PDA

View Full Version : Is Single Player Being Overlooked?

antoniowatson
08-31-2006, 03:53 PM
I love playing in multiplayer. However, there are times when most of us want the single player for something different. However, there doesn't seem to be any focus on it outside of the pre-scripted missions you get. If some of the multiplayer features were implemented in single player mode and played with the AI team it would boost the entertainment value of single player.

antoniowatson
08-31-2006, 03:53 PM
I love playing in multiplayer. However, there are times when most of us want the single player for something different. However, there doesn't seem to be any focus on it outside of the pre-scripted missions you get. If some of the multiplayer features were implemented in single player mode and played with the AI team it would boost the entertainment value of single player.

Jermtheory
08-31-2006, 04:31 PM
sp is an afterthought for me,its not that i dont care,ive just become accustomed to the scripted and linear sp experience....more like controlling a movie.i prefer the unpredictable less linear mp play.AI cant compete with real life comp,atleast not yet,and it'll never be as fun to talk trash to after the game.

goose_uk_360
08-31-2006, 06:42 PM
sp isn't the most important feature anyway. RS3 on xbox was about the online play, for me and others. with so many people live on 360 now certan games such as vegas should be focused on mp. Afterall it wasn't sp that kept people playing rs3 for years

kgetz3
08-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Are you serious?

They're spending the most time that they have EVER spent on single player and its looking great so far.

I just hope they're NOT overlooking MP.

RawKryptonite
09-01-2006, 06:27 AM
Kind of hard to say since the game hasn't come out yet. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Personally, I like a good storyline. If I feel like I'm playing out a book or movie, it's more fun than when games were blindly just going through blasting. Being able to play the MP game types, but with bots, on your own just isn't a whole lot of fun to me.

kimi_
09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
When I played Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield I didn't bother with the single player at all. However with RSV, I'm looking forward to how they handle the story being that it's 24'ish.

Ender.W
09-02-2006, 12:12 AM
I liked the way the story was explained and presented in the first RainBowSix. Even though it was barely scripted I enjoyed it cuase in the game I would make moments that were like in a movie, not the game making the moments for me. My favorite level of the orgianl is tha last, becuase that level feels like there is importance and sets a good mood to the story. Just me but I enjoy games where i make the moments I rember. Lookin at Vegas it seems like that is coming back.

antoniowatson
09-07-2006, 05:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kgetz3:
Are you serious?

They're spending the most time that they have EVER spent on single player and its looking great so far.

I just hope they're NOT overlooking MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting - how do you know that?

drunkrepublican
09-07-2006, 08:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antoniowatson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kgetz3:
Are you serious?

I just hope they're NOT overlooking MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting - how do you know that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you seen or read NOTHING?

Vegas will be the first Rainbow Six to have a Single-Player that rivals it's Multi-Player.

CrazySunDog
09-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Well, we hope the SP rivals the MP. So far it looks very promising.

antoniowatson
09-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Agreed, we haven't seen anything that proves that that is the case: SP rivaling MP. It would be great to see more options outside of propelling down the side of a building €" which is no different than walking down a flight of stairs to me.

Real720
09-12-2006, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimi_:
When I played Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield I didn't bother with the single player at all. However with RSV, I'm looking forward to how they handle the story being that it's 24'ish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm looking forward to the awesome AI and the pretty graphics!

antoniowatson
09-13-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm becoming very curiuos of everyones age. For the single purpose that the core of this series was simulation and tactics, its now become graphics and drama.