PDA

View Full Version : LOL at Warrior's Den comment about Breach's Commander

We.the.North
08-02-2018, 06:54 PM
" We realised AoE feats were a little too strong, especially against the Commander .... so we decided to buff the Commander against those Feats "

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT !?!?!?!?!

Community has been saying AoE are too strong for over a year and instead of finally nerfing them, you decide to buff the Commander vs AoE feats.

L.O.L.

DefiledDragon
08-02-2018, 07:48 PM
Clearly the devs vision for the game, what it is and how it's supposed to be played, is different to the community's vision. Feats are clearly supposed to play a larger role in group based gameplay. Does it suck? Well, that's subjective really. I don't particularly care for the feats like catapult or arrow storm due to the instakill nature but some people probably like them. The devs obviously do.

The_B0G_
08-02-2018, 09:59 PM
In theory they sound good, for example, you're in a 1v4 and you make a parry a step back, drop a catapult on your enemies and take out a few, now it's more even and you can possibly win the fight.

What actually happens game to game is completely different, for example, you're fighting 1v4 and you're getting hammered by unblockables while one player sits back and waits until there is no way you can escape and drops a catapult on you and his 3 teammates, killing only you and barely damaging his own teammates who are directly in the AoE as well.

Mass damage AoE feats all need to go.

DefiledDragon
08-02-2018, 10:07 PM
Mass damage AoE feats all need to go.

Yeah, I agree. It's a medieval fighting game about knights, samurai and vikings. It does not need airstrikes and mortar bombardments, which is essentially what they are.

Hormly
08-02-2018, 11:26 PM
The core of this game is its melee combat system, and feats simply do not enhance this system at all, but rather succeed only in occasionally ruining it.

All AOE feats need to go

No0b.Nr.1
08-03-2018, 12:42 AM
WE have middle age. We have fight between 2 armies. A lot of action, then someone call for catapult ! but HOW !? walky talky i would say. Very nice hahaha. This game need Powerful gameplay, feats like AOE,s , ledges like u get hit u fall into water u die, just r SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAD for this game. It could be so epic without these trashes.

DefiledDragon
08-03-2018, 03:09 AM
WE have middle age. We have fight between 2 armies. A lot of action, then someone call for catapult ! but HOW !? walky talky i would say. Very nice hahaha. This game need Powerful gameplay, feats like AOE,s , ledges like u get hit u fall into water u die, just r SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAD for this game. It could be so epic without these trashes.

I don't have an issue with ledging, situational awareness is just a part of combat. You should be aware of your opponent and your environment at all times and use both to your advantage when the opportunity arises. That's how you win fights. I do have a problem with aerial bombardments in a medieval swordfighting game. It's almost like developers just can't get away from modern military shooters, even in a game like For Honor. Oooh, better put mortar strikes in or the MW crowd might not buy the game. Sigh.

Hormly
08-03-2018, 03:14 AM
I don't have an issue with ledging, situational awareness is just a part of combat. You should be aware of your opponent and your environment at all times and use both to your advantage when the opportunity arises. That's how you win fights. I do have a problem with aerial bombardments in a medieval swordfighting game. It's almost like developers just can't get away from modern military shooters, even in a game like For Honor. Oooh, better put mortar strikes in or the MW crowd might not buy the game. Sigh.

I agree, I like ledging/hazards too as it does add a layer of depth to the combat.

Bombs, however, serve no purpose other than to ruin the second half of every 4v4

Charmzzz
08-03-2018, 08:29 AM
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-325754-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

One of the biggest difference from the beginning of Season 5 is the Nobushi’s importance in 4v4 has decreased and Kensei became a good pick. With Nobushi’s slight nerf in S5 and the Peacekeeper changes in S6,1 we think Shaman will be in a sweet spot in 4v4. We wanted to diminish the supremacy of what we call “The Bleed Team”: Peacekeeper / Shaman / Nobushi by nerfing some of the Heroes of the team but most importantly buffing other Heroes to make them a valid pick.

Devs balancing: "Let's nerf 2 Characters so that the one we want to nerf is not that good anymore". Same as "Let's give Commander resistancy against AOE Feats because they deal too much Damage".

#logic

SpaceJim12
08-03-2018, 10:31 AM
The core of this game is its melee combat system, and feats simply do not enhance this system at all, but rather succeed only in occasionally ruining it.

All AOE feats need to go

Game will be very boring without "these trashes".

Come on, if you want only pure melee combat, why don't you just play Duels or Brawls? There are no feats at all.
Than, ledges. If you fight with someone on the top of the castle tower, how for god sake you could be safe from falling from it? No. If I fight around pits, spiked barricades etc, I should have a real danger to die from it.
Do you guys ever see the mess, which happens in the middle of real medieval fight? For Honor are waaay more calm and ordered. If you want to safe and warm melee fighting play classic fencing simulator with masks and white tights.

No0b.Nr.1
08-03-2018, 01:50 PM

Come on, if you want only pure melee combat, why don't you just play Duels or Brawls? There are no feats at all.
Than, ledges. If you fight with someone on the top of the castle tower, how for god sake you could be safe from falling from it? No. If I fight around pits, spiked barricades etc, I should have a real danger to die from it.
Do you guys ever see the mess, which happens in the middle of real medieval fight? For Honor are waaay more calm and ordered. If you want to safe and warm melee fighting play classic fencing simulator with masks and white tights.

Bro, do you actually read ?? I dont say it shouldnt be a part of that. I talked about how it works. Ledge should be a part for sure ( becaus some of char have this as their kit ). But please tell me how many times do you fall down becaus u got ahit which actually just touched you like a kiss. It should be there but should work like how it should. Its a war not a anime fantasie. Feats should be a part of game too. Grandes no problem, less radius , NO PROBLEM at all. But what is the trash of calling catapult im middle of game ( map ) with walky talky . and kill all . btw catapult could never hit so faking exactly ( bla bla its a game , yes i know )

SpaceJim12
08-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Bro, do you actually read ?? I dont say it shouldnt be a part of that. I talked about how it works. Ledge should be a part for sure ( becaus some of char have this as their kit ). But please tell me how many times do you fall down becaus u got ahit which actually just touched you like a kiss. It should be there but should work like how it should. Its a war not a anime fantasie. Feats should be a part of game too. Grandes no problem, less radius , NO PROBLEM at all. But what is the trash of calling catapult im middle of game ( map ) with walky talky . and kill all . btw catapult could never hit so faking exactly ( bla bla its a game , yes i know )

Yeah, ledges have some idiotic technical issues for sure.=)
But people want to remove it not for that. Some players just run away from fight and wait you near the edge, making game stupid. But this is a player problems, not game.

Illyrian_King
08-03-2018, 02:11 PM

I kiss your finger tips for this :D

I am also really hyped for this stronger minions in Breach. Finally real helpsters instead of cannon fodder.