PDA

View Full Version : Editing IL-2 DGEN, Flight Models, Game Attributes

arrowtalon
02-28-2007, 01:46 PM
I wanted to start a thread regarding general IL-2 game modification.

The thread is NOT intended to encourage cheating online. But for those of us that feel certain aspects of the game are lacking or need tweaking, it would be great to have a cohesive thread to discuss this.

So if you have anything to add, please do!

Also, please indicate which version of the game you are discussing, 4.08m, for example.

arrowtalon
02-28-2007, 01:46 PM
I wanted to start a thread regarding general IL-2 game modification.

The thread is NOT intended to encourage cheating online. But for those of us that feel certain aspects of the game are lacking or need tweaking, it would be great to have a cohesive thread to discuss this.

Also, please indicate which version of the game you are discussing, 4.08m, for example.

XyZspineZyX
02-28-2007, 03:28 PM
There are ways to tweak certain things such as DGEN. For example, I have placed a P-40C into a VVS dynamic campaign. You simply edit the plane list. Doesn't matter what version

However, it cannot be surprising to only myself that this must be stressed again:

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">There are no ways to edit flight modelling at your home PC short of very serious hacking</span>. The sim is not one that allows you to edit FM. Period. End of Story. Finito. The end, that's all folks, that's all she wrote adios amigos, ciao and a bientot mes amis. others might allow this but this one does not. Please get used to the idea

What 'game attributes' that you wish to 'edit' are you specifically interested in?

Treetop64
03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
It's also worth mentioning that it is not possible to edit the flight models...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

XyZspineZyX
03-02-2007, 05:19 AM
Yes, why didn't I say that?

Nimits
03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes, why didn't I say that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, but you really should have . . .

LEXX_Luthor
03-04-2007, 12:37 AM
arrow:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wanted to start a thread regarding general IL-2 game modification.

Also, please indicate which version of the game you are discussing, 4.08m, for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, you can't edit the flight models.

I don't know anything about DGEN.

Some limited Game Attributes are configurable in the "conf" ini file....controlling the Text Icons, customizing some grafix settings, etc...

Nimits
03-05-2007, 12:02 AM
On DGen, it uses various Worpad-readable files, so you can edit alot of different stuff there. There is alot of editting info on here and on SimHQ.