PDA

View Full Version : Feedback PC Assassin's Creed 2 PC needs a fix for the shadows

NicNamSam
08-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Ubisoft should think about making a small update to Assassin's Creed 2 on PC in regards to the shadow draw distance. Many shadows don't appear until you're very close, and it's extremely distracting and looks terrible. Modern PCs can handle a further draw distance. There has to be some internal setting in the code for this. I can't imagine that the shadow draw distance is too complicated to update. I've used CheatEngine to change the resolutions of the shadows to 4000, so far shadows that appear look nice and sharp, but there are still many shadows that don't appear at all unless you are a few feet away. I don't have AC Brotherhood or Revelations installed, so I don't know if the shadow situation is the same in those games as well.

Swailing
08-17-2018, 11:03 PM
Seconded. I'm not usually one to call for reduxes, since I'd rather see full remakes, but in the case of AC2 and ACB just a change in shadows and lighting would improve so much about the games.

Aside from draw distance issues, it's also a problem when you see shadows close up. The beginning of ACB is really jarring because of the lo-res shadows in the cutscenes.