PDA

View Full Version : Leavers in ranked games

Seaskar
08-07-2018, 10:48 AM
Since the start of the new Season people, are starting to leave ranked games at the end of the match and it is honestly annoying. I hate getting no reward of a game that i won and think they should increase the Penalty for leaving. From all the toxic things that I saw in other games this is honestly the worst (aside from greafing ofc). My question is: Wouldn't it be great if someone would still get his ranked Points if his enemy leaved in the last round? I know that in some matches, you could dc and the enemy ranks up but didn't really deserve it, but that's better than having someone steal away your reward every second game i win. What do you think? Yay or nay?

Edit: I'm from Germany and english isn't my native language.

HazelrahFirefly
08-07-2018, 11:10 AM
Oh it's worse than that. People who leave aren't getting penalized at all. If you simply close the app you can f*** over the winner without any concern.

The quit penalty does nothing. They never have and they never will, and the ratio of people quitting has been the same since humans first existed.

Seaskar
08-07-2018, 11:17 AM
wow i didn't knew that. Even if this is 1 vs 1 you should still receive a Penalty or thse ****backs will continue to ruin the game.

Vakris_One
08-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Oh it's worse than that. People who leave aren't getting penalized at all. If you simply close the app you can f*** over the winner without any concern.

The quit penalty does nothing. They never have and they never will, and the ratio of people quitting has been the same since humans first existed.
You really have a pet hate for quit penalties huh? Thing is though, the ratio of people quitting matches drops dramatically when there is a proper and air tight quit penalty involved. For Honor's quit penalties are a joke and they always have been because the devs have been too scared of their game crashing on people to implement a proper rage quit penalty.

Go check out competitive games that never had the stability problems of For Honor and thus no reason to doubt their game's infrastructure. They have proper quit penalties that either penalise you on every connection loss during a ranked match for whatever reason, or like Overwatch they have a 3 strikes and you're out policy. Meaning if you have more than 3 connection loses on ranked you get suspended from the ranked mode for the rest of the Season. If it continues after that you get banned for good.

So please don't use For Honor's joke of a quit penalty as an arguement against quit penalties in general. Just because this game's devs are 3 years behind the Industry standard doesn't mean quit penalties don't work. For Honor just needs to grow some balls and step up to the big boy table.

HazelrahFirefly
08-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Well, I can't argue with that last part certainly.

This game feels like one big test in a hell of a lot of ways.

Halvtand
08-07-2018, 12:25 PM
We seem to have a discrepancy here.
On one hand we have the devs, who sits on all the data, who has been monitoring the quit-rates since day 1. Who implemented a quit penalty when the P2P-system proved itself inadequate and who saw a positive enough change to keep it in until we got dedicated servers. The same devs who now see a problem with people quitting matches big enough to start talking about implementing a quit penalty again.
On the other hand we have you who claim that the amount of people quitting matches has been constant since the start. Please provide any non-anecdotal evidence you have to support this claim.

HazelrahFirefly
08-07-2018, 05:24 PM
We seem to have a discrepancy here.
On one hand we have the devs, who sits on all the data, who has been monitoring the quit-rates since day 1. Who implemented a quit penalty when the P2P-system proved itself inadequate and who saw a positive enough change to keep it in until we got dedicated servers. The same devs who now see a problem with people quitting matches big enough to start talking about implementing a quit penalty again.
On the other hand we have you who claim that the amount of people quitting matches has been constant since the start. Please provide any non-anecdotal evidence you have to support this claim.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean. Can you try explaining it again?