PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Duel Issues

Gianturion
08-11-2018, 12:49 PM
So today I decided to give Ranked Duel a try and see how it goes,my main is Shugoki. This mode basically shows exactly what's wrong with this game,i'm going to make a list of issues and my personal suggestions to try and fix them.

- Turtle: Turtling is still a thing,especially when you're fighting Lawbringers and Conquerors (every match ever). They enjoy staring at you and doing nothing while parrying even your light attacks. This happens with Orochis and Berserkers too because they have deflect and high damage. My suggestion is to give debuffs whenever you don't attack or you feint everytime for at least 10 seconds. You can remove the debuff attacking at least 2 or 3 times during the next 15 seconds (if you only attack once you won't get more debuffs). This may sound harsh and I'm not totally sure about this one but it would certainly force the two players to attack and not turtle for the entire match. HOWEVER,this fix will destroy Lawbringers and Shugokis,so here comes my rant: REWORK THEM,SERIOUSLY.

- Running away from the duel: It happened recently with a Conqueror who dealt some damage and immediately ran away spamming RAHs (RAH!) and he won the match. My point is: why is this a thing? Just why? Why do I get to lose the match because I'm slow? My suggestion is to give a debuff to the one running away and a buff to the one being taunted,much like the normal Duel.

- Warden: Look,I get it,you all enjoy the rework and I'm happy about it. But he seriously needs some adjusting. First off his shoulder bash,why do I still get hit even if I dodged? I literally got ledged even though I dodged successfully. And why the hell does he deal the same damage as Shugoki with a top heavy? Imagine being a Shugoki,no hyper armor (so 25% more damage received) and getting stomped with a top heavy because Warden can. Does it feel balanced? I'm not asking for a huge nerf because Warden deserved the rework,he just needs some adjustments without ruining the character.

- Berserker: This will be short,don't worry. The only issue I find with Berserker is that he gains hyper armor with a feint. Why? Why does he need a single feint to get hyper armor?

- Matchmaking: Seriously,either I stomp newbies or I get stomped by mlg pros.

I know this is more like a rant and you won't agree with some points (i'm really angry right now) but please,at least post your thoughts and suggestions to make this a good thread.

Pincopallino097
08-11-2018, 01:02 PM
So today I decided to give Ranked Duel a try and see how it goes,my main is Shugoki. This mode basically shows exactly what's wrong with this game,i'm going to make a list of issues and my personal suggestions to try and fix them.

- Turtle: Turtling is still a thing,especially when you're fighting Lawbringers and Conquerors (every match ever). They enjoy staring at you and doing nothing while parrying even your light attacks. This happens with Orochis and Berserkers too because they have deflect and high damage. My suggestion is to give debuffs whenever you don't attack or you feint everytime for at least 10 seconds. You can remove the debuff attacking at least 2 or 3 times during the next 15 seconds (if you only attack once you won't get more debuffs). This may sound harsh and I'm not totally sure about this one but it would certainly force the two players to attack and not turtle for the entire match. HOWEVER,this fix will destroy Lawbringers and Shugokis,so here comes my rant: REWORK THEM,SERIOUSLY.

- Running away from the duel: It happened recently with a Conqueror who dealt some damage and immediately ran away spamming RAHs (RAH!) and he won the match. My point is: why is this a thing? Just why? Why do I get to lose the match because I'm slow? My suggestion is to give a debuff to the one running away and a buff to the one being taunted,much like the normal Duel.

- Warden: Look,I get it,you all enjoy the rework and I'm happy about it. But he seriously needs some adjusting. First off his shoulder bash,why do I still get hit even if I dodged? I literally got ledged even though I dodged successfully. And why the hell does he deal the same damage as Shugoki with a top heavy? Imagine being a Shugoki,no hyper armor (so 25% more damage received) and getting stomped with a top heavy because Warden can. Does it feel balanced? I'm not asking for a huge nerf because Warden deserved the rework,he just needs some adjustments without ruining the character.

- Berserker: This will be short,don't worry. The only issue I find with Berserker is that he gains hyper armor with a feint. Why? Why does he need a single feint to get hyper armor?

- Matchmaking: Seriously,either I stomp newbies or I get stomped by mlg pros.

I know this is more like a rant and you won't agree with some points (i'm really angry right now) but please,at least post your thoughts and suggestions to make this a good thread.
I agree about berserker, he forces you to defend yourself when he start his chains, he is not easy to parry because he is very fast and makes many feints and if you hit him when he has ha you get a heavy punish.
About shugoki I agree that he needs some love too but I am not a shugoki main or playes him too much so I leave suggestions to others.

But I disagree about warden, his new sb tracking is good, not perfect but good, he needed it with the removal of gb feint or the mobe would have been too much risky in my opinion and not worth the reward