in order to deter abuse.

RexXZ347
08-14-2018, 12:51 PM
We need to confirm from the devs if the unregistered superior block is intended or is a bug. Any developers there? Please reply.

SpaceJim12
08-14-2018, 01:52 PM
We need to confirm from the devs if the unregistered superior block is intended or is a bug. Any developers there? Please reply.

What do you mean? As far as I know, superior block was a part of Valky before rework. Warlord has it, and Valky has a lot in common with him in terms of defence.

yfkutfui
08-14-2018, 10:13 PM
....and every map was full of Valkyries spamming the sh!t out of the fast lights and working in tandem sweeping everyone,

it was so much fun......

no actually it was frustrating, exhausting and no fun whatsoever.

Siegfried-Z
08-15-2018, 03:50 AM
....and every map was full of Valkyries spamming the sh!t out of the fast lights and working in tandem sweeping everyone,

it was so much fun......

no actually it was frustrating, exhausting and no fun whatsoever.

Pooooor little boy. . A candy maybe would help you to feel better ?

Seriously 4v4 is far from beeing infested by Valk and even when some are there most are new Valk player not really good with.

You should complain about broken 4v4 Char as Raider or Conq !

Phenoloth
08-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Pooooor little boy. . A candy maybe would help you to feel better ?

Seriously 4v4 is far from beeing infested by Valk and even when some are there most are new Valk player not really good with.

You should complain about broken 4v4 Char as Raider or Conq !

Always a fun to read resistance posts from valks to an obviously broken set up to determine experience of other players facing broken mechanics.... 😂

Arekonator
08-15-2018, 11:29 AM
Its only natural that after rework, people are going to flock to that characters to check out whats new. The interest will go down after some time, and until that, we just have to suck it up.

yfkutfui
08-16-2018, 12:14 AM
sorry are you talking about R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 sweep R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 sweep R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 sweep R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 sweep?

when there's two of them its even more fun!!!

nah she not broken at all? we just need to Git Gud right?

Siegfried-Z
08-16-2018, 10:34 AM
sorry are you talking about R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 sweep R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 sweep R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 sweep R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 sweep?

when there's two of them its even more fun!!!

nah she not broken at all? we just need to Git Gud right?

First, if you have problem with a guy doiing only lights and sweep.. you're a beginner.
Second, most Valk now aren't doing that, they are more doing the mix up with heavies/SB/GB
Third, even if they were all doing that... Valk has a Triple hit combo, which mean the guy can do only two lights before the sweep... so.. very easy to punish if spam (best way to kill yourself).
Fourth, double lights plus sweep was the old combo Valk only has before.. and as only 2nd and 3rd lights plus side finisher has been speed up, it is mean if the guy always do light,light,sweep.. only the second one IF from the top is faster by 100ms than before. Which simply means you were already very bad at fighting Valk when she was still the worst char of the whole game.

So globally, you just have a lack of skill which is so obvious that it makes your post fun.

Always a fun to read resistance posts from valks to an obviously broken set up to determine experience of other players facing broken mechanics.... ��

So tell me please what is broken for you ? At least try to argue with something.

Armosias
08-16-2018, 10:47 AM
I'd also like to have videos took in arena or P2P sessions because right now the servers are in a bad state and may make you feel cheated by Valkyries when it was servers' lag which killed you

Illyrian_King
08-16-2018, 02:00 PM
Just give her back her backstep shieldcrush with full block in charge and it's all fine.

yfkutfui
08-16-2018, 04:10 PM
First, if you have problem with a guy doiing only lights and sweep.. you're a beginner.
Second, most Valk now aren't doing that, they are more doing the mix up with heavies/SB/GB
Third, even if they were all doing that... Valk has a Triple hit combo, which mean the guy can do only two lights before the sweep... so.. very easy to punish if spam (best way to kill yourself).
Fourth, double lights plus sweep was the old combo Valk only has before.. and as only 2nd and 3rd lights plus side finisher has been speed up, it is mean if the guy always do light,light,sweep.. only the second one IF from the top is faster by 100ms than before. Which simply means you were already very bad at fighting Valk when she was still the worst char of the whole game.

So globally, you just have a lack of skill which is so obvious that it makes your post fun.

So tell me please what is broken for you ? At least try to argue with something.

Valkyrie main gets all defensive and antagonistic to any criticisms of his character and unsurprisingly dismisses me and everyone else as a no skill noobs who needs to git gud,

who'd of thunk it?

RexXZ347
08-16-2018, 04:52 PM
IMO, valkyrie being in A/S tier isn't the problem. For me the problem is that some people here (like me) uses D, C, B tier characters and when we fight her. We feel that she is really strong to the point that we consider her OP. I think people who use A or S tier characters doesn't have problem with her. If they complain i think they need to practice more. But we players who uses lower tier characters needs our asses kicked until reworked of our mains comes.