PDA

View Full Version : Engine restart glitch

mynameisroland
02-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Some of my friends have discovered that in aircraft like the G.50, Cr.42, Hurricane I ect, which have engines that cut out under degative G, are very difficult if not impossible to restart using traditional IL2 methods. Some testing by them has resulted in the discovery that all you need to do is press 'I' twice in quick succession. If you press it only once it reads 'engine off'. Is this a bug , or is it some modification to the old method of restarts

mynameisroland
02-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Some of my friends have discovered that in aircraft like the G.50, Cr.42, Hurricane I ect, which have engines that cut out under degative G, are very difficult if not impossible to restart using traditional IL2 methods. Some testing by them has resulted in the discovery that all you need to do is press 'I' twice in quick succession. If you press it only once it reads 'engine off'. Is this a bug , or is it some modification to the old method of restarts

x6BL_Brando
02-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi roland,

It has been this way for a considerable time - first having to switch "Engine Off" before "Engine Starting" for the mid-air restart - since at least 4.01m if I remember.

B.

mynameisroland
02-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Wow that long !

Im sure on 4.05 I was able to restart the Cr.42 by altering fuel mix, going in to a shallow dive and then gunning throttle once it spluttered. Now no matter what I cant seem to restart without just resrting to pressing the button twice lol

tigertalon
02-06-2007, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x6BL_Brando:
Hi roland,

It has been this way for a considerable time - first having to switch "Engine Off" before "Engine Starting" for the mid-air restart - since at least 4.01m if I remember.

B. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roland want's to point out something else. If you press an I key once, it will read "engine off". If you press I key again (after some time), it will read "engine off" again. No matter how many times you press it, it will always be "engine off" unless you press it twice quickly.

JG52Karaya-X
02-07-2007, 05:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mynameisroland:
Some of my friends have discovered that in aircraft like the G.50, Cr.42, Hurricane I ect, which have engines that cut out under degative G, are very difficult if not impossible to restart using traditional IL2 methods. Some testing by them has resulted in the discovery that all you need to do is press 'I' twice in quick succession. If you press it only once it reads 'engine off'. Is this a bug , or is it some modification to the old method of restarts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it also helps with restarting the engine if you power down to &lt;35% power. Furthermore when flying at that power setting you cant stall the engine under negative G (in any plane with carburator).

KaiserB_uk
02-07-2007, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tigertalon:

Roland wants to point out something else. If you press an I key once, it will read "engine off". If you press I key again (after some time), it will read "engine off" again. No matter how many times you press it, it will always be "engine off" unless you press it twice quickly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, this is what we discovered. What confuses the thing even more is that as it displays 'engine off' your engine appears to go through a startup routine and then die. This is why people were thinking they 'couldn't' restart the engine. Press it twice quickly however and the startup routine proper kicks in.

JG53Frankyboy
02-07-2007, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Karaya-X:
.......... power down to &lt;35% power. Furthermore when flying at that power setting you cant stall the engine under negative G (in any plane with carburator). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that does not realy help............. the engine is still cutting out