PDA

View Full Version : Going on hiatus.

Knight_Raime
08-10-2018, 05:01 AM
Only making this thread because I know many people actually depend on me for information. I haven't been able to enjoy ranked ever since I placed. Nearly every match has been against someone who clearly deserves to be placed higher than me tier wise or like tonight someone who quit out on me after I won so I didn't get any rank up progress.
Not to mention since season 7 has dropped i've continually ran into more people who's latency fluctuates wildly or is consistently above 100 making things pretty much unreactable for me causing me to lose.

To make matters worse for whatever reason I could not find a match in ANY game mode that wasn't ranked. I sat in duel que twice for almost 10 minutes total and tried a minute or so in both brawl and dominion. But I could easily find a match in ranked? Also side note why can we even end up fighting a bot in ranked? and why does beating the bot not give any rank up?

It's all of this combined with the sheer amount of toxicity and complaints that's been gradually eating away at me. I just can't. This stuff physically stresses me out which is impacting my health problems. So i'm taking a leave that I hope is only temporary. I might still pop in to post on here or the competitive sub on occasion. But i'm going to try to pull away for awhile. Hopefully I'll be back around marching fire time.

To those who actually value my input and information thank you for making things pleasent for me here. I wish you well and hope to see you all again soon.

ChampionRuby50g
08-10-2018, 05:41 AM
Shame to see you go, but I can totally understand why youíd wanna have a break. After having one myself during season 4 and again for most of season 5, itís honestly relieving. Itís exactly what you need from the sound of it.

Not gonna say search Dominion for longer because you are a duel player primarily, but with fighting bots in Ranked I can see why you canít rank up. For example, I can beat a level 3 bot 99/100 games I play. No way will I be able to retain that ratio agaisnt a player. It would be far to easy to reach Grand Master and get all the ornaments for every hero, and much quicker. The devs donít want that.

But if you mean when a player leaves and you finish the round, you donít receive anything. Then totally get where you are coming from again. Thatís a massive oversight. I really should play more ranked, but the XP gain and time Ive had to wait in the past make it not worth it for me. Iíd rather play Dom, even if I do want the plume for Warden.

The_B0G_
08-10-2018, 02:10 PM
Take a month or two off, we've all been there. For Honor is a love/hate relationship for me as well.

I tried to quit at season 6, I think I lasted a month and a half lol Take it easy Raime.

Halvtand
08-10-2018, 03:17 PM
Sometimes the best thing you can do is to just step away for a while and clear your head. See you later.

Knight_Raime
08-10-2018, 04:10 PM
Shame to see you go, but I can totally understand why you’d wanna have a break. After having one myself during season 4 and again for most of season 5, it’s honestly relieving. It’s exactly what you need from the sound of it.

Not gonna say search Dominion for longer because you are a duel player primarily, but with fighting bots in Ranked I can see why you can’t rank up. For example, I can beat a level 3 bot 99/100 games I play. No way will I be able to retain that ratio agaisnt a player. It would be far to easy to reach Grand Master and get all the ornaments for every hero, and much quicker. The devs don’t want that.

But if you mean when a player leaves and you finish the round, you don’t receive anything. Then totally get where you are coming from again. That’s a massive oversight. I really should play more ranked, but the XP gain and time Ive had to wait in the past make it not worth it for me. I’d rather play Dom, even if I do want the plume for Warden.

I mean I understand that. But if I can't get anything off of bots I don't think I should vs them at all. In my particular instance it put me up against a bot from the start. No one quit.

Take a month or two off, we've all been there. For Honor is a love/hate relationship for me as well.

I tried to quit at season 6, I think I lasted a month and a half lol Take it easy Raime.

Yeah I remember you were going to quit. I'm probably just going to be gone until marching fire. Cause i'm hyped for those heros.
Besides there have been other games i've been neglecting aha.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is to just step away for a while and clear your head. See you later.

thanks man.

SenBotsu893
08-10-2018, 04:45 PM
hey this isnt an Airport. what is it with all those people feeling like they need to make a post when they stop playing? how selfcentered can those people get?

bannex19
08-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Losing a good one here. This is the kind of guy you want on your forums. Hope you come back!

SpaceJim12
08-10-2018, 04:48 PM
Break is always good, when you not enjoy this game anymore. I played only for order around month and a half myself. Dominion become even worse after revenge buff...
Very hope marching fire will bring enjoyable in FH for all of us, old-timers.=)

Mirage6201
08-10-2018, 09:12 PM
I strongly recommend starting a second account. You will have better connections and less stress. Main that person for a while and try other characters.

UbiJurassic
08-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Sorry to hear that Raime, but breaks are completely understandable. If you have any personal feedback you haven't already shared on the forums, you can always feel free to hit up myself or any other the community team to get that feedback along. :)

Knight_Raime
08-10-2018, 09:24 PM
hey this isnt an Airport. what is it with all those people feeling like they need to make a post when they stop playing? how selfcentered can those people get?

"what is it with people feeling like they need to make a post when they stop playing?"

"Only making this thread because I know many people actually depend on me for information."

^ Please learn to read you heathen.

Losing a good one here. This is the kind of guy you want on your forums. Hope you come back!

Thank you. It's not a perma quit. I'm going to see how i'm feeling after a week or two of marching fire to decide if I should stick around or be gone for good. for the time being it's just a break.

Break is always good, when you not enjoy this game anymore. I played only for order around month and a half myself. Dominion become even worse after revenge buff...
Very hope marching fire will bring enjoyable in FH for all of us, old-timers.=)

I still enjoyed the game. I just need to step away due to the gradual build of things causing me health issues.

I strongly recommend starting a second account. You will have better connections and less stress. Main that person for a while and try other characters.

Would if I were on PC. But i'm on xbox and I didn't get the free starter addition on pc because my pc hadn't been built yet. Even then I still would eventually run into stress again. I just need a break.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-10-2018, 10:14 PM
I am in the same boat. I took a month long break and even after only 1 week of playing, I feel I want to go back and do some other things. For me, game is really stressful and I find my blood pressure gets really high after bad in-game experience. However, I do manage it little better since I just troll in 4v4 playing as Shugo or Raider. Doing all sorts of shenanigans lol. It helps.

If you want to relax but still pkay video game, try Yakuza 0 and Yakuza 6. I find those game to be excellent for calming you down and usuI will play Yakuza after For Honor gets on my nerves.

HazelrahFirefly
08-11-2018, 02:17 AM
The game is pretty sh/t right now, so I don't blame you. Hopefully by S8 they'll have the ping fluctuation worked out, have an actual improvement to matchmaking, and have quits in Ranked count as a win for the player left behind.

For now... I wouldn't even be playing if I wasn't trying to gear up heroes for the new perk system.

Knight_Raime
08-11-2018, 02:53 AM
Sorry to hear that Raime, but breaks are completely understandable. If you have any personal feedback you haven't already shared on the forums, you can always feel free to hit up myself or any other the community team to get that feedback along. :)

will do.

Jazz117Volkov
08-11-2018, 01:35 PM
I'll miss seeing your posts around here, mate. You genuinely try to know what you're talking about and that's quite rare on the old interwebs.

I actually don't want to give the game a rest at the moment, I've been enjoying what little I can play, but my internet is in the pits and when I don't lose connection the game just outright crashes and I haven't a clue why. The game is basically unplayable for me at the moment. I don't think it's within anyone's power to understand or fix either issue, it's just an unfortunate and really frustrating circumstance. That's life, I suppose.

Anyway, take care, brother. Hopefully Marching Fire draws you back in.

Vakris_One
08-11-2018, 01:46 PM
I've hit the same issue in ranked. My unranked matches ranged from equally skilled opponents to facing newbies. Now that I have my rank I'm facing opponents who are at least two leagues above me in that they can parry lights and non-obvious zones very consistently. It's like the turtle meta all over again. It's very demoralising and makes me not want to touch ranked ever again.

See you around when Marching Fire drops.

Alustar.exe
08-11-2018, 07:12 PM
We all need breaks sometimes, enjoy the time away. Maybe play some new games or something. We will be waiting for you to get back dude! Don't do anything I wouldn't do! >=]

Knight_Raime
08-11-2018, 08:59 PM
I'll miss seeing your posts around here, mate. You genuinely try to know what you're talking about and that's quite rare on the old interwebs.

I actually don't want to give the game a rest at the moment, I've been enjoying what little I can play, but my internet is in the pits and when I don't lose connection the game just outright crashes and I haven't a clue why. The game is basically unplayable for me at the moment. I don't think it's within anyone's power to understand or fix either issue, it's just an unfortunate and really frustrating circumstance. That's life, I suppose.

Anyway, take care, brother. Hopefully Marching Fire draws you back in.

Wether it be obsession or something else I pride myself on learning all I can about something i'm interested in.
I also am a firm believer in knowledge. My only goal for debates has always been and always will be to give perspective/information.
I could care less if people actually share my views. I just want them to have a more informed opinion.

I've hit the same issue in ranked. My unranked matches ranged from equally skilled opponents to facing newbies. Now that I have my rank I'm facing opponents who are at least two leagues above me in that they can parry lights and non-obvious zones very consistently. It's like the turtle meta all over again. It's very demoralising and makes me not want to touch ranked ever again.

See you around when Marching Fire drops.

Honestly was really hyped for ranked duels. Mega disappointed how damned flawed they are.

We all need breaks sometimes, enjoy the time away. Maybe play some new games or something. We will be waiting for you to get back dude! Don't do anything I wouldn't do! >=]

At the moment i'm re picking up destiny 2 because of forsaken dropping here soon. And i'm trying to get back into monster hunter world and warframe. As i've been neglecting both for far too long. I play a lil paladins on the side. But atm i'm trying to lessen pvp in general for me until i'm feeling better.

SenBotsu893
08-11-2018, 09:31 PM
didnt your flight already depart? or was the whole "qq guys im stopping qq" thing just an attiontion grab?

Vakris_One
08-11-2018, 11:33 PM
didnt your flight already depart? or was the whole "qq guys im stopping qq" thing just an attiontion grab?
It's okay to admit you secretly want to ask Raime out dude. Just come out with it, nobody will judge you here, we all love him :)

ChampionRuby50g
08-11-2018, 11:44 PM

Whatís wrong with a forum member telling people who he possibly considers friends that he wonít be around for a while? Something you probably wouldnít understand as I find it hard to believe youíve ever had any friends. Sorry for your loss :(

Lord_Cherubi
08-12-2018, 12:18 AM
It's funny how everytime someone leaves for a break people act like it's a freaking funeral haha

But yeah im on a break too, mostly because i simply don't have time for it as of now.

See you in October Raime!

MarshalMoriarty
08-12-2018, 12:25 AM
You mean apart from it being a cringe inducing pity party, where he casts himself as a weary and hard done to victim?

From the guy who is physically incapable of responding to any opposing position in a civilised manner, instead saying that its their skill which is lacking or that 'they simply don't understand'. Who only plays Duels and talks on the basis of 1v1 despite most threads clearly talking about 4v4 issues. Who lashes out at everyone who doesn't agree with him or heap praise on him?

And then creates 'Woe is me' threads like this where he threatens to leave. And then doesn't because its just another call for attention from a morbidly self absorbed lost cause. As it always is with him. Remember the last time where he complained of 'not being listened to'? How he was going to leave? And didn't then either? He recently commented that he was ' a bit dickish'. A good start and something to reflect on, I hoped.

But no, we're back with him rubbing gravel through his hair and lecturing everyone on 'how it is'. Most of us have been respectful on the off chance he genuinely has health problems. I don't wish anybody ill, but this has gone on and on and he's still posting everywhere in the same condescending manner. If you're going then go. If you're staying then stay, but fix that attitude and stop blaming everyone else for being tired of your bull.

Knight_Raime
08-12-2018, 12:37 AM
You mean apart from it being a cringe inducing pity party, where he casts himself as a weary and hard done to victim?

From the guy who is physically incapable of responding to any opposing position in a civilised manner, instead saying that its their skill which is lacking or that 'they simply don't understand'. Who only plays Duels and talks on the basis of 1v1 despite most threads clearly talking about 4v4 issues. Who lashes out at everyone who doesn't agree with him or heap praise on him?

And then creates 'Woe is me' threads like this where he threatens to leave. And then doesn't because its just another call for attention from a morbidly self absorbed lost cause. As it always is with him. Remember the last time where he complained of 'not being listened to'? How he was going to leave? And didn't then either? He recently commented that he was ' a bit dickish'. A good start and something to reflect on, I hoped.

But no, we're back with him rubbing gravel through his hair and lecturing everyone on 'how it is'. Most of us have been respectful on the off chance he genuinely has health problems. I don't wish anybody ill, but this has gone on and on and he's still posting everywhere in the same condescending manner. If you're going then go. If you're staying then stay, but fix that attitude and stop blaming everyone else for being tired of your bull.

That's quite a detailed explanation.
I believe I had mentioned that I might still pop in here from time to time along side the competitive reddit. If I gave any inclenation that I was actually leaving and never posting again I apologize. But that's not what I said or was getting at. It was admittingly a mistake for me to even comment on those to warden threads at all. Hence why after a certain amount of time I just stopped replying to those people.

I still am replying to people in this thread since it is about me. But even still i'll probably stop replying to this thread after either tonight or tomorrow. There are people here that I care about in some fashion. These people would be:

Vakris, Allustar, Charmzz, Ruby, the bog, firefly...i'm probably missing a few. Plus the mods have been very kind to me. I wanted to make sure if any of them replied to this that I managed to respond to them. If people like you are tired of my bull then just ignore me. I have used the feature myself when someone has annoyed me beyond the point of having any productive discussion with them. So i'd suggest you do the same of me. And just forget about me.

Tundra 793
08-12-2018, 05:00 AM
SenBotsu893, MarshalMoriarty; Forums like these are communities. Most of the people here, Raime especially, has spent the better part of a year discussing For Honor, and engaging with fellow players. Unintentionally, lots of us end up becoming friends simply 'cause we've ended spending over a year with each other, sometimes laughing, sometimes arguing, but always with a shared interest at heart.

When people from this community feel like they need a break, or want to leave or whatever, it is their every right to let their fellow players, and friends know, without others calling them out for it.
For as long as I can remember, Raime's been a widely appreciated and respected member of the For Honor community. He's entitled to a thread like this, or 10 if he feels like, and most of the community will still back him up, 'cause he's earned his respect.

If y'all can't deal with it, or don't like these kinds of threads, just don't respond, but don't try to demean a fellow player, or his friends here.

Knight_Raime
08-12-2018, 08:02 AM
SenBotsu893, MarshalMoriarty; Forums like these are communities. Most of the people here, Raime especially, has spent the better part of a year discussing For Honor, and engaging with fellow players. Unintentionally, lots of us end up becoming friends simply 'cause we've ended spending over a year with each other, sometimes laughing, sometimes arguing, but always with a shared interest at heart.

When people from this community feel like they need a break, or want to leave or whatever, it is their every right to let their fellow players, and friends know, without others calling them out for it.
For as long as I can remember, Raime's been a widely appreciated and respected member of the For Honor community. He's entitled to a thread like this, or 10 if he feels like, and most of the community will still back him up, 'cause he's earned his respect.

If y'all can't deal with it, or don't like these kinds of threads, just don't respond, but don't try to demean a fellow player, or his friends here.

Thank you. this is my last reply on this thread but. Just wanted to say I didn't forget about you. You're also up there with the rest of the people I care about here.

Alustar.exe
08-12-2018, 03:32 PM

Wait, dude, when did you show back up! :D

Tundra 793
08-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Wait, dude, when did you show back up! :D

I lurk over at the Skull & Bones forums, so every now and then I check in here to see if the game's gotten fixed, or for threads like these. But now that my work is done...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/015/976/homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif