PDA

View Full Version : About the changes to fiat lux- stun grenades

ChampionRuby50g
08-03-2018, 08:42 AM
So I like that it no longer does damage to enemy opponents, itís a step in the right direction and hopefully means kiai is next on the chopping block, as it absolutely is no doubt more stronger than stun grenade at the moment.

What I want to know is your guys thoughts on it still been able to kill minions when thrown at them. Something I always like was the ability to clear mid quickly, and gain a small amount of health back in situations lf my team was breaking. Personally I donít think it would be too much off an issue and not effect the enemy team in a negative way like it did before with them taking 25 damage.

Vakris_One
08-03-2018, 09:33 AM
For me, it's always seemed a bit unfair that a tier 2 feat could kill a large gathering of minions in one second so I applaud the change to fiat lux. Its purpose is now that of purely a stun grenade and not an instant get of jail free card for clearing minions.

Consider the fact that the Vanguards and Hybrids without access to fiat lux have always had to manually clear minions or get creative with their tier 2, 3 or 4 feats. Whereas heroes with access to fiat lux don't have to worry about it too much and just drop a bomb in mid every 6-7 seconds. It's now a bit more of a level playing field in my opinion.

Justicator
08-03-2018, 09:44 AM
@Vakris_One I know you are exaggerating a bit, but the stun bomb is not tier one, it is tier 2 and it has a higher CD than 5-6 sec :D . As a warden main, I'm a bit sad that I can't clear minions with it anymore, but I feel that for the overall game it is much healthier this way. I'm one of those that believe most damaging feats should be heavily reworked even though I personally use bombs. I'd much rather prefer to not have to fight cancer with cancer. :)

ChampionRuby50g
08-03-2018, 09:44 AM
I see your points, and you make very good ones. Fiat lux is a tier two feat though, so itís not as accessible, granted it doesnít take too long if your doing well in the game. The health gain, if you have the tier one feat body count, can really vary, like if you get 30 minions in one grenade (45 Second cooldown I believe) itís akin to Second wind, a tier three feat. But a tier 2 feat plus a tier one feat equals 3 right 😛

Iím fairly certain that stun trap, another tier one feat, deal 15 damage to the opponent unless that has been changed too. So in a sense that is now stronger than stun grenade, as a smart player can place that trap at mid, an unsuspecting enemy can come to clear mid and get hit by a 15 damage stun grenade that will also clear minions around it.

Vakris_One
08-03-2018, 10:28 AM
I see your points, and you make very good ones. Fiat lux is a tier two feat though, so itís not as accessible, granted it doesnít take too long if your doing well in the game. The health gain, if you have the tier one feat body count, can really vary, like if you get 30 minions in one grenade (45 Second cooldown I believe) itís akin to Second wind, a tier three feat. But a tier 2 feat plus a tier one feat equals 3 right 😛

Iím fairly certain that stun trap, another tier one feat, deal 15 damage to the opponent unless that has been changed too. So in a sense that is now stronger than stun grenade, as a smart player can place that trap at mid, an unsuspecting enemy can come to clear mid and get hit by a 15 damage stun grenade that will also clear minions around it.
True, but a trap requires someone to trigger it so you're still forced to clear minions manually if you need them cleared on the moment. But this is really a problem with the way the developers are rebalancing feats one by one instead of rebalancing all of them at the same time in one update. As a result of this one-by-one nerf approach we get previously non-optimal feats becoming the new "strong" feats to use as they fill the power vacuum left by the recently nerfed feats.

ChampionRuby50g
08-03-2018, 12:10 PM
True, but a trap requires someone to trigger it so you're still forced to clear minions manually if you need them cleared on the moment. But this is really a problem with the way the developers are rebalancing feats one by one instead of rebalancing all of them at the same time in one update. As a result of this one-by-one nerf approach we get previously non-optimal feats becoming the new "strong" feats to use as they fill the power vacuum left by the recently nerfed feats.

Yeah I was expecting the feat balancing to come in one big patch, not rework by rework. I wonder if we will see any more changes made with updates during Season 7.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2018, 04:24 PM
So going to say from the beginning I agree that it should not be doing damage, with a but.

This ties in to what I was saying a while ago about consistency of feats. Why is fiat lux a tier two feat and kiai a tier one feat with lower cooldown? Fiat lux affects your allies as well as enemies, kiai only enemies and kiai comes back so much quicker, fiat lux gives a warning, kiai is almost instantaneous when you consider those with kiai also have fast lights and are already in combat range because no aoe, the only thing keeping a tier two feat on par with a tier one feat was that little bit of damage that affected enemies more than allies especially if you have other enemies around you because again kiai only affects the enemy while fiat lux hits everyone.

The fact you can send fiat lux over a distance does not give it enough of an edge to make it a whole different tier because you're never going to catch an enemy standing still, you're only really going to get it in a pitched battle that means affecting an ally while you have to close to do anything about it.