PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ubi. Not only did you make my leaving simple; you've saved me money.

Archeun
08-01-2018, 10:25 PM
I've played For Honor since launch.

I've put up with the crap game-play. I've put up with Ubisoft being more concerned with outfits than fixing bugs. I've put up with the cheating. I've put up with the feats. I've put up with the toxic community. I've put up with the gankfest. I've put up with all of it.

I was given a warning about "Harrassment". Ubi was nice enough to tell me that if you cuss at someone during a match; that's basically harassment. There's a troubling trend in the United States. Where it used to be sticks and stones; it's now safe spaces and support animals. Where it was once "pull up your bootstraps" it's now "validate my feelings".

When you call in-game trash talking harassment, I've had enough. I've reported a few people in my time but it's always been for them saying something racist. Cussing and competitive banter; I've always been fine with. I've never harassed anyone in this game. Told them to eat ****? Yes. Told them to **** themselves? Yes. Continued to say things after they ask me to stop? Nope.

I've been a loyal Ubisoft customer but I will never purchase another Ubisoft product in my life. I'm not going to support a company whose policies are built around babysitting crybabies who can't handle a word or two. I'd hate to think what they must do when their boss tells them to do their job or life shows them it doesn't care about their feelings. Competitive games will always have a level of **** talking and banter. If someone attacks a person over and over; that's harassment but telling someone off; whatever.

The only reason I posted this is because I know there are MANY who feel like me. Don't spend 18 months like I did hoping this game would improve. It's just getting worse. In the game Ubi has the power to pamper these people. In the real world, the jokes on them. The game stopped being fun months ago but this was the final insult.

Take care.

Knight_Raime
08-01-2018, 10:35 PM
You know if you were as grown up as you continue to claim you'd have just left quietly. You're not on some holy mission by trying to tell people to quit you're wounded and you're trying to scratch back. There are healthier ways to deal with your frustration.

Also. The "trash talk exists in competitive" card is bull and people only pull it because they got smacked for being a dip wad. You're not playing in a tournament. You're not on a signed team fighting another signed team in some friendly skrims. You're a **** online that happened to lose his temper and rather than backing off you lashed out. It's that simple. It's also a bit ironic that you're toating the whole "back in my day people brushed off words" crap yet you're the one here having a ***** fest like you're feelings got hurt over a warning.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You won't be missed.

Brutal_DaDo
08-01-2018, 10:43 PM
You know if you were as grown up as you continue to claim you'd have just left quietly. You're not on some holy mission by trying to tell people to quit you're wounded and you're trying to scratch back. There are healthier ways to deal with your frustration.

Also. The "trash talk exists in competitive" card is bull and people only pull it because they got smacked for being a dip wad. You're not playing in a tournament. You're not on a signed team fighting another signed team in some friendly skrims. You're a **** online that happened to lose his temper and rather than backing off you lashed out. It's that simple. It's also a bit ironic that you're toating the whole "back in my day people brushed off words" crap yet you're the one here having a ***** fest like you're feelings got hurt over a warning.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You won't be missed.

Man oooh man 😂 i am dying right here, when i see this kind of post iím looking for your replies knight, but this one killed me, people always get mad at you because of this and iím always here dying

Archeun
08-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Take your own advice Knight. Trust me; you are a prime example of what I am talking about.

Archeun
08-01-2018, 11:00 PM
@Knight_Raime: If you were half as grown up as you claim; you would have just kept your mouth shut. I can't stand you and never have been able too. You're a pompous ***, who has whined himsef on these forums. So don't sit and tell me about me; why don't you do yourself a favor and follow your own advice for once and STFU punk.

Alustar.exe
08-01-2018, 11:14 PM
I foresee an eminent forum ban on your future...

Remnancy1
08-01-2018, 11:36 PM
So you cry about "safe spaces" and "validate my feelings from the safety of a forum avatar amidst a rage post attacking someone for not aggreing with you....

because while acting like a COD brat you received a warning that hurt your feelings

Vakris_One
08-01-2018, 11:40 PM
The saying, "Talk sh/t, get hit" comes to mind. If you said those things in person you can imagine what would happen. Ubisoft merely delivered you the way more tame digital version.

Funny how people don't expect the same consequences for extremely bad manners to apply online as they do in person.

Knight_Raime
08-01-2018, 11:43 PM
Man oooh man �� i am dying right here, when i see this kind of post i’m looking for your replies knight, but this one killed me, people always get mad at you because of this and i’m always here dying

The only people who legit get mad at me are people who don't like having their opinion challenged. There are plenty of other forum members that have been around as long or longer than I whom i've had no beef with. Heck I can even name someone who came around and stopped disliking me after we had our back and forth a few times. If OP want's to act like a sassy child he's going to get a sassy response from me -shrug-

Take your own advice Knight. Trust me; you are a prime example of what I am talking about.

Hunny please. It's not being toxic if I throw your shade right back at you. That's called just deserts. My post history can be combed with a fine tooth comb and you can see the productive posts i've made. Not just informing of bugs but also thoughtful discussion pieces.

@Knight_Raime: If you were half as grown up as you claim; you would have just kept your mouth shut. I can't stand you and never have been able too. You're a pompous ***, who has whined himsef on these forums. So don't sit and tell me about me; why don't you do yourself a favor and follow your own advice for once and STFU punk.

Exactly what have i whined about? The over priced transmog system we had? That was a constructive post. The fact that Centurion became bad? Pretty sure I made constructive posts about that too. Closest thing I can think of of an actual whine post was back when I was under fire basically daily for being a centurion main. Still. None of what I posted comes anywhere close to this cry fest of a post. I told you forever ago if you didn't enjoy this game to leave because it's not good for your own health nor for the forums for you to behave like that. You decided to stick around anyway. You put yourself through this. I just wish you could have at least been the decent person i've seen you been and just left quietly. But instead you had to throw a tantrum as your last act around here.

Maybe if you won't want a dickish comment you don't make a dickish post? c:

oYouFAILEDXD157
08-02-2018, 12:11 AM
To the OP, don't even waste your time posting nothing, see how the first respond was some "senior member" Rushing in to tell you off and start arguments instead of saying something constructive. No lie, I swear there is like 7-8 "senior members" that just sit in their chairs and snipe the forums for posts like this. its almost as toxic as the game itself. That's ALL they do too,. How you gonna try to tell someone off cause they told you the ABSOLUTE TRUTH. Lmao I bet you my soul if you make a post and call it lets say 'Shaman bite op plz nerf' Half the keyboard warriors in here would storm it like no tomorrow. Smh.just laugh it off, play monster hunter if you haven't, not even close to for honor but hell of a better game much fun.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-02-2018, 01:02 AM
Agree with OP in general. World has gone completely nuts.

I find it very interesting that little bit of swearing is classified as harassment yet Ubisoft ( and any other gaming company for that matter) are aware that their product is being used by underage kids who shouldn't be playing certain games yet nothing is being done to stop that. Why would they? Kids are large gaming population and only kids would spend their lunch money to buy a new outfit.

So I guess that is fine but telling someone to f. off because they keep spamming you with wows and thanks is pure evil? Can't stand hypocrisy

Everyone keeps forgetting that competing in video games is similar to professional and amateur sports. People swear all the time in front of the others and at others and call them nasty names, it is part of the game and it helps venting out and controlling emotions. Almost like meditation. :)

UbiJurassic
08-02-2018, 01:53 AM
Agree with OP in general. World has gone completely nuts.

I find it very interesting that little bit of swearing is classified as harassment yet Ubisoft ( and any other gaming company for that matter) are aware that their product is being used by underage kids who shouldn't be playing certain games yet nothing is being done to stop that. Why would they? Kids are large gaming population and only kids would spend their lunch money to buy a new outfit.

So I guess that is fine but telling someone to f. off because they keep spamming you with wows and thanks is pure evil? Can't stand hypocrisy

Everyone keeps forgetting that competing in video games is similar to professional and amateur sports. People swear all the time in front of the others and at others and call them nasty names, it is part of the game and it helps venting out and controlling emotions. Almost like meditation. :)

Let me better clarify what constitutes as harassment. The occasional swearing is something that is rather common in games. For Honor being a competitive game by nature, players can easily get heated or stressed from playing at times and may look to externalize that frustration or anger online towards others. Harassment comes into play when someone continues to berate someone or has shown consistent behavior in which they berate others, perhaps going to extremes in order to do so.

It should be noted that when players submit reports, they are manually reviewed by the support team. If this was a one off comment with some very mild language, that would be one thing. However, in this case there was sufficient enough evidence necessitating the need for a formal warning.

TLDR; One minor use of swearing isn't going to get you a formal warning. Doing it consistently will.

Knight_Raime
08-02-2018, 02:37 AM
Let me better clarify what constitutes as harassment. The occasional swearing is something that is rather common in games. For Honor being a competitive game by nature, players can easily get heated or stressed from playing at times and may look to externalize that frustration or anger online towards others. Harassment comes into play when someone continues to berate someone or has shown consistent behavior in which they berate others, perhaps going to extremes in order to do so.

It should be noted that when players submit reports, they are manually reviewed by the support team. If this was a one off comment with some very mild language, that would be one thing. However, in this case there was sufficient enough evidence necessitating the need for a formal warning.

TLDR; One minor use of swearing isn't going to get you a formal warning. Doing it consistently will.

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify for people. I know how frustrating a mods job can be (as I am one for a different forum site) so thanks for your continued work Jurassic :>

Xeith98zz
08-02-2018, 05:20 AM
Dont let the door hit you out the way out, toodleloo

NHLGoldenKnight
08-02-2018, 06:12 AM

Thanks for quick explanation in detail. That makes things more clear and OP probably used more than 1 f. word.

Playing_Mantis
08-02-2018, 06:36 AM
BOO HOO!! get the **** out of here man. Kids like you who tell people to **** off and eat ****? yea your a piece of **** and I'm glad your banned. toxic community? yes because of idiots like yourself. so by you leaving the community its one less ******* to deal with. nobody needs to be told to **** off just because you suck **** at the game and lost to them.. come on man.. your ridiculous. crying because you can't tell people to **** off in the game... my god. seriously get out of here... sadly i know your going to go buy the game again under a different account because you love the game and were going to have to deal with your ******** again until your ban again. I'm glad ubi banned you and it makes my respect for the company even higher. peace out *****!

SpaceJim12
08-02-2018, 09:50 AM
Wait a minute, do you have troubles with switching chat to "off"?

I mean, sireously, if you could put up with so much things...and can't just swithing off game chat to keep on playing, I don't really know what could help you, sorry.

SuguruMisato
08-02-2018, 09:59 AM
BOO HOO!! get the **** out of here man. Kids like you who tell people to **** off and eat ****? yea your a piece of **** and I'm glad your banned. toxic community? yes because of idiots like yourself. so by you leaving the community its one less ******* to deal with. nobody needs to be told to **** off just because you suck **** at the game and lost to them.. come on man.. your ridiculous. crying because you can't tell people to **** off in the game... my god. seriously get out of here... sadly i know your going to go buy the game again under a different account because you love the game and were going to have to deal with your ******** again until your ban again. I'm glad ubi banned you and it makes my respect for the company even higher. peace out *****!

ubisoft-players-mentality.jpg

Kamen42
08-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Good bye, Archeun. I think you won't be missed.

Xeith98zz
08-02-2018, 04:00 PM

Jesus christ. Simmer down, no one needs to hear your extensive trash talk. Wouldnt be easier just to say "Bye?"

Arekonator
08-02-2018, 05:26 PM
And nothing of value was lost.