PDA

View Full Version : Game informer 107 questions on ACOD director

quanzaizai
08-09-2018, 11:14 PM
So I saw this new video and there is alot of interesting information

https://youtu.be/HLQpnWU-mTg

if anyone can write down all the question and answer I would very much appreciated because some part of their conversation I couldnt hear clearly.
some important things:
1. its seem like they did care for an explanation about the animus problem
2. they still hiding something about the relationship between alexios and kassandra
3. 100% confirm there is no assassin brother hood in this game.
4. shanties will be about your journey (this one is already known)
5. 100% confirm no running around in loading screen
6. photo mode at launch
7. Layla does travel out of the cave
8. There is a cut when he asked about the hidden blade. the director start talking about the spear and it was cut awkwardly right after he finish his sentence about the spear. ( just my speculation that the part he talk about chance of having hidden blade was cut out)
9. no morality meter
10. no special assassinate like in syndicate (in syndicate we have sub mission which direct us to some special assassination cut scene and opportunity) at least not at the same level as syndicate.
11. there is way to trigger people to go berserk but no berserk dart.
12. 50-50 chance of discovery mode. he said "we'll see".
13. no comment of templar's origin story.
14. no customize hair and beard.
15. there is one historical character on your ship who is going to write down yout odyssey
I also saw behind the scene presentation about combat customization and I noticed that there is no parrying animation anymore (the enemy is knocked back but our char doesnt have the push animation0 but it looks like still functioning as parrying. or maybe there are blocking animation and parrying animation.

MnemonicSyntax
08-10-2018, 12:33 AM
Nice.

AnimusLover
08-10-2018, 03:24 AM
Some interesting stuff in there. The more I see and hear from Odyssey the more excited I become.
Will be hard choosing between this or Red Dead.

quanzaizai
08-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Some interesting stuff in there. The more I see and hear from Odyssey the more excited I become.
Will be hard choosing between this or Red Dead.
Red dead not on pc :( never play it before

Swailing
08-10-2018, 10:44 AM
No comment on Templars' origin story

99% likely that Odyssey *is* the Templars' origin story, and Kassandra/Alexios are the founders of what will later be called Templars

"After you choose your character, does the other one exist in the world and will you meet them?"

"We'll... seeeeee?!"

WHICHEVER ONE YOU DON'T PICK CREATES THE PROTO-TEMPLARS

Olympus2018
08-10-2018, 11:22 AM
99% likely that Odyssey *is* the Templars' origin story, and Kassandra/Alexios are the founders of what will later be called Templars

"After you choose your character, does the other one exist in the world and will you meet them?"

"We'll... seeeeee?!"

WHICHEVER ONE YOU DON'T PICK CREATES THE PROTO-TEMPLARS

How can Alexios be a proto-Templar if he is a proto - Assassin? Remember Layla will be present in the new game, again. Layla via Animus is connected to the early Assassins.

Swailing
08-10-2018, 11:59 AM
How can Alexios be a proto-Templar if he is a proto - Assassin? Remember Layla will be present in the new game, again. Layla via Animus is connected to the early Assassins.

How do you know that he is a proto-Assassin? At least, I haven't seen any information that says that either of them is definitely an Assassin-type protagonist. And besides, a character can begin in one army and end up in another (Rogue).

Layla is another case in point; she's a Templar, now working with the Assassins. It doesn't matter what side she is on. It's not as if you join the Assassins and now you can't see Templar ancestors' memories. But as I say, if I'm right then I think the most likely story would be that you are Assassin-ish and the one you don't pick is Templar-ish, and the reason it doesn't matter which one you pick is because both of their names have been intentionally scrubbed from history.

Olympus2018
08-10-2018, 12:25 PM
How do you know that he is a proto-Assassin? At least, I haven't seen any information that says that either of them is definitely an Assassin-type protagonist. And besides, a character can begin in one army and end up in another (Rogue).

Layla is another case in point; she's a Templar, now working with the Assassins. It doesn't matter what side she is on. It's not as if you join the Assassins and now you can't see Templar ancestors' memories. But as I say, if I'm right then I think the most likely story would be that you are Assassin-ish and the one you don't pick is Templar-ish, and the reason it doesn't matter which one you pick is because both of their names have been intentionally scrubbed from history.

The broken spear of Leonidas is one of the items of the First Civilization, right? One of the Eden pieces... It is the initial hidden blade, the way I see it. It's hard to believe that a Spartan mercenary is NOT an Assassin but a Templar. It doesn't make sense.

Swailing
08-10-2018, 12:46 PM
The broken spear of Leonidas is one of the items of the First Civilization, right? One of the Eden pieces... It is the initial hidden blade, the way I see it. It's hard to believe that a Spartan mercenary is NOT an Assassin but a Templar. It doesn't make sense.

It's used in place of the hidden blade in this game, but there's no indication yet that it's somehow the inspiration for the hidden blade. Daggers exist.

When Leonardo inspected the hidden blade, the big mystery about it is that the technology is far too advanced for the age of the mechanism. Whatever circumstances create the hidden blade, I doubt that the spear has anything to do with it. You would expect that the creator of the hidden blade was intimate with a highly evolved technological society, but lacked the components to build something First Civ-level and had to resort to miniaturised clockwork instead.

quanzaizai
08-10-2018, 01:17 PM

nah layla is not templar, she's abstergo employee, she does work for templar tho but i dont think she considers herself as templar

Swailing
08-10-2018, 01:29 PM
nah layla is not templar, she's abstergo employee, she does work for templar tho but i dont think she considers herself as templar

Good point, "Templar-affiliated" then

Olympus2018
08-10-2018, 01:45 PM
In one of the early AC games we saw Minerva, the ancient Roman Goddess who is similar to Greek Athena. Maybe the developers had thought of ancient Greece, many years ago. It only makes sense that the First Civilization could be related to ancient Greece. Does anyone know when the First Civilization is dated?

cawatrooper9
08-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Regarding the hidden blade thing-

Even with the lore in Origins, Darius is still credited with the first recorded use of a hidden blade, and he apparently died in 464 BCE (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darius), having used the blade a year earlier, over 30 years before the main events in Odyssey.

I guess this could be a case of multiple discovery (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_discovery), but I think it's safe to say the blade existed in universe before Alexios/Kassandra used the spear.

The Battle of Thermopylae, where Leonidas died, was in 480 BCE, so I guess the spear could've inspired Darius to make his first hidden blade, but I'm not sure that's necessary.

MnemonicSyntax
08-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Was gonna add that the hidden blade has been around start least 30 years before the events of Odyssey.

We have to remember there's an entire world out there of people doing things that could be related to uprising or fighting for freedom, at the same time as others are.

An example of this is during Aguilar's time, was also the time period that Ezio was swaggering his way around Italy..

quanzaizai
08-10-2018, 08:11 PM
Was gonna add that the hidden blade has been around start least 30 years before the events of Odyssey.

We have to remember there's an entire world out there of people doing things that could be related to uprising or fighting for freedom, at the same time as others are.

An example of this is during Aguilar's time, was also the time period that Ezio was swaggering his way around Italy..
Lol ezio the swagger :)

MnemonicSyntax
08-10-2018, 08:50 PM
In one of the early AC games we saw Minerva, the ancient Roman Goddess who is similar to Greek Athena. Maybe the developers had thought of ancient Greece, many years ago. It only makes sense that the First Civilization could be related to ancient Greece. Does anyone know when the First Civilization is dated?

First Civ existed during the time of Odyssey.

And, Minerva was probably Athena. it's never specifically stated but with the interchange between Greek and Roman gods and goddesses it was most likely "lost in translation."

Aphrodite is a member of the Isu as well.

Olympus2018
08-10-2018, 08:57 PM
First Civ existed during the time of Odyssey.

And, Minerva was probably Athena. it's never specifically stated but with the interchange between Greek and Roman gods and goddesses it was most likely "lost in translation."

Aphrodite is a member of the Isu as well.

Unlike Artemis who appears in AC Odyssey (her statue at least), Aphrodite may not appear at all. She was born in Cyprus though. Maybe a DLC with Cyprus, Thrace and other parts of the Greek world could make the game even better. AC Odyssey world map covers most of modern Greece but leaves most of ancient Greece outside playable area. The ancient Greek world also included Western Turkey (then Asia Minor or Anatolia / Ionia) and also Southern Italy, up to Naples/Napoli/Neapolis.

Grayfox-87-
08-13-2018, 02:07 PM
14. no customize hair and beard.

It brokes my Heart :(