PDA

View Full Version : General rework question

bubbaharris228
08-02-2018, 09:12 PM
I need a serious answer to this question.

With almost every character having had a rework or a buffing/“debuffing” of stats. Some of them now having had two reworks, one character in particular who I firmly believe didn’t need it at all, why only has the SHUGOKI been debuffed and out of all movesets is the simplest and never had a rework and or an additional combo or move inserted? Out of all the characters he is the most neglected I feel. All I’m asking in this world of cry babies calling for buffs and reworks, is can the fat man get some damn love too????

UbiJurassic
08-02-2018, 09:49 PM
I need a serious answer to this question.

With almost every character having had a rework or a buffing/“debuffing” of stats. Some of them now having had two reworks, one character in particular who I firmly believe didn’t need it at all, why only has the SHUGOKI been debuffed and out of all movesets is the simplest and never had a rework and or an additional combo or move inserted? Out of all the characters he is the most neglected I feel. All I’m asking in this world of cry babies calling for buffs and reworks, is can the fat man get some damn love too????

You're certainly not the only players that has wanted to see Shugoki get some love, and we've certainly noted that. The reworks that came with Season 7 are not the last and the team will continue working on bringing members of the original heroes up to speed with the rest of the roster. As far as future changes to Shugoki go, there are no new details to share at this time.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-02-2018, 11:10 PM
It's nice to have a definitive answer on that so thanks. I suggest getting rid of demons embrace and buffing from there.

Lord_Cherubi
08-02-2018, 11:28 PM
Im having a hard time to keep my patience but i will because i believe he has the potential to become absolutely amazing with the rework. I just don't get why they had to nerf him (don't exactly know how he was nerfed because i was on a short break).

They're stomping him to the ****ing ground and drowning him in the mud but i hope it's just so he can eventually rise back up and go on a rampage.

Imagine if you had to face a Shugo face to face with just a dagger in your hand. Pretty damn scary, just as he's supposed to be.

TSCDescon
08-03-2018, 01:38 AM
Honestly, I’ve stopped playing Shugoki for a long time. Still sitting at rep 30. Don’t listen to those who said “he’s good in the right hands.” Shugoki has nothing but 2, maybe 3 useful moves.

- light > head butt
- passive hyper armor (recently hidden nerf by the devs)
- wallsplat Demons embrace (if u r lucky)

Some may say “but his DE got buff because it heals on the break now” “faster dodge faster guardswitch, etc. those are more like hot fixes and not buffs.

Don’t stress yourself for playing a neglected character. It’s better to play with the up to date characters instead. Shugoki will most likely not get rework until maybe season 9 or 10, maybe he won’t even.

Next list of reworks are definitely Raider and Lawbringer.

bubbaharris228
08-04-2018, 10:53 PM
I’m just glad I’m not the only one feeling the pain. After this update it seems he’s so much farther behind. I like what you said up there about the hyperarmor... ✊🏻

AzureSky.
08-05-2018, 01:56 AM
You're certainly not the only players that has wanted to see Shugoki get some love, and we've certainly noted that. The reworks that came with Season 7 are not the last and the team will continue working on bringing members of the original heroes up to speed with the rest of the roster. As far as future changes to Shugoki go, there are no new details to share at this time.

Shugoki, Lawbringer and Raider, that should be the next characters for rework

For a big scale Shugoki and Lawbringer (change everything about him except design, his current gameplay is really binary)

for a "just add more tools and buff him" Raider, he just doesn't work with the top % of players cause he doesn't have a single move that is lower than 600ms and his soft feint is the easiest to see and parry.