PDA

View Full Version : -screeching externally-

Knight_Raime
08-03-2018, 02:51 AM
Couldn't think of a more appropriate title. Dear Ubi devs...****ing thank you for season 7. I love it so much. I played ranked duels and overall had an amazing experience. Each match felt tough but fair. Only had one match where connection was a bit of an issue. I ranked gold 4! Please keep ranked duels. Pretty pretty please. I only ran into the same person twice when doing the ranked. Which I appreciate. as in normal duels I often run into the same individual 3-4 times in a row rather consistently.

Also I have a new main! It's WARDEN!!! <3
Damn I didn't think you guys could actually make him feel good but I love every bit of it. Especially the tracking on both bashes and his dash heavy. Finally feels like the first time ya'll made moves meant to track early dodgers/rolls that actually works consistently. The only thing that i'm a tad bummed on is the top unblockable heavy. I feel like the window to feint it is a little too short for how long it is. Beyond that though you managed to make him his own thing without being too much like the Tiandi (which is what I was worried about) so well done!

I will 100% admit i've never really played valk. But I gotta say so far fighting her feels better. Her shield tackle feels far less oppressive now. And the new loops she can do with crush and her new strings actually has me guessing. I also REALLY like how you made anything with her sweep be a combo ending thing. I can tell you I never felt good being sweeped constantly. Though the one thing i'm a bit concerned on is it feels like she's got two sweeps. one is her new super fast one that frankly looks like she half sweeps. and the old sweep where it's long and horrible recovery wise. Can't tell you what triggers what. Just pointing out that it feels like she's got 2 sweeps now.

Some misc things I also noticed but really appreciated even though they were not listed iirc. It seems like blocking glads dash attacks no longer give a guard break for free. Also I really dig the fact that static guard heros can actually dodge after a guard switch now instead of having to deal with the recovery. (note that static guard heros still can't attack or GB immediately after a switch.)

Overall initial impressions of this season are pretty great. Can't wait for that static guard fix later this season. keep up the good work guys~ <3

HazelrahFirefly
08-03-2018, 02:57 AM
I know this isn't the point of the thread, but I'm not quite convinced of the Valk rework. I like it, but I dearly miss the heavy to shield bash combo. I know they removed it because it has a guaranteed light now, but I dunno.... and then she is built around combos which are death to use. It's for a feinting game, either normal or shield bash, but it feels like a bit of her identity was lost.

Knight_Raime
08-03-2018, 03:13 AM
I know this isn't the point of the thread, but I'm not quite convinced of the Valk rework. I like it, but I dearly miss the heavy to shield bash combo. I know they removed it because it has a guaranteed light now, but I dunno.... and then she is built around combos which are death to use. It's for a feinting game, either normal or shield bash, but it feels like a bit of her identity was lost.

I can deff see her feeling less valk because they removed her quirk. I can't personally say as I never put in the time to try and learn her. All I know is from vsing her she seems a lot more deadly to face now. That new speedy sweep scares the pants off of me whenever it's thrown. It's really difficult to tell when she goes into it.

chukblok
08-03-2018, 04:41 AM
I'm with you KR. I feel like a kid at xmas. Warden is my new main as well! I feel a tad guilty for abandoning my raider and HL. And I am a bit torn because I want to get to rep 60.... For that unique effect?? What is it! But I've always wanted to level a warden so now is the time.
Good work ubi. Legit.

Awlkara
08-03-2018, 04:46 AM
I am really liking the new Warden myself. I never really touched Warden due to their clunky nature before but now they feel like a real character.

As for the Valk rework, I'm not a huge fan of a lot of her changes but they needed to happen(minus the shield charge nerf that was overkill) but other than that she's in a much better spot.

Her new sweep can be very deadly.