PDA

View Full Version : The angst over For Honor and why that won't ever change.

Archeun
08-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Greetings fellow players. For Honor has many different players. These players have different personalities, different systems and different ideas on what is or isn't acceptable. On these forums I've seen a great deal of helpful comments and I've also seen constant hypocrisy. In the end, For Honor is a video game. It's supposed to be fun. For some of us, the game is a mixture of love and hatred.

I've left this game before. I find leaving it for a period of time helps it not be as infuriating. Some patches are helpful and some patches make you want to pull your hair out.

For Honor has some players who are ridiculously good. They are capable of blocking/parrying and reacting to you before you even realize it. Unfortunately; you also have many of individuals who utilize bots and software which allows them to obtain an unfair advantage. It's difficult to figure out who is good and who is cheating. You have to also look at your own skill level. That's not my opinion; the cheating is known about, verified and far more rampant than people would like to admit. When you point it out; you will be mocked and told to Git Gud.

I have been devoted to For Honor since it launched. I love the idea of this game. Each season has seen large changes occur. Some of these changes have been good and some are horrible. The classes continue to change. I still see a great deal of "turtling" in order to bait attacks. I see a great deal of light spam.

I won't speak for everyone but many of us are absolutely fed up with the game. I have 4 friends that have quit For Honor and will never return. The game has left that bad of a impression on them. I've left the game more than once myself and every day people advise that they are quitting or leaving for a while.

The forums have a great deal of helpful information and like any other title, spam. It also has very different viewpoints. In the end; the forums have the same issue America has right now. Very divided ideas and opinions.

I'm not sure what the answer is anymore. When they fix 1 issue; something else comes up to make it worse.

The 1 thing, that For Honor certainly has, is a passionate player base. We want this game to evolve and most importantly, improve. As long as you have a sizable portion of the player base (which is evident in the large number of complaints every week from players) that has so much anger and angst towards the direction of the game; I don't know that any real solutions which will make everyone happy will ever be found.

I'm sick of playing Dominion. That mode is really the main mode in the game. Ubisoft desperately needs to create new modes for players. I think some significant new modes could help out with the angst from players. I think a widespread attempt to remove cheaters is absolutely vital but how do you know who is good and who is cheating? I've been in fights where I could not land a blow. Every attack was parried or blocked. Feinting didn't help. Direction didn't help.

Another thing I've noticed is characters being capable of blocking/parrying hits from multiple directions while NOT under the effects of revenge. I don't know when that started.

The bottom line is some people will never be happy with For Honor and some will always be happy with it. Some people can find all the faults with it and some can find none.

In the end, no matter what game you play; someone will be unhappy. As long as human nature is human nature; that angst isn't going anywhere. I sincerely hope the game improves from it's current state. People get tired of playing a title that gives them 50% pleasure and 50% aggravation. While many of the "Git Gud" crowd may be happy to see people who have complaints leave; they won't when the player base is gone. Marching Fire I'm hopeful will address many of the complaints people are having and bring in a cast of characters who are balanced and fun to play. I won't lie though. I'm not all that hopeful.

DefiledDragon
08-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Haha, Marching fire. I'm looking forward to trying the Chinese factions heroes. From what I've seen of them, however, I think they will be the most divisive additions to the game yet. Even more so than Centurion and Shaman. Must remember to stock up on popcorn just before release day.

frewbear
08-11-2018, 03:58 AM
It will be one more disappointment piled on top. This game was best when it was released. But people find a reason to complain. The "turtle meta" was it. It was a problem but not impossible to overcome without patience. Every character was cool and had their own feel. Then idiots cried and cried until everything has been dumbed down to be the same. Ultimately, the only difference will be your character's look. Everyone will be a lightspammer with an unblockable and a "signature" (probably useless) move. All that matters is Steel sales and the fact that everyone will be forced to buy the newest characters to remain "competitive". Which only means "to not get annihilated every match" in For Honor terms. It is a system, and it works (for Ubi) and it doesnt consider whether you like it or not.

dinosaurlicker
08-12-2018, 03:38 AM
Lol Iíve seen this coming since season 2. All they needed to do was add in 50% chip damage, end critical health regen, make chip kill, and make all attacks 500ms or slower. Boom. No need for reworks, no need for 50/50s, no need for unblockable spam. Then despite the need to rework berserk they came out with aramusha, berserker v2 😂

frewbear
08-12-2018, 04:55 AM
My favourite dinosaur is a Dilophosaurus. I would never lick one, though. I hope they add one soon. It would be like a Shinobi with ranged bleed, and a gnarly frill. My new main, Mr. Licker. At this point, why not?

dinosaurlicker
08-12-2018, 04:59 AM
My favourite dinosaur is a Dilophosaurus. I would never lick one, though. I hope they add one soon. It would be like a Shinobi with ranged bleed, and a gnarly frill. My new main, Mr. Licker. At this point, why not?

Itís ok I feel the same. At least until this hero comes out we can put a mohawk on the berserker so he looks like a dinosaur 😁

Helnekromancer
08-12-2018, 06:08 AM
My last hope is Siege Mode the mode that needs teamwork and communication in order to complete the objective.

I've played this game since alpha on Xbox and the last time I saw a player with a mic was in Season 1 Dominion after that, PvP Dominion just feels like playing against and with toxic bots.

Dominion has long been ruined and will always be a brainless deathball pit and it turns the most calmest person into a angry toxic player. This upcoming mode will be fun, I haven't had "fun" in For Honor in awhile.

DefiledDragon
08-12-2018, 05:06 PM

I don't like to play heavies, but I would play a T-Rex if we had one. Come on Ubi, make it happen!