PDA

View Full Version : Ranked....

KSI_TheMadKing
08-05-2018, 05:05 AM
How come there's no penalty for leaving a match. How come if someone leaves the match you dont get anything. How come you never thought this was going to be an issue. How come out of all the posted I've read on this no one at ubi (that I've seen) has said anything about thi?

Texmap
08-05-2018, 05:43 AM
relatable dude

Kamen42
08-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Ok, if you leave in 1v1 then so be it. But the opponent should get something for it. Otherwise this is just a waste of their time.

Yesterday I was 3% away from being promoted to another division. I destroy my opponent in the first two rounds and then he just leaves. Leaving me at 3% from promotion. Needless to say I lost the next match, lost some 30% of my rank progression and for my next two wins I got about 9% each... So basically after 3 victories and one loss, I was in worse rating than I was before this series :D

Tyrjo
08-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Ok, if you leave in 1v1 then so be it. But the opponent should get something for it. Otherwise this is just a waste of their time.

Yesterday I was 3% away from being promoted to another division. I destroy my opponent in the first two rounds and then he just leaves. Leaving me at 3% from promotion. Needless to say I lost the next match, lost some 30% of my rank progression and for my next two wins I got about 9% each... So basically after 3 victories and one loss, I was in worse rating than I was before this series :D

This is in a nutshell why ranked is an absolute pain to play right now. Win three games and gain less than from how much one loss detracts.

NinjaRonin85
08-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Yes ranked sucks how am I going to beat these so called higher skill players with there 100+ latency seems fair LMAO this **** is stupid ubisoft you are stupid.

KSI_TheMadKing
08-05-2018, 06:29 PM
I got place yesterday as a diamond and the first match I played I played against the guy with 250 reps. He beat me cuz he's better than me but he was unplaced and because he was unplaced I lost a 150%.

Tyrjo
08-05-2018, 07:08 PM
I got place yesterday as a diamond and the first match I played I played against the guy with 250 reps. He beat me cuz he's better than me but he was unplaced and because he was unplaced I lost a 150%.

Yeah. The formula is so bonkers I'm staying away from Ranked from now on. It's simply too frustrating to play right now and it kills all enjoyment.

KSI_TheMadKing
08-05-2018, 08:05 PM
No one from ubi has yet to comment on this broken system. Apparently because it's in "beta" our experiences don't matter.

Devils-_-legacy
08-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Yesterday from pope
The team is investigating reports of excessive cases of players quitting Ranked matches. Players are frustrated because those quitting players aren't being sufficiently penalized, while also not awarding the Win to the player who did not quit. While this is a multi-faceted issue, the team is still looking into how we can address this in the short, mid, and longer terms. We'll update when we know more, hopefully on next week's Warrior's Den.

KSI_TheMadKing
08-05-2018, 11:01 PM
Yesterday from pope
The team is investigating reports of excessive cases of players quitting Ranked matches. Players are frustrated because those quitting players aren't being sufficiently penalized, while also not awarding the Win to the player who did not quit. While this is a multi-faceted issue, the team is still looking into how we can address this in the short, mid, and longer terms. We'll update when we know more, hopefully on next week's Warrior's Den.

What is so complicated the guy who quits gets a penalty and the person who stays wins the match. It's exactly like they were doing Siege if you quit out of A ranked match and don't reconnect you get a penalty and you lose rank or points depending. Rank is not something people should be able to hop in and hop out of depend on how they feel about the match. If you're going to start up a ranked game you should finish it or be penalized.

HazelrahFirefly
08-06-2018, 02:21 AM
So, the penalty itself does nothing. Shocking. It's as if everything I said in another thread was true. People quit at the same rate because you can just close the app. They have alway quit, and will always.

Remove the quit penalty and award the non-quitting player as if they have won. Simple and done.

OhHowSheGoingEh
08-06-2018, 04:07 AM
Is it possible to win previous season ornaments? I've won 30+ matches, 5 of those wins gave me trash paint patterns and symbols.
Do I have to unlock ever single low teir reward before I can unlock the legendary teir ornamnets?

Tyrjo
08-06-2018, 07:11 AM
Is it possible to win previous season ornaments? I've won 30+ matches, 5 of those wins gave me trash paint patterns and symbols.
Do I have to unlock ever single low teir reward before I can unlock the legendary teir ornamnets?

Yes.

No.

HazelrahFirefly
08-06-2018, 12:15 PM

So it's true that you dont get a reward for every ranked duel victory? I'll stick to waiting for the weekend tournaments apparently. What a joke.