PDA

View Full Version : Light attack Spammers

TheDonMega69
08-12-2018, 11:53 AM
In my opinion are light attack spammers the most annoying thing in For Honor, espacilly the Orochi and the Valkyrie. It is very hard to react to a 2nd light attack with 400ms speed or any other chain attack with the same speed if you got hit first. With an Assasin it is nearly impossible to block or even parry their fast chain attacks. Do you think that no chain attack should be faster than 500ms, so you can react to their attacks properly. I would like to hear what you think about it because I have serious problems with a 60Hz Monitor and 100+ FPS.

beerbariandh
08-12-2018, 05:18 PM
it wont change. only updates Ubi does are for characters that can be spammed. look what they did to Warden and Valk. Valk is almost as fast as Orochi now and they just keep doing the sweep on you. Warden now has a way longer range and plays like HL now. hit from far back and back off after their two light attacks. personally if this is the direction they go when they update characters than why not make assassins a full guard character? half the time when I move to block and attack as an assassin it doesn't work anyway. this game has turned into nothing but spammers and luck.

Keef739
08-12-2018, 05:36 PM
400 ms attacks are intended to be difficult to react to. They are not unreactable, and its your responsibility to hone your reflexes if you want to be able to defend it consistently.

Good players don't lose to light spam, and they damned sure don't whine about it. Change your mentality if you want to improve.

Coming from a console player that does just fine at 30 fps.

Sidebar: Assassins have ****ty timed guard that makes it more difficult to block for multiple reasons I don't feel like explaining. Either learn to work around it and cope with it or stop using assassins. I have rep 15~ PK, Shinobi, and Shaman and I don't use any of them anymore.

Akumu4Ever
08-12-2018, 05:56 PM
i find it annoying when im using an assassin for some reason i cant block them to save my life. yeah.... i dont use assassins anymore

jeffero77
08-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Some people don't want to devote their life to one game that has serious issues. Asking Ubisoft to make an approachable skill-based game that doesn't require lightning quick reflexes isn't that big of an ask.

The skill gap in this game is ridiculous and I fit somewhere in the middle tier probably.

Baturai
08-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Lights on Pc are suicide. the trade is too high... rarely use lights on Pc :/

AzureSky.
08-12-2018, 11:01 PM
high ranker here, it's currently impossible to parry 400ms chained lights on PC 72 hz monitor.

Im sure 144hz players with 1-20 ms can but that's really weird in people of 3rd world countries that the average is 35-60 ms, also on another note 5-20 ms players teleport to other players that are in the average (35-60) this happens in most of the fps games that have servers, they usually kill you faster, since this is also a reactionary game they look like they are teleporting to other players, same with (100+) players.

Keef739
08-12-2018, 11:31 PM
high ranker here, it's currently impossible to parry 400ms chained lights on PC 72 hz monitor.

I don't see the problem with this. It strikes a middle ground between regular chained 500ms lights that can be consistently parried and guaranteed double hits (PK, Shaman, Warden, Shinobi) that can't be defended against at all.

Even when I'm rusty and/or on drugs, I can block these 400ms attacks on XB1 with moderate consistency. Not being able to parry them is far from game-breaking. It's my job to defend the first light.

AzureSky.
08-12-2018, 11:52 PM
I don't see the problem with this. It strikes a middle ground between regular chained 500ms lights that can be consistently parried and guaranteed double hits (PK, Shaman, Warden, Shinobi) that can't be defended against at all.

Even when I'm rusty and/or on drugs, I can block these 400ms attacks on XB1 with moderate consistency. Not being able to parry them is far from game-breaking. It's my job to defend the first light.

i can block the first light, but if it connects (example a team fight using the first light on other character and then switching) it's practically impossible, yeah i can block 400 ms lights, the problem is that they can't be parried, that adds a new other lvl of safeness.

DefiledDragon
08-12-2018, 11:56 PM
i can block the first light, but if it connects (example a team fight using the first light on other character and then switching) it's practically impossible, yeah i can block 400 ms lights, the problem is that they can't be parried, that adds a new other lvl of safeness.

They can be parried, offline. Online? Not so much.