PDA

View Full Version : Season pass?

micisonit
08-06-2018, 10:15 AM
Hi all, i have Two Short questions !
I bought s saison pass when the Game was released , do i need to get a new pass for the new charcters or am i good to go?
when will the new characters be Released ?

thx all

SpaceJim12
08-06-2018, 11:41 AM
You will need new Season Pass. Your current SP included 6 DLC heroes of the first year of the game.
New characters will come out in 16th of October with Marching Fire update.

Ubi-Lucipus
08-06-2018, 12:19 PM
There won't be a Season pass, it comes as a separate purchase.

The paid content is the unannounced PvE mode & the new heroes, which grants early access.

After early access, each hero will unlock with Steel like any other DLC hero.

Vakris_One
08-06-2018, 12:55 PM

The paid content is the unannounced PvE mode & the new heroes, which grants early access.

Yes but each hero will be 15k steel to unlock. And with 4 heroes that will be a whopping 60k steel. So any way you look at it the new heroes in the Marching Fire update are going to be all about "paid content". Steel earn rates in the game are abysmally paltry, it takes roughly 10 days of grinding to amass 15k steel. So that's 40 days of grinding the game non-stop for 60k steel.

Most sane people will burn out long before they manage to grind out even close to 60k. Not to mention that you would want to buy an execution or two, an emote and some effects for the heroes you like so that 60k now becomes more like 80k. That's honestly free-to-play game levels of pricing and stingy currency earn rates. If you actually want to enjoy the game you are going to be forced to either buy the Chinese heroes DLC or buy some of the overpriced steel packs.

The only things we are getting for free will be the new Breach mode, new gear system and the new graphics optimisation. The 4 new heroes and the PvE mode are both paid content.

SpaceJim12
08-06-2018, 01:08 PM
Yes but each hero will be 15k steel to unlock. And with 4 heroes that will be a whopping 60k steel. So any way you look at it the new heroes in the Marching Fire update are going to be all about "paid content". Steel earn rates in the game are abysmally paltry, it takes roughly 10 days of grinding to amass 15k steel. So that's 40 days of grinding the game non-stop for 60k steel. That's 960 hours.

Most sane people will burn out long before they manage to grind out even close to 60k. Not to mention that you would want to buy an execution or two, an emote and some effects for the heroes you like so that 60k now becomes more like 80k. That's honestly free-to-play game levels of pricing and stingy currency earn rates. If you actually want to enjoy the game you are going to be forced to either buy the Chinese heroes DLC or buy some of the overpriced steel packs.

The only things we are getting for free will be the new Breach mode, new gear system and the new graphics optimisation. The 4 new heroes and the PvE mode are both paid content.

Agreed with Vakris here. The prices are too high. I desided to upgrade all gear on my Orochi (without refined) and change visuals for weapon and helmet. Well, I don't count any step, but I spend almost 9k steel for it. 9k steel just to get char to 180 gear stats and good look. It's insane, you know? The worst part here is that you need gring 8 rep on char, than spend 9-11k of steel just to make him look as you want.
Still, after Starter Edition and this free week after E3, I think game close enough to free-to-play model now.

beerbariandh
08-06-2018, 02:49 PM

Oh nice, so what you are telling me is like every other game the season pass gets you every dlc that comes out later on, but this wont attach to season pass owners? That is bs. Of all games Ubisoft has made this is by far the worst ROI for buying the seasons pass. You get heroes and some feathers and free champion for a set time? By the way with zero additional seasons pass thank you rewards per season. And then saying here you go, you buying our season pass means absolutely nothing and thanks for your money, spend more to get content we should have looped in to what you already purchased. No thanks, I wont buy this time.

beerbariandh
08-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Yes but each hero will be 15k steel to unlock. And with 4 heroes that will be a whopping 60k steel. So any way you look at it the new heroes in the Marching Fire update are going to be all about "paid content". Steel earn rates in the game are abysmally paltry, it takes roughly 10 days of grinding to amass 15k steel. So that's 40 days of grinding the game non-stop for 60k steel.

Like I said before, if you own the season pass which I do, I should not have to pay for anything new they think of. Game must not be doing so well as everyone says. Or is everyone leaving the Division like I already did and not buying cosmetic gear anymore? Someone has to pay to feed to Ubi office cat.

Lethalchem
08-06-2018, 10:47 PM
Itís called a ďSeason PassĒ, not a ďGet everything for free forever passĒ.

Iíve had this discussion on here before. I donít think itís too much to ask to have players put in some time in order to purchase things they want. Why is everyone so allergic to having to work for things these days?

40 days of playing in order to make 60k? I donít know if thatís accurate or not, but if it is... so? Whatís the big deal? Slow down and take time to enjoy the game. Unlock a new character and enjoy playing it for a week or two. You donít have to unlock everything all at once.

Iíve used earned steel to unlock all the dlc characters from previous seasons. I have plenty of added executions and a few outfits, and I have 530,000 steel sitting in my bank (after just purchasing 7 of the new executions they just released).

These things are totally obtainable, but certainly not if you arenít willing to put in any time and earn it.

Awlkara
08-07-2018, 01:32 AM
When can we get this season pass? I want to try out Nuxia early.

Haplo_Bane
08-07-2018, 03:56 AM
Season passes are just for the season. Always have been. Usually for a year or until all content described in the pass is delivered . To think otherwise means your new to the whole gaming whoopla. I bought a car pass for Forza once and was outraged when I stopped getting free cars. I then read it. First 10 car packs only. I've since learnt to read them. I am surprised however that they're not doing a new season2 pass. Implies to me that from now on they're going to charge for each and every new thing now. I expected for them to charge for early access for the characters, but to ask money for a new mode is a bit rough. I'm at least hoping to they'll give the option to buy the mode separately. I've already saved for the new characters. Bring Back Team Shuffle

beerbariandh
08-07-2018, 05:29 AM
Season passes are just for the season. Always have been. Usually for a year or until all content described in the pass is delivered . To think otherwise means your new to the whole gaming whoopla. I bought a car pass for Forza once and was outraged when I stopped getting free cars. I then read it. First 10 car packs only. I've since learnt to read them. I am surprised however that they're not doing a new season2 pass. Implies to me that from now on they're going to charge for each and every new thing now. I expected for them to charge for early access for the characters, but to ask money for a new mode is a bit rough. I'm at least hoping to they'll give the option to buy the mode separately. I've already saved for the new characters. Bring Back Team Shuffle

you don't play many Ubisoft games then. Ever played Division? Seasons pass paid for all dlc and monthly rewards. Ubisoft did that. Assassin Creed franchise even gives more.

CandleInTheDark
08-07-2018, 06:19 AM
you don't play many Ubisoft games then. Ever played Division? Seasons pass paid for all dlc and monthly rewards. Ubisoft did that. Assassin Creed franchise even gives more.

Division's had all the DLC because that was what was advertised on the season pass. As was said in the post you quoted, season passes tend to go for the year or what was advertised on it, both of which were fulfilled in For Honor when the shaman and aramusha were released.

Unlike the paid DLC in Division, or shaman and aramusha in this game, Marching Fire was not advertised in that season pass, nor was any new game mode, For Honor is pretty good in that respect in that all PvP matchmaking related additions are free to everyone, the same cannot be said for a lot of multiplayer games out there.

ChampionRuby50g
08-07-2018, 07:27 AM
Gotta agree with Vakris about the steel. Unless you are playing everyday for multiple hours, doing every single order that comes out you are going to have a bad time stocking up on steel. It takes a very long time to get 60k if you can only afford to spend 2 hours a day playing, which many do.

With the season pass, itís pretty standard to have only a years worth of content that comes with it. Look at R6S, new season pass every year.

SpaceJim12
08-07-2018, 09:39 AM
Itís called a ďSeason PassĒ, not a ďGet everything for free forever passĒ.

Iíve had this discussion on here before. I donít think itís too much to ask to have players put in some time in order to purchase things they want. Why is everyone so allergic to having to work for things these days?

40 days of playing in order to make 60k? I donít know if thatís accurate or not, but if it is... so? Whatís the big deal? Slow down and take time to enjoy the game. Unlock a new character and enjoy playing it for a week or two. You donít have to unlock everything all at once.

Iíve used earned steel to unlock all the dlc characters from previous seasons. I have plenty of added executions and a few outfits, and I have 530,000 steel sitting in my bank (after just purchasing 7 of the new executions they just released).

These things are totally obtainable, but certainly not if you arenít willing to put in any time and earn it.

Well, if you can play video games 24/7, it don't mean everything ok with prices.=)

Pincopallino097
08-07-2018, 01:31 PM

Are you sureof this? I haven't heard anything about the pve being paid in the dens, probably I missed it but are you sure?

SpaceJim12
08-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Are you sureof this? I haven't heard anything about the pve being paid in the dens, probably I missed it but are you sure?

Unfortunatly, yes. Devs metioned it on Den right after E3.
And while noone of my friends want to buy this new Season Pass, I will play this PvE mode alone. T_T

HazelrahFirefly
08-07-2018, 02:28 PM
I'm confused. If its not a second season pass, what is the separate purchase? I swear they mentioned that there will be a two week gap between when ?season pass? owners get the characters and when everybody else can buy them for 15k steel.

Is it going to be a Wu-Lin dlc, but just not called a season pass?

Lethalchem
08-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Well, if you can play video games 24/7, it don't mean everything ok with prices.=)

I have a full time job and do not play at work. All you have to do is complete all orders and participate in every special event. Thatís where you make the most steel. You barely get anything for a standard match.

The orders can be completed in a 2 hr window easily, especially when you have 2 days to do them. As for the events, you simply have to participate in a SINGLE match to earn the 2000 steel. They make it pretty simple.

Pincopallino097
08-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Unfortunatly, yes. Devs metioned it on Den right after E3.
And while noone of my friends want to buy this new Season Pass, I will play this PvE mode alone. T_T

Did they mention also a separate purchase for that only?

SpaceJim12
08-07-2018, 03:36 PM
I have a full time job and do not play at work. All you have to do is complete all orders and participate in every special event. That’s where you make the most steel. You barely get anything for a standard match.

The orders can be completed in a 2 hr window easily, especially when you have 2 days to do them. As for the events, you simply have to participate in a SINGLE match to earn the 2000 steel. They make it pretty simple.

I have full time job, family and side project. And I meet my friends sometimes and watch movies.=)
So I can't even play everyday for 2 hours. So, when you paid full price for the game + season pass, you want to play game, not grind for everything. I don't mind to pay for another Season Pass, but I want to get every game option from it, not cutted version and a huge amount of grind.