PDA

View Full Version : Can you please do something about Shinobi

MADMAN_SLADE
08-07-2018, 12:28 AM
Will you guys ever nerf Shinobi? Its bad enough he is the safest character in the game but also gets revenge the fastest. I am so tired if fighting Shinobi's that just double dash ****ing 5x in a row without using half his stamina and can just range gb through everything you do even in revenge. Not to mention his absurd damage. It may not be an issue on PC but on console Shinobi is flat out broken.

DefiledDragon
08-07-2018, 12:56 AM
He's annoying and frustrating for sure. Especially so in 4 v 4's when he just sits on the outside, popping ranged attacks at you that you don't seem to get indicators for and if he decides to run, you're not catching him, period. I wouldn't say he was particularly OP though, he's just frustrating if the player using him refuses to engage in the fight and relies completely on ranged attacks.

DoctorMcBatman
08-07-2018, 01:33 AM
The issue is that this game was designed for fairly close melee combat, but a big part of Shinobi's kit revolves around ranged attacks/distancing himself. It's not really OP, but it is annoying, especially in 4v4 as mentioned. But it's no more OP than impale/stampede IMO.

JediGamerFurius
08-07-2018, 02:17 AM
The issue is that this game was designed for fairly close melee combat, but a big part of Shinobi's kit revolves around ranged attacks/distancing himself. It's not really OP, but it is annoying, especially in 4v4 as mentioned. But it's no more OP than impale/stampede IMO.

He is supost to be ranged but since he's backflip is too traceble and he's ranged atack is too much predictble as punishable, he is a bad joke. He just rely on double dashes and lights. By the way, if anybody strugle against his doges try to use GB on him.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-07-2018, 03:23 AM
Shinobis are cowards personified. In truth shugoki is the only real man in dominion...do or die...running is not an option. That's why Shugoki walks the way he does... Big boi balls. Not some toddler shaped pajama wearing marathon runner who acts tough from 20 ft away.

DefiledDragon
08-07-2018, 04:00 AM
Shinobis are cowards personified. In truth shugoki is the only real man in dominion...do or die...running is not an option. That's why Shugoki walks the way he does... Big boi balls. Not some toddler shaped pajama wearing marathon runner who acts tough from 20 ft away then runs away when someone bit@h slaps him like a wife who made Tuna casserole on spegetti night.

I take it you don't like Tuna?

MarshalMoriarty
08-07-2018, 05:04 AM
He has an extremely irritating playstyle and I always groan with despair when I see one on the enemy team. Left to his own devices he is a lethal nuisance, so I always devote myself to marking him. I rove around looking for him and intercept him as much as possible because you really can't let yourself or your team take your eyes off him.

I don't think he's OP necessarily but his playstyle is so frustrating and different that it causes a lot of problems. He's actually pretty hard to play if you don't lean heavily on his ranged ambushing of unaware players. But his style is such a trolling and despised one that its impossible to respect a Shinobi player, no matter how good they are.

VampireDovah
08-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Yeesh guys I'm trying to pick up shinobi right now, not going so well seeing that everyone knows the matchup.

The_B0G_
08-07-2018, 01:29 PM
The worst are the shinobi who keep double dodging non stop, if he makes me chase him around too much, I'll just give him a single Wow! And make my way towards my teammates, that's the only way most Shinobi will engage, when your back is turned.

I use the same tactic with all turtles but with Shinobi especially, if you're going to dodge 4 or 5 times without attacking once, you're just being annoying.

Knight_Raime
08-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Conq is the safest hero.
But yes shinobi is annoying and he needs a kit overhaul.

PepsiBeastin
08-07-2018, 06:35 PM
Can we take away walking and running from shinobi pls, I don't like how he can move. He should have to roll to move at all.

The_B0G_
08-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Can we take away walking and running from shinobi pls, I don't like how he can move. He should have to roll to move at all.

Easy bud, we're trying to have a serious discussion here, he has to be able to move besides rolling.

I say we give him a slow crawl as well, a touch slower than Shugoki walk.

JediGamerFurius
08-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Conq is the safest hero.
But yes shinobi is annoying and he needs a kit overhaul.

I would take just kamas without a chain and more fast close combat instead of useless ranged atacks. Lets face it, nobody use it unless the enemy miss an attack, that is why I think shinobi was poorly designed. They made a ranged character in a melee game, as result he got low HP and punishable ranged atacks. That was a bad idea.

Erhanninja
08-07-2018, 08:30 PM
I think another issue is his feats. Constant passive heal and stamina regain on successful attacks are a bit too much. Few light in he is already back to full health and stamina.

PepsiBeastin
08-07-2018, 08:39 PM
I think another issue is his feats. Constant passive heal and stamina regain on successful attacks are a bit too much. Few light in he is already back to full health and stamina.

Have you tried these feats? They sound nice but I've never had them come in use at ALL. Why would I trade extra damage after dodging for extremely small stamina gain on hit, or trade arrow storm/nailbomb for like 3hp per hit?

Vakris_One
08-08-2018, 12:41 AM
You're being too harsh. Of course he should have more than a roll to move. He should do a handstand and slowly hop up and down to move ;D

UbiJurassic
08-08-2018, 01:14 AM
You're being too harsh. Of course he should have more than a roll to move. He should do a handstand and slowly hop up and down to move ;D

https://media3.giphy.com/media/qL09b1kaqL36o/giphy.gif