SUPERSANDSY12
08-09-2018, 03:37 AM
Saw this on Youtube

Thought you'd like to see

Lets Discuss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnLNmbf_ikE

PrashanthDoshi
08-09-2018, 06:19 AM
Stealth gameplay at it best . Hope its optimized for PC . the game should not be CPU hungry as like that of origin and more bound towards GPU . i hope it plays like farcry 5 which was well optimized for pc. hope we can use mouse and keyboard to play game on pc. keybinding should be good . can't wait for oct 2 . already order ultimate edition from steam . hope i can play on high setting 60fps 1080P . SYSTEM requirements should be same as AC:Origin.

Olympus2018
08-09-2018, 07:46 AM
Saw this on Youtube

Thought you'd like to see

Lets Discuss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnLNmbf_ikE

This is Assassin's Creed: Witcher 3 Edition. Just kidding... It looks interesting. Especially the scenery. However, ancient Greece, just like modern Greece, is not only about summer and sub-tropical islands. There are mountainous forests, snow and ice in the winter and I hope they will be displayed too. Regarding gameplay, it is very similar to Origins.... almost identical and that's a good thing.

I digress but I cannot reply with a single quote. I have to use the multi-quote button even for single post quotations.

Swailing
08-09-2018, 12:49 PM
The other characters look and sound great, but Alexios is bizarre. When he speaks, the effect is comical, like a badly dubbed film.

The game looks like more Origins, which is fine I guess. Origins was great, but it was wearing thin towards the end of the main game, and to have the next DLC be more of the same made it good but a little disappointing (although Curse of the Pharaohs made up for it). I hope Odyssey won't suffer from that same feeling, and it has plenty of good design, improvements and new features to make it stand apart.

Olympus2018
08-09-2018, 01:12 PM
The other characters look and sound great, but Alexios is bizarre. When he speaks, the effect is comical, like a badly dubbed film.

The game looks like more Origins, which is fine I guess. Origins was great, but it was wearing thin towards the end of the main game, and to have the next DLC be more of the same made it good but a little disappointing (although Curse of the Pharaohs made up for it). I hope Odyssey won't suffer from that same feeling, and it has plenty of good design, improvements and new features to make it stand apart.

Odyssey will be a very different experience, according to the interviews that I have read. New DLCs every week for a period of time and then who knows what else? A second season pass maybe? IF Ubisoft decided to follow Rockstar's example with GTA5 Online, then Odyssey may be played by millions of users even in 5 years from now. It is really up to Ubisoft now: For the right price and meaningful DLCs, Odyssey could become Ubisoft's own GTA Online or LoL.

Customers support products only when they don't feel exploited. I wouldn't pay money for lootboxes but for a season pass that offers meaningful expansions and other DLC, I 'd go for it. Once Alexios or Kassandra has finished with all the quests, he or she could become the master of Greece, like an administrator of a conquered, controlled open world. So, the game has a lot of potential and Ubisoft will decide if they want Odyssey to become a unique, non-finite experience OR just another AC game.

Swailing
08-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Odyssey will be a very different experience, according to the interviews that I have read. New DLCs every week for a period of time and then who knows what else? A second season pass maybe? IF Ubisoft decided to follow Rockstar's example with GTA5 Online, then Odyssey may be played by millions of users even in 5 years from now. It is really up to Ubisoft now: For the right price and meaningful DLCs, Odyssey could become Ubisoft's own GTA Online or LoL.

Customers support products only when they don't feel exploited. I wouldn't pay money for lootboxes but for a season pass that offers meaningful expansions and other DLC, I 'd go for it. Once Alexios or Kassandra has finished with all the quests, he or she could become the master of Greece, like an administrator of a conquered, controlled open world. So, the game has a lot of potential and Ubisoft will decide if they want Odyssey to become a unique, non-finite experience OR just another AC game.

I'd be into that if the DLCs changed to a different period(s) in Greek history.

ModernWaffle
08-09-2018, 01:46 PM

It surprises me that the whole 'Origins is our biggest open world yet' didn't have a double edge sword effect for everyone. The year off showed and the Egypt was great but it tripled my average playtime of an AC game because of how big the map was. I made a mistake of buying the Hidden Ones in February but honestly, I don't see how people can get themselves back into what is essentially the same core mechanics of a game in only 9 months of a break for full retail price.

AnimusLover
08-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Graphics look really good, best facial models to date, I think. If only it were motion captured but obviously I understand resource restraints when you're making an 100 hour plus RPG.
That broken spear is going to be a controversial talking point, I can see it now.

cawatrooper9
08-09-2018, 02:20 PM
It surprises me that the whole 'Origins is our biggest open world yet' didn't have a double edge sword effect for everyone. The year off showed and the Egypt was great but it tripled my average playtime of an AC game because of how big the map was.

I'm sure Odyssey will still be a huge game, but remember that a huge portion of the map is water this time.

Behind Odyssey and Origins, one of the series largest maps is Black Flag (also with a lot of water). I imagine it'll feel a little like that, only more seamless between land and sea.

Olympus2018
08-09-2018, 02:43 PM
I'd be into that if the DLCs changed to a different period(s) in Greek history.

They could show the Minoan period for example. Alexander the Great's Empire would require a dedicated game and a VAST map that would occupy 1 TB of disk space! Alexandrian Greece stretched all the way from Southern Europe to South Asia (India). If it ever becomes an open world game, it's going to be super massive.... We are talking about thousands of miles from one side to the opposite.

Swailing
08-09-2018, 04:24 PM
It surprises me that the whole 'Origins is our biggest open world yet' didn't have a double edge sword effect for everyone. The year off showed and the Egypt was great but it tripled my average playtime of an AC game because of how big the map was. I made a mistake of buying the Hidden Ones in February but honestly, I don't see how people can get themselves back into what is essentially the same core mechanics of a game in only 9 months of a break for full retail price.

Fair points, but sailing will make the scale work to the players' favour, I think (assuming you like naval gameplay, anyway).

I'll do it because I have a commitment to the series, but I hope the similarity of Origins and Odyssey isn't a sign that everything is going to be about sprawling scale from now on. I miss becoming a 'resident' of a city and becoming accustomed to its streets and developing routes, and I'd love to see this amount of detail compressed into a living city.

Curse of the Pharaohs was much better than Hidden Ones, if you can stomach more Origins. It took you into very different locations to battle more interesting foes. Origins as a whole would have been better as just the main game + CotP.

ModernWaffle
08-09-2018, 05:17 PM
I'm sure Odyssey will still be a huge game, but remember that a huge portion of the map is water this time.

Behind Odyssey and Origins, one of the series largest maps is Black Flag (also with a lot of water). I imagine it'll feel a little like that, only more seamless between land and sea.

Oh I'm not really in doubt that the map will be substantial, just cautious about how open world games are dealing with the space/activity ratio. It is quite hard to find the right balance I guess, I loved the world in Origins and BOTW for their sheer scale but there were times that I would go out of my way to explore a vast empty space in both games just to find myself in a dead end with nothing of interest.

Fair points, but sailing will make the scale work to the players' favour, I think (assuming you like naval gameplay, anyway).

I'll do it because I have a commitment to the series, but I hope the similarity of Origins and Odyssey isn't a sign that everything is going to be about sprawling scale from now on. I miss becoming a 'resident' of a city and becoming accustomed to its streets and developing routes, and I'd love to see this amount of detail compressed into a living city.

Curse of the Pharaohs was much better than Hidden Ones, if you can stomach more Origins. It took you into very different locations to battle more interesting foes. Origins as a whole would have been better as just the main game + CotP.

True, having such a large proportion of the map dedicated to sailing will help with travel fatigue so there's that at least. On the point about cities, I think AC3 had the perfect balance between having two cities and the frontier to switch between during the story so both environments kept their novelty for longer. A big difference too is how the frontier was basically a forest for tree traversal whereas the landscape we're getting now doesn't really allow for parkour etc.

COTP did look good - though I haven't played it - and I think it would've been better to have released that DLC without THO. If I recall correctly with Origins it was the first time they released two bigger DLCs expansions instead of the usual one which was unecessary IMO.

RecycleUrArrows
08-09-2018, 06:48 PM
I like how it seems that stealth gameplay has been improved in Odyssey. Stealth was fun and challenging in Origins, I really enjoyed challenging myself to get through a mission without being seen at all, but it seems as though the mechanics for stealth just work -better- here, and that's a good thing. I'm also loving the glow effect on the spear, the sounds, and the overall ambiance of the game. (Is he...warping to his enemies with that spear...? It reminds me a bit of FFXV, which isn't a bad thing at all, I like it, but that's certainly different)

I actually like Alexios's voice acting, it's just his lip syncing that needs improvement, which I assume they will do. I'm also praying for multiple beard options (Spartan beard for those that want it, but also a clean-shaven look for those that would like that as well.)

Not sure how I feel about the multiple choice stuff still. It seems to have interesting results, but I have to say that kind of thing annoyed me a bit in Dragon Age and other similar games.