PDA

View Full Version : Conqueror's fullblock nerfed, why?

Halvtand
08-08-2018, 01:49 PM
With patch 1.26 came a couple of changes that were not mentioned in the patch notes (see video below for more info). One of these was doubling the activation time of Conqueror's fullblock from 300ms to 600ms. My question is why?`
300ms was already short enough for the move to be practically unuseable mid-combo (to interrupt an enemy combo) due to hitstun. It was also long enough to ensure that it could not be used on reaction against incoming attacks apart perhaps from the slowest heavy attacks. So what has warranted a doubling of the activation time?
Now fullblock is only useable on attack from neutral. On light attacks and some heavy attacks you have to commit to fullblock before the enemy does to their attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODCnf-gA7GU

BabaJaga.
08-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Not only that . Punch thru feat doesn't work at all.

Illyrian_King
08-08-2018, 03:07 PM
Conq maybe needs a little little nerf on his Shieldbash ... like 50ms slower

But nerfing Full Block is a bad decision.

Sneakly20
08-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Not only that . Punch thru feat doesn't work at all.

Thatís intended and thank god it was. It works on heavies like it should. Not lights anymore. And it doesnít do ridiculous damage.

bananaflow2017
08-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Conq maybe needs a little little nerf on his Shieldbash ... like 50ms slower

But nerfing Full Block is a bad decision.

I think they nerfed it, because of the blocking ability itself.
I think this is more about his feintgame. It was way to easy to bait out something and punish it with his fullblock.
Now this move is more risky..

NHLGoldenKnight
08-08-2018, 07:48 PM
It is interesting to see how big boys such as Shugo, Conq and Raider all received minor nerfs but some other heroes are off the limits even though there are so many players who requested those heroes to be nerfed.

I don't think it is a coincidence. Ubi developers are biased towards some classes/heroes and they pretty much don't care that we know. Look at how Conq was for previous 5 seasons and even now I would argue that he is one trick pony. Hell of a trick, yes, but still real effort wasn't invested when it comes to his move set. Look at the Shugo or Warlord? Again, heavy class brought to their knees. Lawbringer? Technically hybrid but reall close to heavy, is useless unless you can parry every other attack. And you want to bet that heavy is going to be weakest hero when we get new faction?

Their bias is strong with this one, and there is nothing we can do expect for complaining on forums but I have ghe feeling the more we complain, the more they troll us on purpose with heavy nerfs.

Illyrian_King
08-08-2018, 08:29 PM
I think they nerfed it, because of the blocking ability itself.
I think this is more about his feintgame. It was way to easy to bait out something and punish it with his fullblock.
Now this move is more risky..

Yep, but 600ms from 300ms is way too much. This move is pretty useless now. I wondered why I didn't block any heavies with Full Block yesterday during Ranked Duell.

Arekonator
08-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Imo it was slow enough activation as it was. And i say that as someone who hates versing conqs.

HazelrahFirefly
08-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Hey man, if the Valks full block has to be nerfed then so does the Conquerer who tops the Duel boards.

Hormly
08-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Any nerf to conq is OK in my book 👍

Vakris_One
08-09-2018, 01:26 AM
Such a drastic nerf to his fullblock wasn't necessary as that isn't the reason Conq is so problematic. His almost non-existent recovery after a shield bash is the problem that makes Conq so very close to broken and the main thing that needs to be normalised to match the rest of the cast. I honestly don't understand why the devs have not touched Conq's SB recovery, it has been obvious for a long time.

Regardless of how everyone feels about this nerf to Conq's full block the main questions that have to be answered are: what is the dev's reasoning for this nerf and why was it omitted from the patch notes?

Hormly
08-09-2018, 01:52 AM
Such a drastic nerf to his fullblock wasn't necessary as that isn't the reason Conq is so problematic. His almost non-existent recovery after a shield bash is the problem that makes Conq so very close to broken and the main thing that needs to be normalised to match the rest of the cast. I honestly don't understand why the devs have not touched Conq's SB recovery, it has been obvious for a long time.

Regardless of how everyone feels about this nerf to Conq's full block the main questions that have to be answered are: what is the dev's reasoning for this nerf and why was it omitted from the patch notes?

Yeah the SB is the main issue but the 30 free dmg off of his block I also absurd

AzureSky.
08-09-2018, 09:18 PM
300 ms is reactive and 600 is most of the times predictive, you shouldn't be allowed as a top ranker player to have a free heavy with every attack that is not 500 or less ms.

Kryltic
08-09-2018, 10:32 PM

If it wasnt the problem then losing it wont matter. Also they have stated that any changes not mentioned are oversights, either bugs or they didn't realise they were missing from the notes.

Wobbleshnort
08-10-2018, 12:30 AM
If it wasnt the problem then losing it wont matter.

Not true. It's one less usable move. It makes a character in the game YOU are playing worse. It makes him shield bash spam more, because one of his other useful skills is ruined.

The requests to nerf this class or that at any cost are shortsighted and harmful. Conquerors full block stance is a unique, signature move, and it wasn't being spammed. You can't spam it. It's downright dangerous to use it, but the reward is a big smack to the jaw, and that only happens if the opponent is suckered into touching it.

The full block uppercut setup is good game design. It shouldn't be nerfed, it should be a model. That is exactly the sort of thoughtful gameplay you want for the classes YOU play! It's a rare move that's neither spammy nor turtling.

Ubisoft should reverse this change immediately and work on something useful. They'd get massive good will from doing something as simple as hitting the delete key on catapult, or giving Shugoki a job.

EvoX.
08-10-2018, 03:46 AM
According to Candle's summary of the latest den, this is a bug. Doesn't make sense to nerf this particular move anyway.