PDA

View Full Version : Help With Centurion

Brando736
08-04-2018, 04:28 AM
I really need someone to try and explain to me how a Centurion being able to force me to go OOS without me even using any of my own stamina can be considered remotely fair or balanced..... I get caught off guard once and its all over. Im punched, thrown and kicked all over the ****ing place until Im OOS then from that point its just over. Theres nothing I can do to recover. Once I am OOS Im ****ed, I cant even dodge, block and parry long enough for my stamina bar to recover fully before I am, again, punched, thrown and kicked then since I am OOS I fall to the ground and get punished for being OOS.... And please, in advance, if all you have to add to this post is some juvenile comment like "Git gud" dont bother because your wasting your time. This is a serious post with a very serious question I would like answered. I really dont understand how I am supposed to deal with this problem and counter this hero. How does anyone else deal with this ********?

Rockland02370
08-04-2018, 06:27 AM
Every expierenced cent does pretty much the same thing, fake outs and sh/t. Parryin is huge. When a cent notices u keep cgb heís gonna try and light spam. I personally just parry everything. But stay away from walls to avoid the cutscene. The punch is easy to counter. Itís pretty obvious when itís coming, just dodge left. When he keeps fakin the legion kick by just moving forward and hopin you try to dodge so gets an easy gb, just roll back. Canít gb or kick you then. Face a friend or a lvl 3 bot or go in training mode maybe to understand him more. Or even use cent. Best way to know him his by using him.
I main cent, I get the frustration. He needs more in his kit that arenít uninterruptibles. We go for constant gbís.
Better question is who do you main?
(Anyone else that reads this please help him and even point out things that you feel are wrong with the way I worded it or even disagree cuz Ik some people play intensely good with cent)

Brando736
08-04-2018, 07:00 AM
I have played Cent so I have the basic understanding of how he plays. Its funny cuz I started duels for my first time tonight messing around in the ranked beta and after I posted this I went back and did a huge wack of duels and fought a few more and started beating them lol. Being my first time actually fighting them 1v1 it took a bit to get some of the counter down.... still a lot to learn lol.....

Brando736
08-04-2018, 07:04 AM
I dont really have a main yet. I played Shinobi and Zerker up to rep 9 and Shaman, Ara, and Gladiator to rep 2-3 and I really like them all lmao.... Mostly I have been playing Glad and Shaman in the duels so far. Really having a hard time choosing which one to focus on....

Brando736
08-04-2018, 05:19 PM
I FORGOT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND RESPONSE AND not GIVING ME FLAK!!! Its good to see good people in the For Honor community!!. I would like to think that all the youngins are playing things like CoD with their halo jumping, wall running asses but I do know that some immaturity does exist here as well. Just in playing a couple hours last night I saw literally dozens of Centurions so I got a lot of practice fighting them last night lol. I kinda jumped the gun coming here with my salt without actually taking the time to suck it up and just keep fighting!!! Now if anyone could just tell me how to fight a damn HL that would be great. So many feints and cancels I never know wtf is coming next. never seem to see a pattern in the way they throw out their mixups..

Brando736
08-04-2018, 05:23 PM
this is off topic but since its my post I figure Ill ask here. is there anywhere on the net or in forums where people go to find groups of like minded people on the same platform to meet up and play with? not competitively or anything its just that none of my friends on Xbox play this game. like not a single one and I would really like ti find some friends that do!! gets kinda boring playing by myself all the time....

Alustar.
08-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Centurion can only get confirmed hits off his fully charged heavy, as long as you remember that, even if he hits you with a heavy and goes for the jab, dodge to the side. Same with his kick. For any character with dodge attacks, these are a free attack.
Also be aware his lights can chain into a quick grab. Light hits are always slashes and heavies are always stabs.

Arekonator
08-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Also, be aware that when you switch guard as you are being hit by a heavy, it makes the punch confirmed!
This is most noticeable when he parries you and go for his parry counter + heavy. If you change your guard during the knee hit or followup heavy, it delays your dodge and makes the jab after it guaranted.
After that its mostly about identifying exit points from his chains and keeping your cool, dont get baited into parry attempt for his heavy/charged heavy unless you are absolutely sure he is going to commit. If you can react to his kick, he wont be able to open you up.
Good Luck.

Knight_Raime
08-04-2018, 06:56 PM
I really need someone to try and explain to me how a Centurion being able to force me to go OOS without me even using any of my own stamina can be considered remotely fair or balanced..... I get caught off guard once and its all over. Im punched, thrown and kicked all over the ****ing place until Im OOS then from that point its just over. Theres nothing I can do to recover. Once I am OOS Im ****ed, I cant even dodge, block and parry long enough for my stamina bar to recover fully before I am, again, punched, thrown and kicked then since I am OOS I fall to the ground and get punished for being OOS.... And please, in advance, if all you have to add to this post is some juvenile comment like "Git gud" dont bother because your wasting your time. This is a serious post with a very serious question I would like answered. I really dont understand how I am supposed to deal with this problem and counter this hero. How does anyone else deal with this ********?

Your best bet against centurion is to never attempt a parry unless it's a light or he's committed to a full charge. Jab is never guaranteed outside a pin or if you happen to switch your guard stance during a stun animation like when you get parry countered by him (the move where he knees you and takes a lot of stamina.) His kick is a 600ms attack that has to wait 300ms into his dodge to use. it's pretty bad. If you're playing a hero who has a dodge attack you can just dodge attack on reaction to his forward dodge. If he's going to attempt a parry on that all assassins (sans pk and glad) have an easy time delaying their dodge attack. Which lets you basically react to their reaction of your dodge.

Shaman (from reading your other comments) is one such assassin who can do this. So until you get a feel for his kick activation/delay timing just dodge on reaction to his forward dodge and then if you see any red indicator at all hit the heavy attack button. delaying will take a bit to get used to. But it's essential for getting better at this game with pretty much any kind of attack or feint.
Final note if you feel like you keep getting screwed up by his many GB attempts you can back dash after you counter guard break and the next GB they attempt if they're spamming it will whiff and you can usually punish that.

This works against any hero who GB spams you and it even works when you're OOS.

Brando736
08-04-2018, 08:20 PM
I actually just switched my GB button to LB yesterday and switched guard lock on to toggle instead of hold, this way I can haves my finger ready on the left bumper to CGB and low and behold I got my first CGB as of yesterday!!! then shortly after I got a lower rep Cent who was fairly new and his main tactic was an all out GB spam. his biggest mistake was coming straight at me and GBing as his opener. after the first round I caught on and started using LB and CGB him almost every single time. he wasnt able to change the order of his mix ups and I ended up beating him fairly easy after that!!! first time ever getting a CGB and first time beating a Centurion 1v1 lol!!!

Brando736
08-04-2018, 08:28 PM
after fighting enough of them yesterday it quickly got a lot easier. the heros I really dont understand now are the ones that have tons of feints and cancels like HL and Kensei. Every time I think I know one thing they just cancel or feint into another thing. How are you ever supposed to know what is coming if they can simply feint or cancel into something else?

DefiledDragon
08-04-2018, 09:58 PM
after fighting enough of them yesterday it quickly got a lot easier. the heros I really dont understand now are the ones that have tons of feints and cancels like HL and Kensei. Every time I think I know one thing they just cancel or feint into another thing. How are you ever supposed to know what is coming if they can simply feint or cancel into something else?

You're not. Ubisoft are marching ever onward towards an all out guessing game. Rock, paper scissors.

Knight_Raime
08-05-2018, 02:32 AM

The point of feinting is for mix ups. Mix ups exist to make things unpredictable so you have to understand the kit and the opponent you're fighting better.

Vakris_One
08-05-2018, 03:03 AM
You have to get used to the feint timings and thus not to react too early. Kensei's soft feints all stem from his top heavy so keep your guard up top and be prepared to react if he soft feints to the sides, goes for a GB or a pommel strike if from neutral. The whole point of his soft feints is to force you into an incorrect reaction, if you are patient you can learn to not be baited into an early reaction.

Highlander's dash forward heavy can be soft feinted into a side heavy or held to go into Offensive stance. Keep your guard up top and be prepared to react to a side heavy. If he goes into Offensive stance then light attack him or use a dodge attack. His kick cancel into grab is a much trickier beast and recquires very precise timing as well as a fair bit of prediction more so than just reaction. This video should help with understanding how it works.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jLf1uqTvl8

Brando736
08-05-2018, 05:15 AM
You have to get used to the feint timings and thus not to react too early. Kensei's soft feints all stem from his top heavy so keep your guard up top and be prepared to react if he soft feints to the sides, goes for a GB or a pommel strike if from neutral. The whole point of his soft feints is to force you into an incorrect reaction, if you are patient you can learn to not be baited into an early reaction.

Highlander's dash forward heavy can be soft feinted into a side heavy or held to go into Offensive stance. Keep your guard up top and be prepared to react to a side heavy. If he goes into Offensive stance then light attack him or use a dodge attack. His kick cancel into grab is a much trickier beast and recquires very precise timing as well as a fair bit of prediction more so than just reaction. This video should help with understanding how it works.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jLf1uqTvl8

This is great info thanks so much!!!! Only problem is I play all assassin heros except Aramusha. I cant just sit my guard in top position and chill waiting to react to soft feints to the side.... Ill have to learn to wait and react top or side depending. Assassins have it so much rougher then other heroes that use standard guard.... so much easier to just park your guard in the direction you know their main attacks are coming from and wait for mix ups and react accordingly. but thank you so much this will help me know what to look for for these 2 classes. I am in the works of playing each class for at least 1 rep level so I have a basic understanding of all their kits. Currently I have played 10 heroes to rep 1 or just under so I am getting there. I absolutely hate HL and Warlord, I refuse to play them..... I will just have to suck it up and learn to fight them as I go..

LeonSKennedy93
08-06-2018, 09:44 AM
I think u just started the game and u are a noob u need to practice really more then u will find out centurion is one of the weakest heroes

Playing_Mantis
08-06-2018, 09:52 AM
this is all good advice from the cent mains. they make it seem so easy to beat a good cent and that they are balanced. their punish is too much and their stamina drain is a bit over the top.