PDA

View Full Version : Ubi why do you devide ranked comunity, when you told you won't?

voiddp
08-10-2018, 11:22 PM
On previous stream when changes to ranked were presented i clearly remember they told that there will be either ranked duels OR tournament. Now you enabled both. And well as expected tournament is still "low activity" when duels have medium and because of that bad matchmaking again and 8 people tournaments
So why its like that? Cant we for a 3 days play tournament and not duels like we were told earlier. I really want bigger and more balanced tournaments for at least 3-6 days per month like you have in roadmap.
But you need to disable duels for ranked community, that started to become a thing, to participate there. Because now duels are just faster and more balanced and fun to play.

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2018, 11:47 PM
That was the original intention, yes, the thing is that when ranked started this season a lot of people were preserving their KD at the expense of people who should have got the ranking points getting nothing. The devs brought in measures to counteract this but they said because of how it started they want to keep the duel option there this time around for those who got affected by this the worst and want feedback on if that is what people would want every weekend they do a tournament.

Personally I feel not splitting the community is the better move but this time is a case of being fair to as many people as they can be.

voiddp
08-11-2018, 12:17 AM
By your answer I can guess that it was at yesterdays den? Maybe in the part I missed.

Good to know that for next tournaments they still plan to disable duels. Just expected something else and was wandering.