PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper needs a buff badly

generaltucker1
08-11-2018, 10:30 PM
Iíve played a decent amount of peacekeeper and in my time playing her I noticed almost all of her combos suck or can be easily blocked/parried/deflected and has a single unblockable. Iím not sure if this is just me but it seems like her highest damaging attack is the guardbreak stab move which is inconsistent at best in my experience. I think peacekeeper should get more combos and a buff to her damage numbers, she is a really cool character and was really good in the beta but since then she has been nothing but a shell of her former self. i almost never see anyone playing her and some people have gone so far as to send me messages telling me to stop playing her because she is ďgarbage,Ē. I think peacekeeper could be a truly amazing character if she got some major buffs but till then she is nothing more than a worse version of aramusha.

PanzerShrekonin
08-11-2018, 11:18 PM
Peacekeeper got a rework which essientally was a nerf to her. She got more combos with her dagger feints which are almost unreactable. Very close to it. She also can soft feint into a GB so its almost impossible to punish her anyway.

Peacekeeper is still one of hte stronger characters in the roster, but def has been taken down a few pegs

Sneakly20
08-11-2018, 11:48 PM
I agree that her rework was by far the worst. It was a bug fix and a quality of life change. Otherwise it was nerfs.

So far the only thing keeping her afloat is her zone and a few moves.

Her damage was lowered and her bleeds alone donít really help her out. Especially in dominion (until perks anyway). She is definitely a shell of her former self but she didnít drop as hard as she could have. She may be a little on the weaker side of things until the final reworks but Iím sure the devs will revisit her for a proper rework or buffs.

Me personally would love a fleshed out kit with more stuff and her zone go to 500ms. That was what everyone wanted.

PanzerShrekonin
08-12-2018, 12:01 AM
I agree that her rework was by far the worst. It was a bug fix and a quality of life change. Otherwise it was nerfs.

Her damage was lowered and her bleeds alone don’t really help her out. Especially in dominion (until perks anyway). She is definitely a shell of her former self but she didn’t drop as hard as she could have. She may be a little on the weaker side of things until the final reworks but I’m sure the devs will revisit her for a proper rework or buffs.

Me personally would love a fleshed out kit with more stuff and her zone go to 500ms. That was what everyone wanted.

I play in duels and brawls, and her bleeds stack up BIG time.

DefiledDragon
08-12-2018, 01:11 AM

Her damage was lowered and her bleeds alone don’t really help her out. Especially in dominion (until perks anyway). She is definitely a shell of her former self but she didn’t drop as hard as she could have. She may be a little on the weaker side of things until the final reworks but I’m sure the devs will revisit her for a proper rework or buffs.

I disagree that her bleeds don't help out, especially in dominion where PK puts a bleed on you then the Shaman you didn't notice standing 20 feet away comes flying out of nowhere and relieves you of most of your health while PK continues to wail on you as you're getting up. Also, I see plenty of PK's in 4 v 4 so she can't be that bad.

Awlkara
08-12-2018, 01:18 AM
Why do people continue to think that bleeds are a good thing or even viable?

It is much worse to it coming off in a chunk because that gives more time for the enemy to kill you...

If you only had 25 HP left and she bled you for 25 over the course of 10 seconds as opposed to instantly then is that even a good thing? That's 10 seconds of you losing your mind doing anything to kill the Peacekeeper because you know you will die in 10 seconds.

That's not a buff and anyone who gets mad at that is silly.

And her dagger being unreactable is a lie. I've met many people who consistently could tell if I would cancel my heavy into a Dagger or not. The Dagger Cancel being only a top heavy is why the mixup is not even good to begin with. She needs to be able to do it in all directions.

That little buff alone would make her amazing. She also needs to be able to attack much later in her dodge like everyone else can. Valkyie got that change with her rework so why didn't Peacekeeper?

That rework did nothing more than nerf her and give her a mixup that only goes top. Is that really even a buff?

PanzerShrekonin
08-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Shes fine as she is. There are many more characters in the roster that need to be looked at before her. DLC characters included.

Awlkara
08-12-2018, 01:32 AM
Shes fine as she is. There are many more characters in the roster that need to be looked at before her. DLC characters included.

What rep are you with Peacekeeper if I may ask?

PanzerShrekonin
08-12-2018, 01:55 AM
What rep are you with Peacekeeper if I may ask?

8. I dont play her really. Shes fun sometimes but never cared ofr her style.

Please dont use the rep arguement against me. I know what you were going to do with asking for my rep. I prefire your question with EVIDENCE.

http://static2.ubi.com/comdevs/FH_duel_winloss_matrix_layers.png

Peacekeeper WAS in fact broken since Beta. She has been top tier SINCE BETA, absolutely stomping the rest of the cast. Only Conq with his new rework had surpassed her.

Shaman did as well i think at hte beginning.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_duel_winloss_matrix_v4_small_320624.jpg

And PK was nerfed since beta, but she still remaiend top tier.

By far.

Now this rework happened and yes, i agre she feels weaker but I dont think shes SIGNIFICANTLY weaker.

PanzerShrekonin
08-12-2018, 02:00 AM
Lets go further down the rabbit hole actually.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_4x4_winloss_matrix_v2-final_320486.jpg

Peacekeeper season 4 and 5((Apparently they only did these recaps for 4 and 5))

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-ca/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_4x4_winloss_matrix_layers_resized_326348.jpg

As you can see, Peacekeeper in both 4 and 5((Season 6 was her rework)) she was s till top tier 4 v 4. Top 4.

Awlkara
08-12-2018, 02:30 AM
All you are showing me is stuff before her rework which is meaningless.

PanzerShrekonin
08-12-2018, 02:31 AM
All you are showing me is stuff before her rework which is meaningless.

Correct. Its meaningless right now to go into if shes bad or good. I dont think she's as bad as people say she is. She's defintly not the worst of the cast but yea, shes been knocked down and thats good.

Granted, i dont know why we have these new reworks boosting htem up to the best but whatever.

PK needed a nerf. End of story.

I still have PK PTSD.

Awlkara
08-12-2018, 02:37 AM
Correct. Its meaningless right now to go into if shes bad or good. I dont think she's as bad as people say she is. She's defintly not the worst of the cast but yea, shes been knocked down and thats good.

Granted, i dont know why we have these new reworks boosting htem up to the best but whatever.

PK needed a nerf. End of story.

I still have PK PTSD.
She lacks efficient mixup and her damage is insanely low.

I do not speak as someone who has ever played the old Peacekeeper because I don't know what that is like.

Your PK PTSD has nothing to do with the fact that her mixup is limited to a soft feint into GB or Top light which people begin to see.

She can't even execute someone who is on their last bar.

Balancing a class is one thing but being knocked down is not how we should view it. If that is the case then that shows your bias.

PK definitely needs help, the only ones saying otherwise are those with trauma like yours from how she used to be.

Helnekromancer
08-12-2018, 02:59 AM
She just feels bad to play. She doesn't do enough damage to kill anyone before the deathball rolls in, she's a support assassin who kidney stabs you when you aren't looking.

And at this time there's always 1-2 Wardens on the enemy team who negate my bleed entirely so what do I do now, Run? His 10ft gap closer kills me.

I don't main PK but when I have a knight/assassin order that's need to be done, I play her.

PanzerShrekonin
08-12-2018, 03:13 AM
As I said before. She could use a little tune up. I would like to see heavy attacks on GB((Doesn't apply the bleed from the light)) and maybe another combo or something.

However, her damage does not need to be higher because of how fast she is.

That being said, she is in no way NEEDING an IMMEDIATE look at.

Most of the other cast needs it more.

Warlord, Raider, Shugoki, Lawbringer to name a few. And thats just the regular cast. Nubushi could use one too((A proper one))

Then you have the DLC characters that have needed it more than she did.

MarshalMoriarty
08-12-2018, 03:59 AM
The real problem is that the rework completely failed in its stated aims. To make her less cancerous in how she plays whilst also making her more of a fleshed out and interesting character to play. That would have been great, but instead they just hacked her damage numbers down, gave stacked bleeds, no new moves to speak of and called it a day.

It didn't satisfy anyone. PK players feel like they were run over by a train and everyone else still finds her playstyle irritating as hell to fight.

Awlkara
08-12-2018, 04:31 AM
The real problem is that the rework completely failed in its stated aims. To make her less cancerous in how dhe plays whilst also making her more a fleshed out and interesting character to play. That would have been great, but instead they just hacked her damage numbers down, gave stacked bleeds, no new moves to speak of and called it a day.

It didn't satisfy anyone. PK players feel like they were run over by a train and everyone else still finds her playstyle irritating as hell to fight.

Thank you because you actually see this in an unbiased light.

Most people just say "blah blah old PK was broken therefore she is fine now haha you just want old PK back" when in reality what we wanted was a rework.

Not a bunch of nerfs and a piss poor mixup game.

dinosaurlicker
08-12-2018, 05:08 AM
Speaking of the rework being ****, I thought about maybe making her bleed cause a damage debuff on enemies. This way her role as the ďpeacekeeperĒ would be solidified, bleed would be worthwhile rather than just slower damage, and it would also better enable her to play around the edges of a team fight and single out targets for assassination. Of course this would be OP without other changes, but maybe we should nerf her Zone and give her one more move

Awlkara
08-12-2018, 05:27 AM
The changes I'd make are as follows:

1. Let her attack 300ms into her dodge like other heroes so we can actually delay it properly and react like all other heroes.

2. Let her Dagger Cancel work in all three directions.

3. Buff her heavy damage to 25 so she can execute opponents on their last bar.

4. Make her bleed tick faster like all other bleeds.

Illyrian_King
08-12-2018, 11:36 AM
PK is fine.

SHe is still fast asf and pretty unpredictable.

It just takes more time to kill someone.

Pincopallino097
08-12-2018, 12:23 PM
PK is fine.

SHe is still fast and pretty unpredictable.

It just takes more time to kill someone.

This, no pk buff needed. Here my experience in ranked duel (diamond tier): she uses a lot of lights in different directions and the first strike of the air attack, with a lot of soft feints into bleed attack and gb. I often keep my guard to the right but her lights in toher directions are very fast and if used with the mecessary variantins and feints are very good. Bleed is ok as it accumulates with her max punish that is really big (gb a no-stamina enemy, make 2 bleeds, knock him down, hravy jump attack + bleed attack)

Awlkara
08-12-2018, 04:10 PM
This, no pk buff needed. Here my experience in ranked duel (diamond tier): she uses a lot of lights in different directions and the first strike of the air attack, with a lot of soft feints into bleed attack and gb. I often keep my guard to the right but her lights in toher directions are very fast and if used with the mecessary variantins and feints are very good. Bleed is ok as it accumulates with her max punish that is really big (gb a no-stamina enemy, make 2 bleeds, knock him down, hravy jump attack + bleed attack)

console or pc?

Pincopallino097
08-12-2018, 05:32 PM
console or pc?

Pc

Sweaty_Sock
08-12-2018, 05:58 PM
I'd agree with the above few posts- shes plenty dangerous right now & others need to love more. If you don't agree jump into duels with any of those chars listed by others above, they either are weak overall or have several characters that counter them so hard the fight is almost impossible without a major difference in skill level

PK used to rely upon a couple of her attacks being abused (RIP zone cancel), now she relies upon a more methodical playstyle over a greater period of time. I've versed scary PK's post rework (at least at higher tiers in my region) - they apply the right pressure at the right time now. Shes not the most powerful, but shes certainly not the worst

dinosaurlicker
08-12-2018, 06:03 PM
The changes I'd make are as follows:

1. Let her attack 300ms into her dodge like other heroes so we can actually delay it properly and react like all other heroes.

2. Let her Dagger Cancel work in all three directions.

3. Buff her heavy damage to 25 so she can execute opponents on their last bar.

4. Make her bleed tick faster like all other bleeds.

I would agree with this if it werenít for the fact that PK would become a Shaman copy paste. She just needs another move to go along with her dagger cancel.

dinosaurlicker
08-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Pc

So basically youíre talking about gold for console? PCís nonexistent playerbase means the ranks are heavily skewed towards the top, hence why everybody and their mom is diamond and above.

PK doesnít need a buff, she needs a tradeoff. Nerf one aspect of her while buffing another to make her more interesting and enjoyable to play both as and against.

Pincopallino097
08-12-2018, 06:59 PM
So basically youíre talking about gold for console? PCís nonexistent playerbase means the ranks are heavily skewed towards the top, hence why everybody and their mom is diamond and above.

PK doesnít need a buff, she needs a tradeoff. Nerf one aspect of her while buffing another to make her more interesting and enjoyable to play both as and against.
Ranks are assigned by %, playerbase doesn't mean anything, they will always be split according to %, diamond is 10% I think, but I am not sure, btw pc playerbase is not that weak, especially with all those copies given away. Btw here the activities:
-dominion: very high
-duel: medium/high
-brawl: medium/high
-duel ranked:low/medium generally, high when ranks are resetted
-deathmatch: low
-tribute: low/medium

dinosaurlicker
08-12-2018, 07:16 PM
Lol PC still has less than 6,000 active players while console has somewhere between 100,000 and 1,000,000 players (not sure)

Even if youíre ranked based on percent the lack of competition still matters. If there are less people above you then it requires fewer wins to move on. Especially when you play against the same people over and over.

Sweaty_Sock
08-12-2018, 07:24 PM

I enjoy playing against PK. I know people who enjoy playing as PK. Maybe she's just not the character for you?

Before mocking PC players - PK is more powerful on console (how you play her) - if shes still functioning against the PC parries then...

And no, i'm not bias, I'm a console pleb.

Pincopallino097
08-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Lol PC still has less than 6,000 active players while console has somewhere between 100,000 and 1,000,000 players (not sure)

Even if youíre ranked based on percent the lack of competition still matters. If there are less people above you then it requires fewer wins to move on. Especially when you play against the same people over and over.

6000 on steam, I am from uplay only like all my friends and those that got the game for free around e3 + all the others that like me bought there, we don't count on steam.... captain obvious

dinosaurlicker
08-12-2018, 07:31 PM
6000 on steam, I am from uplay only like all my friends and those that got the game for free around e3 + all the others that like me bought there, we don't count on steam.... captain obvious

Still doesnít change the fact that there are significantly fewer players on PC, like 10% of the population

dinosaurlicker
08-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Itís not about how good she is. Whoever enjoys playing a 2 dimensional hero with 1 mixup must have never played anyone else

Pincopallino097
08-12-2018, 07:41 PM
Still doesnít change the fact that there are significantly fewer players on PC, like 10% of the population

You say it, we don't know the exact numbers, btw you can watch on yt diamond matches, many famous youtubers are placed there and are on pc, btw the obly thing they can do with pk is changing how heavies work, they are nearly useless but not buffing her, they need to balance the change anyway.

Sweaty_Sock
08-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Itís not about how good she is. Whoever enjoys playing a 2 dimensional hero with 1 mixup must have never played anyone else

You just described the old PK perfectly :)

People like different things, if they didnt we may as well all just have the same movesets on each character with various timings, like the earlier suggestions to turn PK into Shaman. There is already one of those

I love the way LB looks, and wish he wasn't the playstyle he is so I could enjoy playing him. But hes like that, and some people like it.

MarshalMoriarty
08-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Yes, a lot of people used to play her because she was op. But many others played her because they just like the character and hoped she would one day get the rework to have more variety. And there are people like me who would play her if that were to happen (I like the idea of PK but her playstyle is pure cancer).

The rework did nothing for those who care about the character being an interesting member of the roster. It just weeded out the true 'only play a character if they're super op' crowd. That's a really poor way of doing it. The fact it was branded a rework was even worse. If they had simply said it was a nerf like everyone knows it was, PK players at least could have pinned their hopes on a proper rework in future.

AConstantini4
08-17-2018, 11:50 PM

Her damage was lowered and her bleeds alone donít really help her out. Especially in dominion (until perks anyway). She is definitely a shell of her former self but she didnít drop as hard as she could have. She may be a little on the weaker side of things until the final reworks but Iím sure the devs will revisit her for a proper rework or buffs.

Completely agree. Granted I think shes been progressively been nerfed more and more. Her whole moveset is dependent on her dodging. But shes limited to one dodge now (in a short span) and her attacks are far too predictable. Especially when compared to an example like Orochi who is nearly unstoppable because they're so fast. PK supposed to be fastest hero but attacks are far too slow.