PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for this Giveaway dear Ubi team...

Five-Six
08-06-2018, 02:49 AM
Hello
I just started to play For Honor, and its very difficult for the beginner to get use to mechanics of the game...
Since you organized For Honor giveaway, many high expirienced players (1000+ approx) registered new accounts and just living no chance to newbies, even register as groups, its humiliating, it will pass like 300 hours for me to make at least something with it...but now I have to suck all the time, because they know every character abilities and timings and I still dont used to it as I am noob.
Just wanted to tell you "Thanks" for this great start on a "HELL" difficulty in For Honor...
I like this game, but only when teams are balanced at least somehow...

DefiledDragon
08-06-2018, 03:33 AM
Seriously? You expect to pick a game up having never played it before and beat experienced players PvP? Have you tried training against bots? Doing the training missions? Playing through the campaign? Practice makes perfect.

Jediknight482
08-06-2018, 03:57 AM
MadCauseBad

jmac70
08-06-2018, 03:57 AM
There's only 1 I disagree with u dragon and that's the campaign. Since these reworks you are playing the characters before the rework so it's still gonna be a bit harder but I also see the positive and that's practicing to parry ect

Five-Six
08-06-2018, 05:14 AM
Yes, I trained with lvl 3 bots and it was much easier then with this nerds, yes I complete company on high level difficulty and realistic for knights, but its not very hard.
I make faints, dodges, and parrys, I know how to do that, but because of lack of expirience sometimes I miss the time, and I dont know all the tricks and timings for each character yet.
All these faints and guard breaks, cancelled bashes, throwing opponents into the wall, faint on my faint and then guard break, all these I get on 10 rep account.
And ofcourse I was ready to lose most of the time because of lack of expirience, i dont create any illusions about my "skill".
But when your character has rep 6 and you fight vs zero rep character,and he leaves you no chance even to hit him al least once... its sad. I dont think that there are so many talented newbies lol.
I am just mad cause I am bad, yes, but nobody plays well at start...especially when you facing 1000+ hours opponents.

Awlkara
08-06-2018, 05:20 AM
No offense but someone who is rep 6 is most likely under 100 hours into the game, it's not that hard to hit rep 6.

What hero are you playing?

Five-Six
08-06-2018, 05:38 AM
My main is Lawbringer, I dont know why, i like this character, but sometimes i met players with rep 1-3 and their skill is beyond my imagination. I try to play not predictible, i change my style all the time while in combat, but mostly when i meet such players my every move is pointless, it seems that they have so much expirience that they know your every step.
And for me, most of characters are very difficult to defeat... High skilled shaman, orochi, kensei, centurion, gladiator just dont leave me any chance to win

Awlkara
08-06-2018, 05:41 AM
That's where the problem lies, you are playing Lawbringer.

He is in a really bad spot and has limited aggressive options. You sound like you want to play an Assassin class because you want to be aggressive. Lawbringer is a hero that specializes in defense and will be getting buffed soon.

Despite all of that, if being aggressive is what you are looking for then Lawbringer is not the hero for you.

Five-Six
08-06-2018, 07:12 AM
Yep, thank you, i understood, I just started as gladiator, and it feels much more better, at least a lot of options in combat...
But more expirienced players still annoying and no way to deal with them for now, so thats why i am really mad. Why just dont play on your rep games...i guess because they just s*ck there and making themselves feel better on low rep games...

To play well as Lawbringer i should have much more knowledge and expirience about game.He is slow and each his attack easy to parry or dodge. Very low options to begin attack, best option for now its gb or feint..

HazelrahFirefly
08-06-2018, 10:28 AM
Toxic community is toxic

Illyrian_King
08-06-2018, 11:49 AM
This game is about having a very complex combat system, and that's like the golden fruit on the tree top in this game.

You can not expect, to pick it up and be savage right after the Tutorial.

At release it took me almost a month of playing intensively to be just near to moderate. Now the system got new Heroes, new mechanics and rules you need to understand.

My advice: Choose a Hero that fits you well and stay with him. Learn his moveset and the movesets of the other Heroes (very important), and also learn the rules like ... free guardbreak during dodge, the light/heavy parry rules, fall down when being thrown or parried in out of stamina, etc

Sparticus_Titus
08-06-2018, 12:43 PM
I agree completely with Illyrian_King. It's what I ended up doing. Choose one hero that you like (for whatever reason), and stick to them.

Yes, you will lose a lot, but you will learn and keep learning. Also, what helped me a LOT; was after starting up For Honor, I'd go into training and play against the lvl 3 bot opponents that have given me problems in the past. If I need to practice on parrying or dodging, I'll select one of the samurai heroes as an opponent .

And from experience and playing against much higher level/rep players, Lawbringer can be very devastating. So those are my few cents of experience :]

Five-Six
08-06-2018, 01:07 PM
Thanks for your remarks guys...
I knew if I will start to play this game then I will have to lose for a long time with players who started play earlier...
Its not Ubi's fault thats the things are like this..but who knows :D
There is still no way to avoid from players who made new accounts for game, but maybe its still "hell" difficulty to learn about this game faster.

I will keep lawbringer until hes rework, because now it will be pointless to learn how to play him if he will change strategy in next season (maybe). WIll stay on glad till that time.
Thanks for all advices, it keeps my faith in this game :D