PDA

View Full Version : strange problem with gunners

ampadgog
11-08-2004, 02:58 AM
i have this problem. after i installed PF everything worked like a charm. but then again yesterday i lost the ability to use external views as well as using the gunner possitions. when i goto the gunner i am unable to move the gun or shoot. on the dificulty dialog i have the use external views to disabled. this is a bit of a problem for me since i would hate to reinstall everything. any ideas? apresiate any help that cames my way.

cheers and thanks to oleg and his team for this great game....i just love my B25.

ampadgog
11-08-2004, 02:58 AM
i have this problem. after i installed PF everything worked like a charm. but then again yesterday i lost the ability to use external views as well as using the gunner possitions. when i goto the gunner i am unable to move the gun or shoot. on the dificulty dialog i have the use external views to disabled. this is a bit of a problem for me since i would hate to reinstall everything. any ideas? apresiate any help that cames my way.

cheers and thanks to oleg and his team for this great game....i just love my B25.

oFZo
11-08-2004, 03:06 AM
You're not exactly clear, mate.
Do you mean you started a campaign with externals allowed in diff. settings and the game changed your settings later on? That would be weird.
Of course it's not necessary to reinstall just to change diff. settings.
Check "level autopilot" in your control settings, switching that turns off gunner AI and lets you move the guns and shoot.

ampadgog
11-08-2004, 03:26 AM
its all done in quick missions and multyplayer. no matter what settings i use i cant get my externals back anywhere or use the gunners. its like these two features are not supported by the game anymore....

oFZo
11-08-2004, 03:36 AM
hmmm. have you tried the "level autopilot" (not to be confused with auto-level) thing for the gunners?
If you can't get externals while you have them switched on and buttons assigned to them I'd try a reinstall.
(I have a PF+AEP+FB install, reinstalled everything when I got PF without applying patches inbetween.)

ampadgog
11-08-2004, 03:41 AM
i know what u mean....but i am at work at the moment so it will be a while till i have a chance to test this. but at this stage i can think only of reinstalling everything. though its not something that i will enjoy in doing. thanks for the help.
if anybody has any other sugestions please keep them rolling

oFZo
11-08-2004, 03:49 AM
Good luck, I´m afraid you´re gonna have to spend some time on reinstalling http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Tully__
11-08-2004, 04:17 AM
First: When switching to gunner positions, the gunner autopilot will be on. You can either manually toggle the autopilot off (don't forget to switch it on again before leaving the gunner position) or you can assign a key for and use the "Toggle Level Autopilot" control and switch autopilot toggling to automatic. Be aware that having it on automatic will automatically engage the pilot's autopilot when you leave the cockpit for a gunner position.

Second: Campaign difficulty cannot be changed once the campaign is started. The difficulty setting last used in QMB will carry over to your next single mission and vice versa, but campaign difficulty is seperate. You'll have to put up with no external views for this campaign or delete it and restart it. If you restart it, don't forget to set up your campaign difficulty settings when you start it and check difficulty each time you start a new campaign.

I don't think you'll need a re-install, just remember that campaign difficulty settings are not automatically the same as single player/QMB settings or multiplayer, you need to check them when you start your campaign.

oFZo
11-08-2004, 05:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
Second: Campaign difficulty cannot be changed once the campaign is started. The difficulty setting last used in QMB will carry over to your next single mission and vice versa, but campaign difficulty is seperate. You'll have to put up with no external views for this campaign or delete it and restart it. If you restart it, don't forget to set up your campaign difficulty settings when you start it and check difficulty each time you start a new campaign.

I don't think you'll need a re-install, just remember that campaign difficulty settings are not automatically the same as single player/QMB settings or multiplayer, you need to check them when you start your campaign. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said it was all in QMB and multiplayer, not in a campaign.
Unfortunately he still isn't absolutely clear but it comes across as if he made sure the diff. settings were right and then still had the problem with externals. Then again I might misinterpret.

Tully__
11-08-2004, 09:11 AM
You may be right, it may be me misinterpreting. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ampadgog
11-08-2004, 10:36 AM
it wasnt in the campain......i couldnt find out what it was so i just started reinstalling the works....i just hope i wont face this problem again. cheers mates

oFZo
11-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Good luck mate.