PDA

View Full Version : New map for gamemodes no one plays?

SnowninjaXZ
08-02-2018, 10:54 PM
They release a new map but for everything BUT Dominion? That's so ridiculous.

Huldrych-ZX
08-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Hahahaha Yeah... the new map is fine, but at Duel/Brawl, which are pretty much the only gamemodes where you'll ever play on it, you don't get to appreciate it.

MarshalMoriarty
08-03-2018, 05:36 AM
It is a really strange decision. Dominion should be getting at least 1 new map every season. Preferably 2 frankly. Releading a new map for everything except your breadwinner mode is utterly bizarre.

Hormly
08-03-2018, 06:30 AM
My first thought was "what a cool map, too bad I'll never see it"

Same with that viking map with the rolling barrel, really awesome map you'll never see.

Senseless

ChampionRuby50g
08-03-2018, 06:39 AM
Shows how out of touch they are with whatís going on in game.

VampireDovah
08-03-2018, 07:59 AM
They put it in the other game modes cuz that's where the true for honor players be at, not where the noobs be at. Granted dominion is fun but not a very honorable game mode.

ChampionRuby50g
08-03-2018, 08:03 AM
They put it in the other game modes cuz that's where the true for honor players be at, not where the noobs be at

Iíd love to play Elimination and Tribute, but donít wanna wait an hour for a game when they are on low activity constantly. Does that make me a noob?

VampireDovah
08-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Iíd love to play Elimination and Tribute, but donít wanna wait an hour for a game when they are on low activity constantly. Does that make me a noob? it's more of a generalizaton than anything, don't take it to heart.

JOHN19812017
08-03-2018, 11:28 AM
map looks great they did a great job. what a waste the only time ppl play them other modes are when the orders make you lol

Vakris_One
08-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Well I'm enjoying playing on the new map in Tribute and Elimination. There are other game modes out there you know guys. You don't always have to click on Dominion, shockingly enough!

SpaceJim12
08-03-2018, 12:38 PM
They metioned it on the Den. This map will be a part of huge Breach map, so they are makeing maps for most popular 4v4 gamemode after all.=)

Still, I really miss this japan tower map, that never have been in Dominion.

DefiledDragon
08-03-2018, 01:35 PM
Maybe they're trying to encourage people to play the other modes by giving them something dominion doesn't have, i.e. the new map?

Vakris_One
08-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Maybe they're trying to encourage people to play the other modes by giving them something dominion doesn't have, i.e. the new map?
Crazy idea, right?

DefiledDragon
08-03-2018, 01:42 PM
Crazy idea, right?

Haha yeah I kinda let myself get a bit excited for it thinking I would get some Tribute matches in last night. "Very low activity". Oh. Ok, so still nobody plays, guess it's back to the gank fest then...

SpaceJim12
08-03-2018, 01:59 PM

Well, Tribute already have some cool maps, that Dominion haven't. And still people keep playing Dominion.
For me personaly, I don't like capture the flag at all, and don't like holographic buffs all around my char, like he is neon sign.

Illyrian_King
08-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Beautiful map, but except of Duell there is no mode for me to play it.

RealJayDee1984
08-03-2018, 04:45 PM
It's a really weird move to release maps that specifically exclude the most popular mode, and has been for quite some time. If it's done to encourage players to get back into non-Dominion 4v4 modes... well, good luck with that. Back when Viking Village was introduced I was really liking it visually, and I ultimately didn't play on it more than 1-2 times total before we got Tribute. I enjoyed the map a lot for a while then, and by now I once more rarely see it at all.

And that was a time when I was playing much more often than I do today in general. Nowadays I'm mostly just doing orders every now and then, and it's just too annoying for me to wait ages to get into a mode I don't even really want to play. Maybe Breach will turn things around, but right now it seems like a supreme waste of the talents behind the map design to have them make non-Dominion maps.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2018, 04:51 PM
They metioned it on the Den. This map will be a part of huge Breach map, so they are makeing maps for most popular 4v4 gamemode after all.=)

Still, I really miss this japan tower map, that never have been in Dominion.

Really? I missed the Den because of work, but the first thing I said when I ran a custom match before going to sleep was this looks like the map designers were practising for breach lol.

SpaceJim12
08-03-2018, 05:02 PM
Really? I missed the Den because of work, but the first thing I said when I ran a custom match before going to sleep was this looks like the map designers were practising for breach lol.

Yes.=)
Devs spoke about interactions items on the map, and than metioned, that this map only a teaser of what we will have in Breach mode.

https://youtu.be/4CZvNyMvpd4?t=1h59m27s

UbiJurassic
08-03-2018, 07:19 PM
Yes.=)
Devs spoke about interactions items on the map, and than metioned, that this map only a teaser of what we will have in Breach mode.

https://youtu.be/4CZvNyMvpd4?t=1h59m27s

In that instance they were talking about the cauldron and how it is similar to the one in Breach, except that the Cauldron in Breach functions on a larger scale.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-03-2018, 07:25 PM
Well I'm enjoying playing on the new map in Tribute and Elimination. There are other game modes out there you know guys. You don't always have to click on Dominion, shockingly enough!

Thing about other modes is that it takes me around 20 minutes to get into one. Not all of us can spend whole day to play couple of matches.

OoKaMi_79
08-03-2018, 07:43 PM
All the maps should have all the modes.....there are maps without dominion mode that I canít figure out what is the limitation to not allow it.

No0b.Nr.1
08-03-2018, 07:45 PM
They spend time on making maps work perfect,looks nice, blabla but not for the most played mod . Make no sense for me. on Duel or brawl i dont need new maps. Game begins u see ur opponent u run to it u fight , fight is over, game is over and u r out. MOST TIME you dont even look at right or left or whatever.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-03-2018, 08:18 PM
That is true. Sometimes when playing Dominion I would pick a nice spot and just stand there for a few seconds enjoying the view and the map in general.

But in other modes, there is less running around and definitely less time to relax so I am not sure that different map can help at all.

HazelrahFirefly
08-03-2018, 09:26 PM

You play against AI then?

On PS4, except during the peak times or right after Orders have been released, you WONT find a non-dominion 4v4. At best you can wait 10 minutes to get a Tribute or Deathmatch.

Vakris_One
08-03-2018, 09:49 PM
Thing about other modes is that it takes me around 20 minutes to get into one. Not all of us can spend whole day to play couple of matches.

You play against AI then?

On PS4, except during the peak times or right after Orders have been released, you WONT find a non-dominion 4v4. At best you can wait 10 minutes to get a Tribute or Deathmatch.
I get a group together and we search for Tribute. Usually we find one within 5 minutes. If I have the time or the inclination to wait for a Tribute match I go for it instead of the brandead derp parade that is Dominion in solo cue. I use PvAI when I want to fill an order and there's nobody doing Tribute.

I'll gladly make an effort to avoid Dominion whenever I can. The way the average playerbase play Dominion like it's Skirmish with fancy glowing floors I think I lose braincells every time I do one in solo cue. Frankly I'd rather uninstall this game than be stuck with playing Dominion. If Breach doesn't kill it then I'm out.

EDIT: The new map is gorgeous by the way. Well suited to Tribute. Kudos to the team they outsourced to. They did a fine job.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Well, I would love to play other modes more often but for me it takes a lot of time to wait for one match. Today was different, I was able to get into 2 skirmish games, so lucky me lol.

It probably helps you having a team, I am a lone wolf so it is kinda hard.

Zhantay
08-03-2018, 11:04 PM
Really like the map Secluded Keep, probably by far the best map in the game with several zones to fight in..And it shows with Deathmatch on Xbox being Medium Activity for both PvP and PvAi, that good map is drawing people in but for how long?

Tribute with the Viking Village still stays at Low Activity. Maybe because playing capture the flag with a imbalanced cast of Heroes will only force players to play what's best instead of what's fun.

They claim that Breach will also have unique maps, so maybe this will spread the players from Dominion apart, and hopefully make it less toxic to play. I don't like play Deathmatch because everyone just runs from you, but playing vs AI and just exploring the new map is very fun.

Would have love to see this map as a Dominion map and have a team Siege the isolated Castle but Breach is coming soon and will have plenty of that.

MarshalMoriarty
08-03-2018, 11:20 PM
If they want to incentivise people to play the other modes, they should a) give more Exp in those modes and b) improve those modes.

People play Dominion because it ticks every box. Gives most exp, easiest to find a game and its the most fun for most people as its a team affair on big maps that let them use the gear they've got.

Soldier_of_Dawn
08-03-2018, 11:27 PM
If they want to incentivise people to play the other modes, they should a) give more Exp in those modes and b) improve those modes.

People play Dominion because it ticks every box. Gives most exp, easiest to find a game and its the most fun for most people as its a team affair on big maps that let them use the gear they've got.

Dominion gives the most steel too.

Haplo_Bane
08-03-2018, 11:30 PM
Hey vakris_one,if you're trying to prove how intelligent you are,how about using edit to change 'brandead' to 'braindead'? Kinda wrecks the whole vibe you're trying to give. You're welcome *******. Bring back team shuffle.

ChampionRuby50g
08-03-2018, 11:38 PM

Yeah well, I kinda do have to click on dominion. Youíre not in my region so you wouldnít understand, but even when I have had a group of 4 in the past, we spend 10 minutes waiting in the death match playlist and donít find a game before we quit. 10 mins is roughly the same time as a Dom match, so thatís 1000 less xp Iím getting, less steel and just more boredom as we sit staring at a screen for a game that will never come. I know thereís other game modes, but unless itís the weekend because I work weekdays, I donít want to waste a quarter of my night trying to find tribute/elim matches that donít exist. Just because you can find those matches doesnít mean other regions always will. Using new maps as incentives will never be enough to draw players into that game mode permanently, and itís absurd to think that it will. I donít want to have to play with and agaisnt AI just to see a new map, itís not fun, not a challenge, and a waste of time as the xp gain is minimal. No matter what way you look at it, itís stupid to not give the most played game mode a new map.

Lord_Cherubi
08-04-2018, 12:34 AM
Haven't seen the new map myself but how is it? Would it be suitable for Dominion? Like is there obivious places for control points because if there is i'd like to hear from the devs as to why thry didn't add it to Dominion

HazelrahFirefly
08-04-2018, 12:42 AM
I get a group together and we search for Tribute. Usually we find one within 5 minutes. If I have the time or the inclination to wait for a Tribute match I go for it instead of the brandead derp parade that is Dominion in solo cue. I use PvAI when I want to fill an order and there's nobody doing Tribute.

I'll gladly make an effort to avoid Dominion whenever I can. The way the average playerbase play Dominion like it's Skirmish with fancy glowing floors I think I lose braincells every time I do one in solo cue. Frankly I'd rather uninstall this game than be stuck with playing Dominion. If Breach doesn't kill it then I'm out.

EDIT: The new map is gorgeous by the way. Well suited to Tribute. Kudos to the team they outsourced to. They did a fine job.

5 minutes eh? That's pretty un-f***ing-believable. I also play in a 4 man team and even on Saturday nights we are lucky to find a tribute after ten minutes of searching.

I'll be jealous if you're telling the truth, because I would love to never play Dominion again. EVER (except orders against AI).

Edit: that came out more angsty then I meant (even if I am pissed at you all for being asshats to me).

Vakris_One
08-04-2018, 01:58 AM
Hey vakris_one,if you're trying to prove how intelligent you are,how about using edit to change 'brandead' to 'braindead'? Kinda wrecks the whole vibe you're trying to give. You're welcome *******. Bring back team shuffle.
Not trying to prove anything mate. Any particular reason why you're being so hostile out of the blue or do you always type random nonsense before your brain has a chance to kick in?

Vakris_One
08-04-2018, 02:36 AM
Yeah well, I kinda do have to click on dominion. Youíre not in my region so you wouldnít understand, but even when I have had a group of 4 in the past, we spend 10 minutes waiting in the death match playlist and donít find a game before we quit. 10 mins is roughly the same time as a Dom match, so thatís 1000 less xp Iím getting, less steel and just more boredom as we sit staring at a screen for a game that will never come. I know thereís other game modes, but unless itís the weekend because I work weekdays, I donít want to waste a quarter of my night trying to find tribute/elim matches that donít exist. Just because you can find those matches doesnít mean other regions always will. Using new maps as incentives will never be enough to draw players into that game mode permanently, and itís absurd to think that it will. I donít want to have to play with and agaisnt AI just to see a new map, itís not fun, not a challenge, and a waste of time as the xp gain is minimal. No matter what way you look at it, itís stupid to not give the most played game mode a new map.
It's only stupid because it doesn't cater to you, which is fine you're entitled to that opinion. My sincere condolences for being in Austrailia and thus being at the mercy of one single 4v4 game mode, that does suck.

I am just amused at this forum community right now though. With how loudly everyone shouts about Dominion being a mostly trashy experience and how we want the objectives to matter more, etc. But not many people make the effort to migrate over to the more objective focused mode. Dom is the most popular that it's ever been despite the forum QQing and now people are even upset that the most popular mode, which we all apparently despise playing, didn't get a new map. It really is quite schizophrenic. I honestly feel sorry for the devs in having to deal with the forum going all "reeeeeee!" at them about Dominion being a crappy experience while at the same time everyone plays Dominion and nothing else and even bi***es at them for not giving Dom a new map.

https://she.blogs.latrobe.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2016/04/facepalm-.jpg

5 minutes eh? That's pretty un-f***ing-believable. I also play in a 4 man team and even on Saturday nights we are lucky to find a tribute after ten minutes of searching.

I'll be jealous if you're telling the truth, because I would love to never play Dominion again. EVER (except orders against AI).

Edit: that came out more angsty then I meant (even if I am pissed at you all for being asshats to me).
We don't always find one. It's basically down to a roll of the dice and if we get lucky it usually finds us a match roughly around the 5-6 minute mark. If we have to wait to 10 or more minutes we usually don't get one. More often than not we're forced into Dominion if we actually want to play something that night.

P.S. You were being a pretty big asshat yourself ;)

ChampionRuby50g
08-04-2018, 03:15 AM
Vakris, not gonna quote you because of clutter, but itís not stupid. Itís not just me, but the thousands of other players in Oceania region and then thousands more in other regions similar. Regardless off how the community is sooking about dom been trashed, itís a fact that itís the most played game mode and the main reason for that is because it gives the most rewards. So it is a stupid decision to add a map in every mode expect the most rewarding, regardless off how that mode is played. Itís like work in a way, a lot of people hate their work, but do it everyday anyway because thatís how they get rewarded the best.

SpaceJim12
08-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Well, if it's gamemodes live thread, I will ask my question about Tribute here, maybe someone could answer.

Do Tribute works on peer-to-peer connection? I played last couple days, and have three messages about host migration, when someone leave.

The_B0G_
08-06-2018, 02:26 PM
As bad as Dominion is for ganking, Tribute is just straight up frustrating to me, the mode itself is just annoying, the back and forth nature feels more annoying than exciting, most of the time it's just up to luck who wins.

You can hold 2 flags and win 90% of the fights all game, then get team wiped near the end because eventually after winning fight after fight your health gets lower and lower since there is no place to regain health, then you lose a match after dominating the other team, that's why I like Dominion more than Tribute.

In Tribute nothing you do all game matters, short of wiping the enemy team and grabbing 3 flags at the start, Tribute feels like a coin toss mode to me. At least In Dominion you're always gaining points and working towards something, if you control the match then you have a clear advantage on the score board.

SpaceJim12
08-06-2018, 03:09 PM
You can hold 2 flags and win 90% of the fights all game, then get team wiped near the end because eventually after winning fight after fight your health gets lower and lower since there is no place to regain health, then you lose a match after dominating the other team, that's why I like Dominion more than Tribute.

Dominion works the same, you know? You could dominate 90% of the match, have 900/300 win points, and than guys just gunk two of you somewhere, capture 2 zones somehow and you already broken with 500/1000. And there three of you with one zone and deathball hunting you around map. And even after this guys can't kill three of you, standing in the zone, and win cause of points, you see statistic, where your team have more objectives, more kills and less deathes, but somehow you loose 650/1400.
If you really think Dominion is more balanced, than Tribute, so you just do something wrong, or you always in this team of lucky guys, who did nothing, but win.

The_B0G_
08-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Dominion works the same, you know? You could dominate 90% of the match, have 900/300 win points, and than guys just gunk two of you somewhere, capture 2 zones somehow and you already broken with 500/1000. And there three of you with one zone and deathball hunting you around map. And even after this guys can't kill three of you, standing in the zone, and win cause of points, you see statistic, where your team have more objectives, more kills and less deathes, but somehow you loose 650/1400.
If you really think Dominion is more balanced, than Tribute, so you just do something wrong, or you always in this team of lucky guys, who did nothing, but win.

Take downs means nothing in Dominion if you aren't holding zones, and if you are completely dominating the other team in dominion the entire match, you're going to win by a large amount, even capturing all zones at once it only gives you 300 static points to your totalso even at 300 point vs 900, you have barely a chance unless the other team has a complete break down.

I'm also not talking about balance as the two game modes are completely different, just pointing out why myself and probably many others don't like Tribute, nothing you do up until the last minute in the match matters, unless of course you wipe the enemy at the start and get all flags right away.

SpaceJim12
08-06-2018, 04:06 PM
Take downs means nothing in Dominion if you aren't holding zones, and if you are completely dominating the other team in dominion the entire match, you're going to win by a large amount, even capturing all zones at once it only gives you 300 static points to your totalso even at 300 point vs 900, you have barely a chance unless the other team has a complete break down.

I'm also not talking about balance as the two game modes are completely different, just pointing out why myself and probably many others don't like Tribute, nothing you do up until the last minute in the match matters, unless of course you wipe the enemy at the start and get all flags right away.

Sure, take downs means nothing, that why mostly deathball tactic win matches. =)
Capturing all zones will give you 300 static points, while opponent will loose 300 points. So we have 600/600 at this moment. Than emeny just need to running around the zones, don't let you get enough points to break them.
It's always a chance to loose in Dominion for no reason. In tribute I never see situation like this. Hold two tribute and sit around them is just a bad tactic, that's why you loose.
The only reason, why people play Dominion, cause it's faster way to find and play match to take ex and steel.

RenegadeRasta
08-06-2018, 04:26 PM
Sure, take downs means nothing, that why mostly deathball tactic win matches. =)
Capturing all zones will give you 300 static points, while opponent will loose 300 points. So we have 600/600 at this moment. Than emeny just need to running around the zones, don't let you get enough points to break them.
It's always a chance to loose in Dominion for no reason. In tribute I never see situation like this. Hold two tribute and sit around them is just a bad tactic, that's why you loose.
The only reason, why people play Dominion, cause it's faster way to find and play match to take ex and steel.

Lose* I'm sorry bro I had to.

Tyrjo
08-06-2018, 04:27 PM
People talking like this means the devs have to think hard about how to get people into the other game modes. Maybe....increase the steel gain?

The_B0G_
08-06-2018, 05:39 PM

Deathball works on small maps against disorganised teams, when I'm in a group with friends and the opposing team is deathballing, we usually just split up and keep capturing zones, have them chase one of us, its usually a win instead of on small maps like Shard, then you just group up as well.

As far as the 900 - 300 argument goes, I don't count static points when talking about a lead but even if the guys with 900 have 300 being static points, thats still a 300 point lead, like I said earlier if you lose at that point, your team had a complete break down and blew the game because either your team changed tactics or your enemies did, it does happen, but not due to luck of the draw, like in Tribute when you lose only a couple fights the whole match and one of those times ends up being at the very end of the game.

I just don't like how the mode is set up personally, it's fine if you like it more, I'm just pointing out why I dislike it. If Tribute had a shrine that healed you when nearby it would be way more fair and a lot less luck involved.

SpaceJim12
08-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Deathball works on small maps against disorganised teams, when I'm in a group with friends and the opposing team is deathballing, we usually just split up and keep capturing zones, have them chase one of us, its usually a win instead of on small maps like Shard, then you just group up as well.

As far as the 900 - 300 argument goes, I don't count static points when talking about a lead but even if the guys with 900 have 300 being static points, thats still a 300 point lead, like I said earlier if you lose at that point, your team had a complete break down and blew the game because either your team changed tactics or your enemies did, it does happen, but not due to luck of the draw, like in Tribute when you lose only a couple fights the whole match and one of those times ends up being at the very end of the game.

I just don't like how the mode is set up personally, it's fine if you like it more, I'm just pointing out why I dislike it. If Tribute had a shrine that healed you when nearby it would be way more fair and a lot less luck involved.

Still, I have couple screens, where you can clearly see my team have more objectives, more kills and less deaths, than enemy team and we lose with 1200/600 score, while 90% of match we dominate with 300+ points.

The_B0G_
08-07-2018, 12:20 PM
Still, I have couple screens, where you can clearly see my team have more objectives, more kills and less deaths, than enemy team and we lose with 1200/600 score, while 90% of match we dominate with 300+ points.

Again though, kills doesn't equal points in Dominion, and you can have a lot of captures without having many points due to it, Dominion is about holding zones, not just capturing them, if someone boosts one zone most of the match, he can make a lot of points for his team but it only counts as 1 capture if no one contests him in that zone.

So just looking at the score card at the end of the match can be misleading since a lot of kills can mean you were ganking a lot, unless you have a really high score, for example if you have 650 and 15 kills, you're not getting those kills in 1v1 situations and having a lot of zone captures can mean you weren't defending zones, just running from one zone to the next.