PDA

View Full Version : Mystic is completely broken

gquental
08-07-2018, 04:49 AM
Mystic theme needs urgent nerfing:
👉 Zen Cartman is by far the best Cartman and very OP for its cost
👉 Friar Jimmy is very OP and should not heal the NK
👉 Regen is surreal... it should at least have an area of effect (radius)
👉 Sexy Num Randy is by far the best Randy and his choirboy is very OP
👉 Angel Wendy's healing is too powerful

@ubisoft @redlynx Just take a look at the dominating decks... Mystic is currently too Overpowered and it is very synergic with any other theme.
I am talking about high level decks here, top legendary.

Hope something is done to balance the game once again.

Best regards

TAMISH2-ZN
08-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Hi Toller and team, I trust we are well.

I have to agree with gquental. I hate to complain about the players that worked their *** off upgrading those cards but they are OP.

I feel that Friar Jimmy should not heal the leader, it gets very annoying when you get close to taking the guy out and he pulls out the friar jimmy and by the time my lightning energy is up, it isn't strong enough to take him down.

I also have to agree regarding Zen Cartman. For a tank that strong at only 3 energy is damn cheap. I understand that he has zero attack, however, he draws in ALL nearby allies and makes it too easy for the opponent to slaughter your team.

Those are the only two I have an issue with regarding Mystical cards

IllegallyMike
08-09-2018, 07:19 PM
I want to agree with everyone above me, I am also a nicely ranking legendary player (got to rank 1,900 before the legendary season reset) and I really do feel that mystic is way too overpowered. I can't fight back how easily it is to bring zen Cartman out and how long it takes to take him down, especially when he is a level 5 or 6. Then Friar Jimmy is also a bit too overpowered, being able to heal the new kid for 10 health per second is ridiculously overpowered. Once you get the right combos for mystic, it's impossible to win (zen cartman, friar jimmy, angel wendy, regeneration, etc).

Please try to make it more fair, they are the most overpowered and the most difficult decks for me to face.

Avergnon
08-13-2018, 07:50 PM
Just to throw some balance into this thread. I'm top 250 Legendary and play Adv/Fantasy. I switched from Adv/Mystic around back in February after the purify nerf.

I find the game today to be the most balanced I've ever seen it since worldwide launch in November. Thanks Redlynx!

I don't find Mystic OP at all - just very inconvenient and sad cuz I know my chances of getting 3-bars is drastically reduced. That said, Mystic feels very balanced and I have no trouble beating it. If I thought it was OP, I'd switch back to it but I haven't yet.

The only card that probably needs a slight nerf today is Poison, which could do with a smaller radius. I can still handle it fine, but I can't think of another 3-cost card that can destroy 8+ energy of value. It just seems way too strong if used properly.

WallyGT78
08-13-2018, 09:12 PM
This is gonna be a long debate, i do agree with avergenon, im top 1250 L and i play all of the themes, yet my main deck is adv/fantasy, and i do have a very strong mystical deck, i find that probably the adv and mystical themes in general are the most balanced in general and the game is the most balanced its ever been with a few exceptions, as stated in previous posts whats true for some players might not be true for the game in general.

WallyGT78
08-13-2018, 09:15 PM
I don't find Mystic OP at all - just very inconvenient and sad cuz I know my chances of getting 3-bars is drastically reduced. That said, Mystic feels very balanced and I have no trouble beating it. If I thought it was OP, I'd switch back to it but I haven't yet.

My point exactly

garrettlstewart
08-14-2018, 08:40 AM
Zen Cartman is by far the most OP card in the game. No possible way to get a 3 for 3 with him energy wise. You must spend way more energy than he costs to get rid of him, then on top of that his ability sets up your guys to take a poison, fireball or rogue token. There is no possible way to deal with him without using way more than the 3 energy he costs.

garrettlstewart
08-14-2018, 08:47 AM
I'm a top 500 player and the only card I can't find a reasonable way of dealing with energy wise is Zen Cartman. I often think about switching to mystical, because that 1 card is strong enough to make you win or lose a match, but when I have I just find green to be incredibly boring, because you are basically playing the same match over and over building your wall with Angel Wendy in the back. Friar Jimmy doesn't bother me too much, and angel Wendy is only OP because she can hang out behind Zen without too much risk of getting attacked. Even at 4 cost I think Zen would be played in nearly all Mystical decks.

Ubi-Toller
08-14-2018, 01:24 PM
There is some great discussion going on here, thanks everyone! You've all raised excellent points, and it's super helpful feedback. :)

kmarsh.igpx
08-15-2018, 08:23 AM
Zen mystic users are the easiest mystic wins I encounter because their entire strategy revolves around having zen out and spamming cheap assasins/ranged units as he picks things. I'm not afraid to blow him up with UC or turn him into a rat as it pays dividends as it something they aren't expecting or aren't prepared for beside leaving them wide open for a clean sweep you'll get the occasional player who will throw out a mimsy, bga, barbrady, or something equally tanky to attempt to recover but those are also easily dealt with.

buddyguy88
08-20-2018, 01:42 AM
Just to throw some balance into this thread. I'm top 250 Legendary and play Adv/Fantasy. I switched from Adv/Mystic around back in February after the purify nerf.

I find the game today to be the most balanced I've ever seen it since worldwide launch in November. Thanks Redlynx!

The only card that probably needs a slight nerf today is Poison, which could do with a smaller radius. I can still handle it fine, but I can't think of another 3-cost card that can destroy 8+ energy of value. It just seems way too strong if used properly.

Poison is one of the most annoying cards on the game up there with rats that just requires no skill to play and everyone uses. It needs to be nerfed. The mystic cards are nothing when you keep getting 3-4 units poisoned for 3 cost multiple times a game. Jimmy regen nothing is going to stop you from death and purify can not even heal the radius of poison

Void_Away-
08-24-2018, 02:51 PM
Mystic definitely has the upper hand now since the update for the points already mentioned above, not to mention the latest two consecutive events with only mystic rewards. It has the best arsenal of cards in every category.

kmarsh.igpx
08-24-2018, 07:40 PM
What to the half dozen events that each them received to the one mystic event (ninjew event) that happened before these two?

DarthCh3f
08-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Great, now the theme with the most OP spell cards gets the card that blocks the opponents spells. Mystic already has heavy units that prolong their battle life with special abilities while easily building energy and then are able to use Hallelujah and/or Regen on 4 or 5 units. Mystic is the ones that needs their spells blocked! This ability should have been given to a card in Fantasy since their spells suck.

Member when the game had similar powers for each theme just implemented differently? I do. I miss those days. Time to give neutral some love and give them a spell card similar to this AND lightning. Halloween is coming so give the Goth kids something to do too and give them similar abilities.

charley72_06
08-27-2018, 05:30 PM
Nerfing is never a good way to achieve game balance. If one area is made op by poor developmental decisions, the others areas should be brought up to achieve balance. Nothing should be nerfed, this just alienates players and reduces the number of people playing the games that go the ‘nerfing’ route.