PDA

View Full Version : Devs took the wrong path with this game

dinosaurlicker
08-10-2018, 07:51 PM
The only thing that the devs needed to do back in season two or three, was make chip damage 50% and make all bashes punishable. Then there would be no need for all these cancerous bash 50/50s, unpunishable neutral bash bs, and overall spamming of bashes and 400 ms light attacks. It’s stupid.

With 50% chip damage, people would be forced to parry eventually, especially of chip damage killed. No need for ******ed bashes. This game should have been based around ATTACKS, not this ******ed unblockable unparryable unpunishable (in some cases) bashes. And what is laughable is that, despite them going down this path, they came out with a hero like Aramusha. What the **** were you thinking? You legit released a hero in a game in which chip damage is nonexistent and you can never win an even skill 1v1 without a bash. Like hello? Aramusha is basically pre-rework berserker. Except he was the last DLC hero to be released. And he was released with shaman, a ****ing ridiculously broken hero with 400 ms heavies that track you across the map and can be feinted.

This bash **** makes the game unfun. Literally should have listened to everyone and just increased chip damage. I’m sick of guessing wrong in 50/50s that give free 40+ danage or get me ledged. This game has degraded into cancer, ESPECIALLY FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS. Only like 5% of us can parry 400ms light attacks on console, and even then we’re straight reacting the moment the indicator pops up. 400ms light attacks are way too fast for console players.

“bUt tHEy’rE ReAcTAble oN PC!”
Literally shut up and don’t say this. PC has a nonexistent playerbase despite the entire week of it being free it doesn’t even have close to 10,000 active players, while console has over 90% of For Honor’s active player base. SO BALANCE IT FOR ****ING CONSOLE DEVS. 400ms IS TOO FAST. Why are you deadset on balancing it for PC? NOBODY PLAYS ON PC. Legit every single person complaining about being unable to find a game is a PC player. Everybody and their mom is grandmaster on PC because nobody plays it. EVERYBODY IS ON CONSOLE. SO BALANCE IT FOR CONSOLE. GET RID OF THIS BASH SPAM CANCER, AND GET RID OF 400ms OPENERS.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-10-2018, 08:28 PM
If I could describe what happened to For Honor in one sentence, I would say it used to be very close to actual fighting simulator and now is just a hack-and-slash type of game.

DefiledDragon
08-10-2018, 08:47 PM
The only thing that the devs needed to do back in season two or three, was make chip damage 50% and make all bashes punishable. Then there would be no need for all these cancerous bash 50/50s, unpunishable neutral bash bs, and overall spamming of bashes and 400 ms light attacks. It’s stupid.

With 50% chip damage, people would be forced to parry eventually, especially of chip damage killed. No need for ******ed bashes. This game should have been based around ATTACKS, not this ******ed unblockable unparryable unpunishable (in some cases) bashes. And what is laughable is that, despite them going down this path, they came out with a hero like Aramusha. What the **** were you thinking? You legit released a hero in a game in which chip damage is nonexistent and you can never win an even skill 1v1 without a bash. Like hello? Aramusha is basically pre-rework berserker. Except he was the last DLC hero to be released. And he was released with shaman, a ****ing ridiculously broken hero with 400 ms heavies that track you across the map and can be feinted.

This bash **** makes the game unfun. Literally should have listened to everyone and just increased chip damage. I’m sick of guessing wrong in 50/50s that give free 40+ danage or get me ledged. This game has degraded into cancer, ESPECIALLY FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS. Only like 5% of us can parry 400ms light attacks on console, and even then we’re straight reacting the moment the indicator pops up. 400ms light attacks are way too fast for console players.

“bUt tHEy’rE ReAcTAble oN PC!”
Literally shut up and don’t say this. PC has a nonexistent playerbase despite the entire week of it being free it doesn’t even have close to 10,000 active players, while console has over 90% of For Honor’s active player base. SO BALANCE IT FOR ****ING CONSOLE DEVS. 400ms IS TOO FAST. Why are you deadset on balancing it for PC? NOBODY PLAYS ON PC. Legit every single person complaining about being unable to find a game is a PC player. Everybody and their mom is grandmaster on PC because nobody plays it. EVERYBODY IS ON CONSOLE. SO BALANCE IT FOR CONSOLE. GET RID OF THIS BASH SPAM CANCER, AND GET RID OF 400ms OPENERS.

On average, they're barely reactable on PC simply because of ping. A 400ms attack when you have a ping of 20-30 and your opponent has a ping of 20-30 is almost a 300ms attack. I can parry Orochi lights locally against AI all day, I've done it once online and it was because I guessed the attack direction rather than reacting. The game is designed for local multiplayer and anything other than a flawless connection to all players results in frustration, being hit by attacks that you know you blocked in time, being GB when you know you countered it and having attacks blocked that you saw land.

50/50's wouldn't be so bad if they didn't offer guaranteed damage as a reward, but as it is the game is turning into rock paper scissors, where you both try to guess what the other player is going to do. I've beaten players that were clearly better at the game than me just because they guessed wrong and dodge when I GB and counter GB when I bashed. I didn't feel skillful, I just knew I had got lucky. If the executions in the game weren't so satisfying I likely wouldn't be playing it anymore because winning fights is as much about luck as anything else with most of the roster.

If I had to guess at why Ubi is going this route I would say that they're attempting to lower the skill ceiling and give all players a chance of winning based on luck alone.

Darkmight_cz
08-10-2018, 08:53 PM
It's really sad but mostly true

David_gorda
08-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Yep agreed. This had potential to be an awesome Game but the devs failed big time. Shame :(

Knight_Raime
08-10-2018, 09:26 PM
Increasing chip damage doesn't matter because critical health regen existed. And even after it got removed chip doesn't kill. So increasing it past a certain point is essentially meaningless.
All bashes/moves are punishable. Just in different ways. I assume you mean on reaction. The devs specifically are moving away from being largely reaction based due to the pacing of the game not being enjoyable on top of people demanding a more challenging game closer to a traditional fighter. This means things have to be less reactable and more mind game based.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Well, they could have added stamina cost for blocking, and problem solved.

I can't agree that fighting game should be based on predictions because then we are talking about luck and chances. Fighting game should be reaction based because then it is more about skill and reflexes.

fadedsun2011
08-10-2018, 10:49 PM
Its actually really ridiculous when you think about it. A few months ago multiple publications claimed For Honor had over a million unique players a month. With the vast majority being on PS4. As of writing this post steam has 4,747 players in game. (No idea how many are on Uplay at the moment.) Yet for some reason the game seems to constantly be balanced with PC in mind. I honestly cant fathom why.

Ive been playing the game since beta on PS4. I constantly read the forums but never felt the need to post until today. I think most of us have been more then patient with this game, but considering the light attack/bash spam AND the new performance drops its time for consoles to receive some specific adjustments to timing windows. That or find a way to get everyone up to 60fps. I really don't think this is a unreasonable request, especially considering the population DATA. ;)

NinjaRonin85
08-10-2018, 11:53 PM
Yep did some ranked duels rep 144 on ps4 had to fight rep 1 orochi, I was fainting heavy attacks left and right but all he had to do was press r1 in any direction his latency was 80+ and I could do nothing was lucky to even block an attack, so whats the point of ranked? What's the point of playing slow heroes?
What's the point of getting skilled at the game if all it takes to win is lag and 400ms attacks?
The game is ruined on console all so 1% of 5k players on pc can have a "balanced" 1vs1. Season 8 will be even worse on console.

That_guy44
08-10-2018, 11:58 PM
The second big tourney showed me the light. I entered the prelims with over 200 people. 200 people in my region(PS4 NA-east) signed on for this tournament. And this was the First round! I checked the PC side of things. They had 27. And 3 people knew each other. Hell, PC south America region had 12 people. So consoles players had to beat out 1k players in round after round just to get a ticket to the final tournament. PC players fought 3 or 4 matches and went about their day. The prize winnings for PC were equivalent to consoles winnings. How does that makes sense, when when the console winner had to win 7+ matches in a row just to get to the final tournament?

Erhanninja
08-11-2018, 02:18 AM
Unfortunately currently game is unplayable from because of light attack spam, bash and UB.

It’s fine and all that in 1v1 but most players play 4v4.

Most of the console players don’t play 1v1 anymore God forbid to come across light attack spam.

Even Ranked there is barely any people. I had to fight same guy 5 times in a row other day.

HazelrahFirefly
08-11-2018, 02:25 AM
This is all why Orochi is basically my main (still trying to determine the new Valk). He's the hero who, as THE counter-attacker, is most about reaction instead of prediction. For Honor is moving more and more toward reaction and it's getting ugly as can be.

DefiledDragon
08-11-2018, 03:05 AM
This is all why Orochi is basically my main (still trying to determine the new Valk). He's the hero who, as THE counter-attacker, is most about reaction instead of prediction. For Honor is moving more and more toward reaction and it's getting ugly as can be.

I would say it's moving more and more towards a guessing game more than anything. How do you react to Warden's bash? Do you dodge? Bad luck, he cancelled into guard break. Do you counter guard break? Unlucky, he let it go. Do you go for a light attack? Shame, he feinted it and parried you. In my opinion, this level of ability to deceive your opponent is taking all the strategy and skill out of the game and turning it into a guess my next move spam fest until the defending player either guesses correctly, or the attacker runs out of stamina then it's the other guys turn while the attackers stamina rebuilds then just swap places. Repeat until somebody's head comes off...

That_guy44
08-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Against wardens I make sure I always have enough stamina to roll away. That way I dont pkay into his 50/50.

dinosaurlicker
08-12-2018, 03:27 AM
Increasing chip damage doesn't matter because critical health regen existed. And even after it got removed chip doesn't kill. So increasing it past a certain point is essentially meaningless.
All bashes/moves are punishable. Just in different ways. I assume you mean on reaction. The devs specifically are moving away from being largely reaction based due to the pacing of the game not being enjoyable on top of people demanding a more challenging game closer to a traditional fighter. This means things have to be less reactable and more mind game based.

Tbh I thought that you would understand that other things would have to be changed once chip damage is increased. The reason chip damage doesn’t kill is because they didn’t want to go down this path, as I said. Why should it kill when there are cancerous bashes to spam and kill?

And no, not everything is punishable by everybody. Aramusha and Shugoki can’t punish conq’s neutral shield bash after dodging it unless they dodge within the 50/50 range of the startup. And “in one way or another”, is not good enough