PDA

View Full Version : How to block orochi's light

JediGamerFurius
08-02-2018, 03:21 AM
I made a video explaning that since I see a lot of new players having trouble, and orochi's light it's no big deal.

https://youtu.be/VTppN_KOuVE

PepsiBeastin
08-02-2018, 03:26 AM
Now go do it in actual combat against 80ms+ players with a reflex guard hero <3

JediGamerFurius
08-02-2018, 03:33 AM
Now go do it in actual combat against 80ms+ players with a reflex guard hero <3

I did and it worked. Funny isn't it? Unfortunely I just couldn't record that because of my PC settings.

Mirage6201
08-02-2018, 03:51 AM
For those on Xbox, get the upload studio app for free. It allows you to time the frames of attacks. I have seen orochi lights as fast as 333ms or 10 frames. This may help you understand why you canít block. Hopefully knowing that you need superhuman reactions to block sometimes reduces the frustration.

JediGamerFurius
08-02-2018, 03:57 AM
For those on Xbox, get the upload studio app for free. It allows you to time the frames of attacks. I have seen orochi lights as fast as 333ms or 10 frames. This may help you understand why you can’t block. Hopefully knowing that you need superhuman reactions to block sometimes reduces the frustration.

I just don't think you have wrost frame rate than me while recording this video. I belive any Xbox one got better settings then my PC.

PepsiBeastin
08-02-2018, 03:58 AM
For those on Xbox, get the upload studio app for free. It allows you to time the frames of attacks. I have seen orochi lights as fast as 333ms or 10 frames. This may help you understand why you can’t block. Hopefully knowing that you need superhuman reactions to block sometimes reduces the frustration.

From what I understand, the time you have to react to an attack is the length of the attack, minus the combined ping of each player, plus 33-67(the timesnap input delay replacement). So a 500ms attack with a ping of 50ms on each player would be 500-100(for guard startup),+67, -100 (two 50ms pings). So you'd have 367ms to react to this attack.

Siegfried-Z
08-02-2018, 11:51 AM
I made a video explaning that since I see a lot of new players having trouble, and orochi's light it's no big deal.

https://youtu.be/VTppN_KOuVE

Just look at your vid.
Made a vid in real game. This is so slower than it is live.
And your on PC

JediGamerFurius
08-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Just look at your vid.
Made a vid in real game. This is so slower than it is live.
And your on PC

There are videos on youtube showing the same thing on consoles, and I got low framerate (wich makes more difficult to do blocks). Unfortunely I can't record a dominion match because of my settings but anyway, I just show you how to do it.

DefiledDragon
08-02-2018, 03:12 PM
I get hit a lot by Orochi's lights depending on a number of factors. Even if I react in time I still often get hit, but that's the nature of online play. I've also seen other players struggle when I've used Orochi. Ping is the worst offender by far, so showing people how reactable they are against bots is pointless. Just for the record, I never struggle to block Orochi's lights against bots and I doubt many others do either because you get the whole 400ms (which is actually quite a long time) to react.

JediGamerFurius
08-02-2018, 04:38 PM
I get hit a lot by Orochi's lights depending on a number of factors. Even if I react in time I still often get hit, but that's the nature of online play. I've also seen other players struggle when I've used Orochi. Ping is the worst offender by far, so showing people how reactable they are against bots is pointless. Just for the record, I never struggle to block Orochi's lights against bots and I doubt many others do either because you get the whole 400ms (which is actually quite a long time) to react.

I do not play only against bots, I do PVP dominion too and still don't think he's light is broken. By the way, this video must be pointless for you, but I see in many cases that the new players are having this kind of problem with orochi. If you don't want to help anybody is up to you, but remember that once you were new on this game too.

PepsiBeastin
08-02-2018, 04:46 PM
I do not play only against bots, I do PVP dominion too and still don't think he's light is broken. By the way, this video must be pointless for you, but I see in many cases that the new players are having this kind of problem with orochi. If you don't want to help anybody is up to you, but remember that once you were new on this game too.

The main problem is trying to block quick comboed lights with reflex guard. Fight conqueror, aramusha, and orochi with a reflex guard hero and you'll see that it's much harder.

JediGamerFurius
08-02-2018, 05:02 PM
The main problem is trying to block quick comboed lights with reflex guard. Fight conqueror, aramusha, and orochi with a reflex guard hero and you'll see that it's much harder.

I can make a video with my shinobi doing the same thing. It's harder but not impossible.